What's new

Pakistan Navy's Surface Combatant Procurement

Jihad iam with u bro i have always said the same i know all about it first hand my father is a retd PN capt and retd NSC( national shipping corp of pakistan ) Advisor. I heard it from him all the time and the danger that Pakistan faces or will face in the future if this issue is not taken seriously to eqp PN....

Jihad iam with u bro i have always said the same i know all about it first hand my father is a retd PN capt and retd NSC( national shipping corp of pakistan ) Advisor. I heard it from him all the time and the danger that Pakistan faces or will face in the future if this issue is not taken seriously to eqp PN....

i furthur add that if we have more subs and powerfull fleet we are able to cut the enemy's energy supplies

i furthur add that if we have more subs and powerfull fleet we are able to cut the enemy's energy supplies

Boss India being the main threat before now and hopefully not in the near future ! has huge blue water navy!!!! :undecided: i do agree with on the subs the navy is so much lacked that it needs all it can get surface ships,subs naval aircraft heli's, recon aircraft more then 1 fighter sq etc more marines so u see alot of work to do thats all !! :smokin:

The JMSDF has an official strength of 46,000 personnel (currently around 45,800 personnel), operating 119 major warships, including twenty submarines, fifty-three destroyers and frigates, twenty-nine mine warfare ships, nine patrol craft and nine amphibious ships (total displacement of approx. 432,000 tons). It also has 179 fixed-wing aircraft and 135 helicopters. Most of these aircraft are used in antisubmarine and mine warfare operations

alsoThe Kawasaki P-1 is the MSDF's next generation patrol aircraft. It is planned to replace the existing 80 P-3C Orion patrol aircraft already in service, with aircraft due to enter service in 2010. The P-1's maiden flight took place in Gifu airbase (Japan) on September 28, 2007

Ok Inida will become a blue water navy soon then wat ?? My friend i care less for the japs my concern and point here is that PN needs to get eqp soon since it lacks so many things that is all and i wish them all the best atleast they gota start now!!

thats what i said before

"pakistan have a small navy as compare to our enemy and our enemy considered this as our greatest weekness. we should go for quality equipment for our navy not for quantity."

I agree Zeeshuisb!! well said

Ok Inida will become a blue water navy soon then wat ?? My friend i care less for the japs my concern and point here is that PN needs to get eqp soon since it lacks so many things that is all and i wish them all the best atleast they gota start now!!

With economic growth comes a larger budget thus giving Pakistan more room to shop around for good stuff.
In the near future once our economy keeps growing steadily, i'm sure the PN will receive the qualitative boost that it seriously needs to defend our coastline.
We already are on track with the procurement of the F-22P frigates and the U-Type submarines.
However, we can't go around and buy anything we want, money is the problem, and patience and planning is something the Pakistani army thinktanks are very well capable of.
Getting the most out of your money, that's important especially for us.

zeeshuisb

The PN is considering the MEKO-series of frigates from Germany, I estimate 4~6 ships. Personally I hope to see the PN choose the MEKO D-500 and equip it with the MBDA PAAMS (Aster-15 & -30)...as well as Turkish developed AShM and ASW torpedoes. However beyond the MEKO, the PN may procure another 4 F-22P...though after 2025 I think they will be replaced by something like the Turkish TF-100 medium-frigate.

Chinese Type 052C Destroyer should also be looked at.
It is built by Jiangnan Shipyard of Shanghai.
Type 052C Luyang-II class was largely based on the Chinese indigenous technologies employing the Chinese version/copy of U.S. and Russian technologies.
Type 052C has very good anti-ship and anti-air capabilities.
Currently it employs Chinese YJ-62 (Export Name C-602) missiles for anti-ship role, and for anti-air role it has HQ-9 SAM.
As some reports suggest that Pakistan is developing the Naval Varient of Babur Cruise Missile, if we could fit/interface Babur with our future generation of Destroyers/Frigates (I mean whichever Surface Combantant PN decides to buy) it would be a real leap for PN.

Last edited:
Chinese Type 052C Destroyer should also be looked at.
It is built by Jiangnan Shipyard of Shanghai.
Type 052C Luyang-II class was largely based on the Chinese indigenous technologies employing the Chinese version/copy of U.S. and Russian technologies.
Type 052C has very good anti-ship and anti-air capabilities.
Currently it employs Chinese YJ-62 (Export Name C-602) missiles for anti-ship role, and for anti-air role it has HQ-9 SAM.
As some reports suggest that Pakistan is developing the Naval Varient of Babur Cruise Missile, if we could fit/interface Babur with our future generation of Destroyers/Frigates (I mean whichever Surface Combantant PN decides to buy) it would be a real leap for PN

I agree

Although China is advancing rapidly in technolgy, i dnt beleive it is on the same par as the West as of yet. China does offer more cost effective option for:pakistan::pakistan: the PN, I agree that the PN has not recieved the attention from the public or governments it needs to prepare for an uncertain future. The PN has made clear that it is looking for second hand ships due to finacial reasons and the urgency to which it needs to strengthen the fleet. Brazil, Chile and many other countries operate on second hand warship retrofitted with new combat system so their lies perhaps an option for PN. The RN is due to decom the Type 42 frame 2 Destroyers as the type 45 is here. The US has cleared Pakistan to purchase excess defence articles, OHP frigates and possibly Spruance DDG. Here lies another possible option although the will most likely be many political strings attached to any deal. The chine frigate deal is underway however i doubt if more of these class will ever be purchased as they are not stealthy or even a new design when compared to the 054 frigates now in the Chinese Navy. Some have claimed that the PN is looking to get Meko possibly D class ship from germany in the long term, if true these would give the PN the qualitive edge it has tradintionally held over the IN but as of yet there hase been no official word on this matter so at this moment in time it is? Zadari negotiated the u214 deal before he became president, lets hope the kick backs and criminal nature do not screw up deal.
The Turkish F100 frigate design has not yet been finalised or unvaled and the Milgim is in trials so althouigh i think Turkey offers the PN a great partner for smaller ship like corvettes and frigates. The PN has yet to have a real destroyer, the PN uses Type 21 amazon frigates as destroyers? these i believe was a short gap which has not yet been fixed after the US leased destroyers and frigates where taken back by the US in the early 1990s. So a replacment has yet to be found.
These are just my thoughts guys.:pakistan::usflag::china::taz:

we need anti-ship cruise missile with max range of 350km or 380km so we can minimize the threat...:cheesy:

Brothers, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry have released a pdf. file related with 2008 activity report today...

and According to SSM file, SSM and Pakistan have officially signed a MOU abour developing a corvette called Milgem... :)

Have a nice navigates with your "Milgems" or "Pakships"... :)

a2daba043b06dc856c6d8d2f4effa533.jpg

Last line about IDEAS 2008...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom