What's new

Pakistan not to accept alteration in Indus Waters Treaty

i don't want to make this into off-topic debate, i believe a all out war is something pak military can compete with. you may have your opinions but , but i'll go be ex-president musharraf words who literally said pakistan needs nuke since it faces a "existential crisis" from a conventional war with india

that's a nice story and all but the ground reality is we already started building the dams.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1286433

We already have countermeasures in place. Like we did with our nukes in May 1998. Just think about one of the primary objectives of CPEC :azn:

The technology already exists to make water starved nations gain sufficient water supplies. It may cost a lot of money but with massive Chinese investments and Pakistan's ever improving economy it would be a more than achieveable task:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/534996/megascale-desalination/

Not too expensive at $500 million aswell :azn:

And as Pakistan has a massive coastline to warm waters the above would not be hard to achieve. All it would mean is that Pakistan would have to make it's water systems and infrastructure to Western/developed standards. That would be a blessing in disguise and a good thing. So please indians go ahead and try :azn:

Last edited:
i don't want to make this into off-topic debate, i believe a all out war is something pak military can compete with. you may have your opinions but , but i'll go be ex-president musharraf words who literally said pakistan needs nuke since it faces a "existential crisis" from a conventional war with india

that's a nice story and all but the ground reality is we already started building the dams.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1286433
pakistani terrain won't help you win wars.
with 1:2 advantage you cannot win a war. you can just fight it.
india sent message to pakistan to leave kashmir or they will n-bomb pakistan soon after indian nuclear blast in 1998. pakistan need nuclear weapons to counter those threats. and kargil war is an example that india don't enjoy decisive edge.
i donot want to discuss contraversies and off topic issues. but 6 months and 1:30 advantage + logistics problems for pakistanis easily can give a message to both nations that days of decisive victory and invasions are over. only way forward is dialog on issues.

We already have countermeasures in place. Like we did with our nukes in May 1998. Just think about one of the primary objectives of CPEC :azn:

The technology already exists to make water starved nations gain sufficient water supplies. It may cost a lot of money but with massive Chinese investments and Pakistan's ever improving economy it would be a more than achieveable task:

Not too expensive at $500 million aswell :azn:
1998? the bomb test?

anyway as much as i would like to believe in fairy tail , this subcontinent is not known for its overnight industrialization miracles, nor do i believe in a another average economic corridor changing anything . massive desalination are barely capable by the ultra rich nations such as isreal, even they can't totally rely on it for a single city

Hallucinating Hindu only understands one language ... of the bullet.

All that's required is to threaten India as Zia did at Delhi airport and flew straight back. And this water stoppage nonsense would end.

NS doesn't have the balls to do that hence Indians want to renegotiate with him in power.

1998? the bomb test?

anyway as much as i would like to believe in fairy tail , this subcontinent is not known for its overnight industrialization miracles, nor do i believe in a another average economic corridor changing anything . massive desalination are barely capable by the ultra rich nations such as isreal, even they can't totally rely on it for a single city

Not now you can't but the technology is fast approaching whereby you can . So when india finally blocks it's entire waters to Pakistan we would by then be able to take advantage of our vast warm water coastline and have enough water supply for eternity.

The technology will be there in a few years but it will take india at least 10 years to completely block of Pakistan's water supplies. That's why the Israelis no longer wish to seize Lebanon's Latani river.

pakistani terrain won't help you win wars.
with 1:2 advantage you cannot win a war. you can just fight it.
india sent message to pakistan to leave kashmir or they will n-bomb pakistan soon after indian nuclear blast in 1998. pakistan need nuclear weapons to counter those threats. and kargil war is an example that india don't enjoy decisive edge.
i donot want to discuss contraversies and off topic issues. but 6 months and 1:30 advantage + logistics problems for pakistanis easily can give a message to both nations that days of decisive victory and invasions are over. only way forward is dialog on issues.
again i'm ot inserted in going off-topic , i quoted your nations former leaders own words .

Hallucinating Hindu only understands one language ... of the bullet.

All that's required is to threaten India as Zia did at Delhi airport and flew straight back. And this water stoppage nonsense would end.

NS doesn't have the balls to do that hence Indians want to renegotiate with him in power.

why are you bringing religion into this ?why are you targeting Hindus in your post? india has as many muslims as pakistan . this dam is going to provide more water to muslims than hindus.

Not now you can't but the technology is fast approaching whereby you can . So when india finally blocks it's entire waters to Pakistan we would by then be able to take advantage of our vast warm water coastline and have enough water supply for eternity.

The technology will be there in a few years but it will take india at least 10 years to completely block of Pakistan's water supplies. That's why the Israelis no longer wish to seize Lebanon's Latani river.
all i can say is ,i'm skeptical.
a average dam in india takes around 5-6 years at most. so good luck building and nation wide industrializing using that non-existing technology "future" technology

why isnt pakistan angry at china for building dams on river leading into Pakstan?

But but... that's China.. China can do anything she wish for.
Its worrying that china can do this and pakistan still wont care. Pakistan are so reliant on China now its dangerous.

again i'm ot inserted in going off-topic , i quoted your nations former leaders own words .

why are you bringing religion into this ?why are you targeting Hindus in your post? india has as many muslims as pakistan . this dam is going to provide more water to muslims than hindus.

all i can say is ,i'm skeptical.
a average dam in india takes around 5-6 years at most. so good luck building and nation wide industrializing using that non-existing technology "future" technology

But the technology already exists:

All that needs to be done is to make that technology usable on a larger scale. The hardest part has already been achieved. And as the Chinese have invested in at least $55 billion in Pakistan with many more billions earmarked for investments in the coming years and decades, they will assist us in this regard. As a matter of fact, 1 of the key objectives of CPEC was to achieve this goal. Hence the massive infrastructure, energy projectcs & revamping of Pakistan's irrigation and sewage systems as a part of the CPEC package.

Its worrying that china can do this and pakistan still wont care. Pakistan are so reliant on China now its dangerous.
Yeah, they are buffering. China is already building dams in Indus without even notifying Pakistan. So much for IWT. I think we should scrap the treaty because it has become ineffective with China playing its own cards.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are buffering. China is already building dams in Indus without even notifying China. So much for IWT. I think we should scrap the treaty because it has become ineffective with China playing its own cards.

Agree we need to build dams to protect ourselves from China.

Just unlucky on Pakistan, that its the third nation of which the river flows into.

Pakistan can blame China for starting this, so can Bangladesh too.

Pre emptive strikes with a reason and international support in this matter. and i don't know how would dead indians occupy PAKISTAN for decades. and one thing more.

Nope. Nothing justifies a nuclear strike. You will be called Nazis after that.

Anyway, I gave you a nuke map. Check the nuke map.

ever heard of heat and radiations for 5-6 months when N bomb explodes.

Oh really? Then how do you explain this?

Check from 3:00.

They walked into ground zero the next day. In fact you can start clearing debris and rebuilding damaged buildings from the very next week.

even in conventional war india don't have that big edge it once enjoyed to conquer Pakistan.

The opposite. In 65 we were weaker. In 71 we were stretched between 2 fronts. Today, we have a far superior AF, far superior army and far superior navy. There is no real comparison. In 1987 itself we had achieved teh capability necessary to push very deep into Pakistan.

It is Pakistan's conventional weakness the reason why Pak leaders keep threatening us with nuclear weapons every few weeks. That's why tactical nukes were introduced.

and bombing indian dams in IOK isn't a big issue for us. and i can guarantee you that even half of Pakistan army can defend Pakistan. you need atleast 1:10 numerical advantage in today's world to defeat a strong, fully armed and battle hardened army. and even with this advantage victory is not guaranteed.

Dams are one more target that are illegal to be targeted. But check what will happen if Mangla and Tarbela are destroyed.

You need 3:1 ratio to invade, and we have much more than that.

the three rivers belong to Pakistan under IWT. and we won't end the agreement for new one.

India can make it so that all 6 rivers belong to India. And dude, there are 6 rivers, not 5. Go look at the river map.

When we say "Land of Five Rivers", there is no Indus mentioned.

ever heard the word "scientific progress". you are comparing apples with oranges. today nuclear weapons are 1000 times more powerful than those bombs.

1000 times more powerful is not equal to 1000 times more devastating.
Nuclear bombs were small when they started. Then they became big because the missiles were not accurate. Now they are small again because missiles are accurate.

You don't have even 10% of Russia's arsenal and you are threatening us with a nuclear war?

All you have are a few dozen atom bombs. And you have totally discounted India's ballistic missile defence.

and even with that advantage do you really think you can defeat an army which had over the time transformed into large guerrilla force with more weapons and numirical advantage than any guerrilla force.

If you go nuclear, do you know how much worse our troops will be towards Pakistani targets? We will be killing civilians also in your own cities. Most of Pakjab will be empty. How will you launch guerrilla warfare when there are no civilians to hide amongst? Our troops will be practically killing everything that moves.

You forget that even we have nukes. And you don't have money, or the military strength to fight anymore.

good luck with the flash floods and a full scale retaliation of a military 4x the size of yours
We will take you down with us . its better to die in a nuclear blast rather then of thirst

But the technology already exists:

All that needs to be done is to make that technology usable on a larger scale. The hardest part has already been achieved. And as the Chinese have invested in at least $55 billion in Pakistan with many more billions earmarked for investments in the coming years and decades, they will assist us in this regard. As a matter of fact, 1 of the key objectives of CPEC was to achieve this goal. Hence the massive infrastructure, energy projectcs & revamping of Pakistan's irrigation and sewage systems as a part of the CPEC package.

i disagree , your predictions are unrealistic and imaginary to say the least .

55billion is childs play when you are talking about replaceing the water source of 200million people with a non existing infrastructure that's going to distribute it through 796,095 km² . even if one of those mega plants cost over 500000000the you would need 33 billion five hundred million dollars to supply just 67 of paks "major" cities.

Back
Top Bottom