What's new

Pakistan Nuclear History- A Q Khan Version

It is now plainly obvious that AQ has always been a part of the corrupt system: the source of his undeserved fame. I want to take some time to honour the real hero of Pakistan's nuclear program.

Munir Ahmad Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

810a20c3d9bce601e53bc4a7b434108b.jpg

Munir Ahmad Khan is the father of Pakistan's Nuclear Program. It was Munir Ahmad Khan who proposed that Pakistan go nuclear to Bhutto. He worked with Dr. Abdus Salam who brought over a suitcase full of research papers and books to get the project started from scratch. Bhutto sensed A.Q. Khan's conniving nature, but he wanted the job done. So Bhutto ran two simultaneous projects: PAEC under Dr. Munir and KRL under AQ. AQ's stolen centrifuge blueprints from Urenco were incomplete and alot of time and money was wasted to reverse engineer the missing components, while PAEC under Dr. Munir developed the centrifuges indigenously at lower cost. PAEC had 20 departments/projects working towards nuclear weapons, each of them was the size of AQ's KRL. Finally, it was PAEC under Dr. Munir that did the first successful cold test of a working nuclear device.

AQ is a credit hogging and narcissistic man who represents just one of the many injustices on the Pakistani people where they don't even know the true heroes of their history. People of Pakistan have been taught that military dictators like Zia and Ayub are heroes whereas these very same people are traitors who should've been hanged for their part in the downfall of Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam personally recommended that Ayub Khan never be promoted after he failed miserably to protect the migrating refugees into Pakistan. Today, most Pakistanis think that AQ is the father of the nuclear program when he is just an opportunistic and selfish man who, like many Pakistanis I have seen, wanted his photo in the press for achieving nothing. While Munir Ahmad Khan, the patriot who kept silent to maintain operational security instead of bragging, was brushed aside and died in obscurity one year after the nuclear tests. It is injustice of the highest degree. Dr. Munir's memory will live on, history will be corrected one day, and I won't let his story become untold. Ever.

which weed ? :lol: seriously ? :sick:

Dr A Q Khan
Monday, September 29, 2014
From Print Edition

104 42 48 0

View attachment 101416

Part - XIII

Random thoughts

Last week I wrote something about Dr M Alam. Besides being a very competent and able colleague who designed the atom bomb, he was also an ardent hitchhiker. He, together with Dr Tahir Rasul (colleague of Eng Khokhar and a very competent mechanical engineer who made invaluable contributions to the success of our programme, now professor at Air University), founded a hiking club.

We built a club building and obtained excellent hiking equipment from Germany, free of cost, from our friend, Dr Heinz Mebus. Dr Alam, Dr Tahir, a few other colleagues and Dr Anisur Rahman, a well-known dental surgeon in Islamabad, regularly visited the northern areas for hiking. Their club building has many beautiful photos of the excursions.

One of my priorities was to concentrate, not only on the work, but also on the comfort of my staff. Kahuta was thus turned into a model town with flowers, fruit trees, a swimming pool, dairy, poultry/quail farms, a cricket ground, a football field, tennis and squash courts, a guesthouse at the dam (built by us) for senior staff, utility store, marriage hall, gymnasium, riding club, golf course, bus services for students and a bus service to and from Islamabad/Rawalpindi for families for shopping.

All the plantation and road works were taken care of by Brig Sajawal Khan, DG SWO who was a competent, no-nonsense officer who always delivered as promised. More than six feet tall, fit and well-built, he had a dominating personality and was willing and able to accomplish tasks at top speed. He came as a Lt-Col together with Gen Zahid, was promoted to full colonel with Gen Anis and then became brigadier and DG SWO after Gen Anis was posted as surveyor general of Pakistan. Most of the construction work inside the plant was completed during his tenure. He used to accompany me on my daily inspection of the plant. After retirement from the army I made him DG Maintenance and General Services, a job he performed with excellence.

In April 1998 when we were ready to launch the Ghauri missile from the site prepared at Kahuta, we were told to fire it from Tilla, Jhelum instead. We only had two days in which to make the alternate arrangements – an arduous task with bad roads, sharp turns, obstructing trees, low electric wires, etc. To transport such huge missiles on launchers together with the fuel and other equipment required was an enormous task. Thanks to Brig Sajawal, all went well.

The decision to shift sites at the last minute came from a general at the GHQ who was our liaison. He was afraid that the missile would fly over Rawalpindi and, if there was a mishap, the GHQ and more would be wiped out. He was obviously not aware of the fact that most failures occur during launching or immediately after. This missile was capable of reaching 360 km speed within a few seconds, then, after releasing the warhead, the fuselage falls a few hundred kilometres away. The warhead, pre-programmed to a specific target, would fly ballistically at high speed.

Dr Hashmi, Dr Mirza, Engineers Nasim Khan, Khokhar, Nazir Mirza, Badrul Islam, Brig Behram and many other senior officers were already at the site. On April 6 about 20 colleagues and I drove to Tilla Range by coaster. When we reached, those already there were just having breakfast. I sat down with Dr Hashmi and we got the shock of our lives when a crate snake slid between our legs. Our launching time was 7:30 am. At 7:22 I was informed by an army officer that the missile launch from Son Miani under Samar Mubarakmand had flopped. It had simply rolled over and burst into flame. There were reports of casualties, but these were never confirmed.

When I heard this, I was furious. It was obvious that the timing had been planned to steal our achievement by firing a copy of M-11 which KRL had developed at Khanpur. The drawings for that missile had been passed on to Samar Mubarakmand after we had handed over the factory to the army. I immediately gave the go-ahead and our missile was launched at 7:23. Slightly more than nine minutes later the warhead hit the ground near the target 1,300 km away. The army inspectors posted there confirmed the hit and gave a written report. A helicopter was also there to witness the event. There are many photographs recording the event. Since there were no proper facilities at Tilla Range, I later had weather-resistant sheds built there – bathrooms, cafeteria, kitchen, mosque, etc – which were then donated to the army.

The Tilla Range, Jhelum, fell under the Corps Commander of Mangla, Gen Musharraf at the time. As a courtesy, I invited him to witness the historic launching of Pakistan’s first ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. He said that he had neither been informed, nor invited, by the COAS, Gen Jehangir Karamat. I told him I would inform the chief. He arrived by helicopter an hour before the launch.

We all sat on the balcony of a building about 300 meters from the launching pad. Musharraf was sitting on one side of me with Gen Riaz A Chowhan, DG Medical Services, former surgeon general of Pakistan Army, on the other. Musharraf was reeking of alcohol and I told him that this was most inappropriate. I guess this did not go down well. Later, when he became president, he claimed that the launch had been a failure. It is hard to image this kind of behaviour from a head of state.

After the success of the launch I immediately informed PM Mian Nawaz Sharif. He was extremely pleased and asked me to come to PM House at about 10 pm with the video film. I rushed back to Islamabad and found Mushahid Hussain Syed, Saeed Mehdi and some others with the PM. After viewing the video, at the insistence of Mushahid, they decided to air it in the 1pm news bulletin.

At 11 am the PM addressed officers and participants at the National Defence College (now a university) and broke the news, to which there was thunderous applause. From Gen Zia’s statements the Indians knew that Pakistan had nuclear weapons, but the launching of a long-range ballistic missile capable of carrying these weapons from a mobile launcher took the wind out of their sales. It was soon realised by both countries that a large-scale war between the two was now a thing of the past. Neither could afford the costs and damages of a nuclear war.

Brig Sajawal had done an excellent job by providing the logistic support. He was also the one who provided the logistic support for the many nuclear cold tests we carried out from the beginning of 1983 to 1984. May Allah shower His blessings on him and his family and on all those who worked on the missile programme to its successful completion.

the more i read him the more i feel less heroic about him.... his writing is full of self obsession. It is a fact that perhaps Uranium Enrichment couldn't have been done without him but we should all know that on May 1998 all devices used were PAEC made. The weapon(actual battle ready bomb) we tested on 30rth May was Plutonium based fission device. Missile delivery program with solid fuel propulsion which actually provide us robust mobility, accuracy and rapid second strike option is delivered to us by PAEC. KRL contribution in producing fuel cores is applaud able indeed but it was merely a fall back option. Two separate nuclear programs insured that we get this capability no matter what. By the grace of God both programs met enormous success.

To know the real story must watch these youtube videos

Sultan Bashir Ud Din Mehmood Interview [1 of 5 parts]

Dr.Inam Ur rehman [1 of 14 parts]

To know the real story must watch these youtube videos

Sultan Bashir Ud Din Mehmood Interview [1 of 5 parts]

Dr.Inam Ur rehman [1 of 14 parts]

Both of these are gentlemen of the highest order. Salute!

Surprising. i dont find much details except very vague reference to actual workings that are needed to get a program off the ground. He speaks to rocket motors design as though they are available off the shelf - he fails to mention that the motor most likely sent across directly from N.Korea not to mention entire system itself. These things just dont appear over night - just as Anza which is licence production of a chinese manpad.

It is now plainly obvious that AQ has always been a part of the corrupt system: the source of his undeserved fame. I want to take some time to honour the real hero of Pakistan's nuclear program.

Munir Ahmad Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Munir-Ahmed-Khan.jpg

Munir Ahmad Khan is the father of Pakistan's Nuclear Program. It was Munir Ahmad Khan who proposed that Pakistan go nuclear to Bhutto. He worked with Dr. Abdus Salam who brought over a suitcase full of research papers and books to get the project started from scratch. Bhutto sensed A.Q. Khan's conniving nature, but he wanted the job done. So Bhutto ran two simultaneous projects: PAEC under Dr. Munir and KRL under AQ. AQ's stolen centrifuge blueprints from Urenco were incomplete and alot of time and money was wasted to reverse engineer the missing components, while PAEC under Dr. Munir developed the centrifuges indigenously at lower cost. PAEC had 20 departments/projects working towards nuclear weapons, each of them was the size of AQ's KRL. Finally, it was PAEC under Dr. Munir that did the first successful cold test of a working nuclear device.

AQ is a credit hogging and narcissistic man who represents just one of the many injustices on the Pakistani people where they don't even know the true heroes of their history. People of Pakistan have been taught that military dictators like Zia and Ayub are heroes whereas these very same people are traitors who should've been hanged for their part in the downfall of Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam personally recommended that Ayub Khan never be promoted after he failed miserably to protect the migrating refugees into Pakistan. Today, most Pakistanis think that AQ is the father of the nuclear program when he is just an opportunistic and selfish man who, like many Pakistanis I have seen, wanted his photo in the press for achieving nothing. While Munir Ahmad Khan, the patriot who kept silent to maintain operational security instead of bragging, was brushed aside and died in obscurity one year after the nuclear tests. It is injustice of the highest degree. Dr. Munir's memory will live on, history will be corrected one day, and I won't let his story become untold. Ever.
Well put. AQ was used very nicely for being the limelight poster child on whom attention could be diverted to while other work carried on in parallel.

Both of these are gentlemen of the highest order. Salute!
Those who are learned are humble!!!

Surprising. i dont find much details except very vague reference to actual workings that are needed to get a program off the ground. He speaks to rocket motors design as though they are available off the shelf - he fails to mention that the motor most likely sent across directly from N.Korea not to mention entire system itself. These things just dont appear over night - just as Anza which is licence production of a chinese manpad.

Well put. AQ was used very nicely for being the limelight poster child on whom attention could be diverted to while other work carried on in parallel.

Those who are learned are humble!!!

I suspect that both Dr. Inam and his wife are actually angels put on Earth to help Pakistan, and not mere humans. I mean it.

Most of this is ranting, selective story telling, by the self-proclaimed Messiah of Pakistan and those who call him the "Father of the Islamic Bomb.

He takes credit, on the assumption that he and only he was capable of creating Pakistan's Nuclear Program, only referencing what three civil servants, eleven military soldiers. Calling others novice or incompetent, while those who sided with him confident and patriotic. Noticing security lapses on sites. etc.

While adding a dash of how much he sacrificed.

When you work for a nation who least interested in thanking their heroes than you say things which you won't otherwise

When you work for a nation who least interested in thanking their heroes than you say things which you won't otherwise

Ok lets remove Jinnah from the currency, government buildings, airports, universities, roads, and replace him with AQ Khan, Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Shariff, a couple of Bugtis, and lets not forget that molvi from Lal Masjid.

Ok lets remove Jinnah from the currency, government buildings, airports, universities, roads, and replace him with AQ Khan, Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Shariff, a couple of Bugtis, and lets not forget that molvi from Lal Masjid.
You are comparing AQ Khan with Nawaz and Benazir tells a lot about you.

AQ didn't as for other three yes.

I like this Hadith:

It was narrated from Mu'awiyah bin Jahimah As-Sulami, that Jahimah came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said:
"O Messenger of Allah! I want to go out and fight (in Jihad) and I have come to ask your advice." He said: "Do you have a mother?" He said: "Yes." He said: "Then stay with her, for Paradise is beneath her feet."

Back
Top Bottom