What's new

Pakistan of 60's. A model for 3rd world countries

You are caught lying because Bengalis eat mainly rice and fishcurry.

What are you? Racist? A large Bihari population eat flat bread, not all Bengalis are religiously bound to eat rice with fish curry, bread and other bakery. All that requires wheat!

But he mentioned wheat.

I have not read up on rice, so I cannot comment.

What are you? Racist? A large Bihari population eat flat bread, not all Bengalis are religiously bound to eat rice with fish curry, bread and other bakery. All that requires wheat!

Its their food culture what I mentioned.

Punjab+Sindh met much of E-Pakistan's wheat needs, isn't that a resource?
And free labour? Are you sure Bangladesh didn't break away from North Korea?
e Pak eats much more rice than roti. so it is not of much impact.
again, if you took 100 rupees you gave back only 10.

ok check out wiki on this
Disparities

Although East Pakistan had a larger population, West Pakistan dominated the divided country politically and received more money from the common budget.

Year -- Spending on West Pakistan (in millions of Pakistani rupees) --Spending on East Pakistan (in millions of Pakistani rupees) --Amount spent on East as percentage of West
1950–55 11,290 5,240 46.4
1955–60 16,550 5,240 31.7
1960–65 33,550 14,040 41.8
1965–70 51,950 21,410 41.2
Total 113,340 45,930 40.5
Source: Reports of the Advisory Panels for the Fourth Five Year Plan 1970–75, Vol. I, published

Bengalis were underrepresented in the Pakistan military. Officers of Bengali origin in the different wings of the armed forces made up just 5% of overall force by 1965; of these, only a few were in command positions, with the majority in technical or administrative posts.[26] West Pakistanis believed that Bengalis were not "martially inclined" unlike Pashtuns and Punjabis; the "martial races" notion was dismissed as ridiculous and humiliating by Bengalis.[26] Moreover, despite huge defence spending, East Pakistan received none of the benefits, such as contracts, purchasing and military support jobs. The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 over Kashmir also highlighted the sense of military insecurity among Bengalis, as only an under-strength infantry division and 15 combat aircraft without tank support were in East Pakistan to thwart any Indian retaliations during the conflict.[27][28]by

Now you understand why i say resource and manpower

e Pak eats much more rice than roti. so it is not of much impact.
again, if you took 100 rupees you gave back only 10.

ok check out wiki on this
Disparities

Although East Pakistan had a larger population, West Pakistan dominated the divided country politically and received more money from the common budget.

Year -- Spending on West Pakistan (in millions of Pakistani rupees) --Spending on East Pakistan (in millions of Pakistani rupees) --Amount spent on East as percentage of West
1950–55 11,290 5,240 46.4
1955–60 16,550 5,240 31.7
1960–65 33,550 14,040 41.8
1965–70 51,950 21,410 41.2
Total 113,340 45,930 40.5
Source: Reports of the Advisory Panels for the Fourth Five Year Plan 1970–75, Vol. I, published

Bengalis were underrepresented in the Pakistan military. Officers of Bengali origin in the different wings of the armed forces made up just 5% of overall force by 1965; of these, only a few were in command positions, with the majority in technical or administrative posts.[26] West Pakistanis believed that Bengalis were not "martially inclined" unlike Pashtuns and Punjabis; the "martial races" notion was dismissed as ridiculous and humiliating by Bengalis.[26] Moreover, despite huge defence spending, East Pakistan received none of the benefits, such as contracts, purchasing and military support jobs. The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 over Kashmir also highlighted the sense of military insecurity among Bengalis, as only an under-strength infantry division and 15 combat aircraft without tank support were in East Pakistan to thwart any Indian retaliations during the conflict.[27][28]by

Now you understand why i say resource and manpower

come on slumies should we start believing on these editable sources ?

It Pakistan had continued its trajectory it would have a been a developed country by now.PERIOD

Pakistan still has better laws and policies for business and investments than both India and China.

Pakistan has abundant natural resources, cheap labour and conducive business environment but poor infrastructure, instability and violence.

come on slumies should we start believing on these editable sources ?

Interesting, "slumies". Anyhow, it is a well known fact that very few development projects were sanctioned in then east pakistan. We don't need to "edit" anything prove such a well known fact. Hell, you folks even refused to let an East Pakistani party from assuming power even after winning a general election because they were "different". Had an east Pakistani political party assumed power back then, you probably wouldn't have had to deal with 1971 .

Omg. So what if we took resources from East Pakistan? It was our OWN LAND.

Much like what your'e doing to Baluchistan. Siphon off resources and yet give nothing back .

The greatest lesson about history is that very few actually derive lessons from it.

Interesting. Pakistan of 60s was a model state and more than half of it broke away in 1971,

@Mech

Stfu... You know nothing about Balochistan... I'm Balochi yet you're Indian and you're schooling me on Balochistan? Hahaha... :lol:

The sad thing is I've heard Balochis from the other side of the spectrum as well. You know, the gandhis and nehrus are kashmiris. Would you take their point of view on Kashmir issue??? So why should we take your point just because you're a Balochi???
@Mech

Stfu... You know nothing about Balochistan... I'm Balochi yet you're Indian and you're schooling me on Balochistan? Hahaha... :lol:

@Mech

And so you claim. However, my assertions are based on articles from reputed media houses in Pakistan and abroad. As opposed to that, I have your statement. So what should i "believe" ?

Interesting, "slumies". Anyhow, it is a well known fact that very few development projects were sanctioned in then east pakistan. We don't need to "edit" anything prove such a well known fact. Hell, you folks even refused to let an East Pakistani party from assuming power even after winning a general election because they were "different". Had an east Pakistani political party assumed power back then, you probably wouldn't have had to deal with 1971 .

Much like what your'e doing to Baluchistan. Siphon off resources and yet give nothing back .

The greatest lesson about history is that very few actually derive lessons from it.

its the slumies who twisted the facts and started freedom movements in bangladesh at that time and huge presence of slumies on internet is there to twist the facts around on different sources ... and about blochistan its the feudal system which dnt let government deliver the performance and development and plz stop yelling if you dont know ground realities you little professors

Back
Top Bottom