What's new

Pakistan Nuclear History- A Q Khan Version

Well . He has a big contribution making Pakistan a nuclear state but he was not alone. It was not a one man job. There were some other big names involved also who kept low profile likes of Dr Munir Khan. Dr Salam, Sultan Bashir ud din mehmood and Dr Tufail. It was Dr Munir Khan who first tried to convince President Ayub in London that Pakistan should go for Nuclear technology. I met with Sultan Bashir ud din and Dr Tufail and both of them are excellent personalities and true heroes of Pakistan.

What about A.Q Khan Accusation that Dr.Munir and Dr.Salam actively passed secrets to americans?

What about A.Q Khan Accusation that Dr.Munir and Dr.Salam actively passed secrets to americans?

Dr munir and Dr Salaam's contributions are huge and can not be denied. I am not in a position to verify these accusation but i come cross many people who know Dr A Q Khan very well including my own father and most of them found Dr A Q Khan very ambitious and some how selfish as well.

Dr munir and Dr Salaam's contributions are huge and can not be denied. I am not in a position to verify these accusation but i come cross many people who know Dr A Q Khan very well including my own father and most of them found Dr A Q Khan very ambitious and some how selfish as well.

The problem is, SPD is not censoring such stuff and A Q khan was head of Uranium program. People might believe A Q readily that Munir and Salam was spy and had nothing useful to contribute to this program

The problem is, SPD is not censoring such stuff and A Q khan was head of Uranium program. People might believe A Q readily that Munir and Salam was spy and had nothing useful to contribute to this program

The first head of KRL was Sultan Bashir ud din Mehmood (who also set up Khusab Power plant later) and Dr A Q Khan was appointed his assistant. It was Dr A Q Khan who reported to Bhutto that Sultan Bashir is Qadiani due to his name. An inquiry was set up and Dr A Q Khan was made acting head of KRL as Sultan Bashir was temporary removed from the post that time. This allegation turned out to be false later. Sultan Bashir was removed from the job in 1998 due to its strict stance of not to sign the CTBT.

Geo, mostly objective and neutral, has become the target of vandalism. Makhdoom Javed Hasmi has exposed the PTI’s mentality and intentions. God save Pakistan!

It is now plainly obvious that AQ has always been a part of the corrupt system: the source of his undeserved fame. I want to take some time to honour the real hero of Pakistan's nuclear program.

Munir Ahmad Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Munir-Ahmed-Khan.jpg

Munir Ahmad Khan is the father of Pakistan's Nuclear Program. It was Munir Ahmad Khan who proposed that Pakistan go nuclear to Bhutto. He worked with Dr. Abdus Salam who brought over a suitcase full of research papers and books to get the project started from scratch. Bhutto sensed A.Q. Khan's conniving nature, but he wanted the job done. So Bhutto ran two simultaneous projects: PAEC under Dr. Munir and KRL under AQ. AQ's stolen centrifuge blueprints from Urenco were incomplete and alot of time and money was wasted to reverse engineer the missing components, while PAEC under Dr. Munir developed the centrifuges indigenously at lower cost. PAEC had 20 departments/projects working towards nuclear weapons, each of them was the size of AQ's KRL. Finally, it was PAEC under Dr. Munir that did the first successful cold test of a working nuclear device.

AQ is a credit hogging and narcissistic man who represents just one of the many injustices on the Pakistani people where they don't even know the true heroes of their history. People of Pakistan have been taught that military dictators like Zia and Ayub are heroes whereas these very same people are traitors who should've been hanged for their part in the downfall of Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam personally recommended that Ayub Khan never be promoted after he failed miserably to protect the migrating refugees into Pakistan. Today, most Pakistanis think that AQ is the father of the nuclear program when he is just an opportunistic and selfish man who, like many Pakistanis I have seen, wanted his photo in the press for achieving nothing. While Munir Ahmad Khan, the patriot who kept silent to maintain operational security instead of bragging, was brushed aside and died in obscurity one year after the nuclear tests. It is injustice of the highest degree. Dr. Munir's memory will live on, history will be corrected one day, and I won't let his story become untold. Ever.

Dr munir and Dr Salaam's contributions are huge and can not be denied.
First of all, Mr. Munir Ahmad was not a Doctor so get this fact straight. Second of all, whatever contribution Dr. Salam has in the field of Physics has little to do with Pakistani nuclear program. Dr. AQ Khan is hell of a self-worshiper but he is correct about Mr. Munir and Dr. Salam.

And please stop seeing everything through the glasses of Qadyanis and non-Qadyani.

@Bratva Good job of translating his columns into English. I would suggest you to get your translation reviewed by Dr. Khan (his email address is provided), and with his permission, published as a monograph. It will be a good service for the country. Again, job well done.

Last edited:
For of all, Mr. Munir Ahmad was not a Doctor so get this fact straight. Second of all, whatever contribution Dr. Salam has in the field of Physics has little to do with Pakistani nuclear program. Dr. AQ Khan is hell of a self-worshiper but he is correct about Mr. Munir and Dr. Salam.

And please stop seeing everything through the glasses of Qadyanis and non-Qadyani.

@Bratva Good job of translating his columns into English. I would suggest you to get your translation reviewed by Dr. Khan (his email address is provided), and with his permission, published as a monograph. It will be a good service for the country. Again, job well done.

The credit goes to The News, who translates and print it in english. Sorry if the impression was given I translated the articles.

All stories / articles Dr A Q Khan

Great Collection.
But I strongly disagree over the Accusations of Mr. Khan.
Dr. Munir was a patriot...did sone real hardcore research in the plutonium route. He has done what was simpley impossible.....And Khan was not even a Nuclear Scientist.... Jusat an Enginner with a degree in Metallurgy !

First of all, Mr. Munir Ahmad was not a Doctor so get this fact straight. Second of all, whatever contribution Dr. Salam has in the field of Physics has little to do with Pakistani nuclear program. Dr. AQ Khan is hell of a self-worshiper but he is correct about Mr. Munir and Dr. Salam.

Sir, Yes it was my mistake calling Munir Khan DR but still you can not denied the contribution and services of both Munir khan and Dr salaam. They both were pioneer and together did the brilliant job for their country. There is no comparison between A Q Khan's services with these two persons. A Q Khan termed most of his colleagues who worked with him either incompetent or dishonest and those who worked under him are happened to be the most hardworking and intelligent people.

Regarding Qadyanis issue, I don't give too much importance as it is people's personal choice which must be respected. What i mentioned before was fact and that how things were happened that time. Dr A Q Khan false allegation against Sultan Bashir Ud Din Mehmood due to name similarity shows the true character of Dr A Q Khan and his ambition of becoming the head of the project.

Dr. Mirza was one of the "Mirza bradaraan" (as they were known) who were in PAEC back then. ALL of them were exceedingly brilliant, humble and hardworking geniuses with many significant contributions.

Do you know I have met one of the Mirza Brothers; the youngest one he was I think bank in 1996 I think.

Phuck .. I am getting too old :(

Do you know I have met one of the Mirza Brothers; the youngest one he was I think bank in 1996 I think.

Phuck .. I am getting too old :(

Good to know that. I have learnt much from them too, and we all grow old at the same rate! :D

Is this a mere coincidence that many of those involved in Pak nuke project died rather early? And heart attack?? That's suspicious!!

Is this a mere coincidence that many of those involved in Pak nuke project died rather early? And heart attack?? That's suspicious!!

Could be due to pressure and work load, i think

I guess just from the language AQ Khan is using for the people he despises, one can judge his utter un-professionalism. I don't remember anyone craving so badly for publicity and credit.

Back
Top Bottom