What's new

Pakistan navy sail ship “RAH NAWARD” arrives in France

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan navy sail ship “RAH NAWARD” arrives in France

ISLAMABAD, Oct 4 (APP): Newly acquired Pakistan Navy sailing vessel “RAH NAWARD” arrived in Brest, France on Sunday on a four day long goodwill stop over. Deputy Head of Mission Rafiuzzaman Siddiqui, Press Counsellor Tahir Khushnood, Army & Naval Attache Capt. (PN) Sohail Hameed and representatives of French Navy welcomed the ship at French Naval Base in Brest.

The ship is on its way to Pakistan from UK and it is scheduled to reach Karachi by December 6, 2010.

The Ship was commissioned in Pakistan Navy as 1st ever training vessel on 20 Sept 10, in Hull UK.

The ship has previously been property of the British charity known as Tall Ship Youth Trust.

It is 59.5 meters long Brig Type vessel, crowned with ten square-rigged sails and is also equipped with full outfit of modern machinery and systems for main propulsion and navigation.

Acquisition of PNS RAH NAWARD will further augment efforts to instill officers and men with highest level of leadership and team work. Pakistan Navy like many other navies around the world will also include time on this tall ship as a vital component of sea training program of its cadets, midshipmen and young sailors.

The ship on its ongoing cruise is being led by Commander Jamal Alam. While on its way from UK to Brest it met with gales, torrential rains and rough weather giving a real test to the leadership qualities of its young commanding officer and skills of 38 crew members.
It reached Brest early morning of October 3 after seven days journey from Hull, UK and is scheduled to arrive Karachi by December 6, 2010 while making stop overs at Gibraltar, Valletta (Malta), Port Said (Egypt), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) and Aden (Yemen).

Any pic's ?

63827_1520146896564_1621313716_1230756_1824911_n.jpg

59740_1520194377751_1621313716_1230918_2748034_n.jpg

what kind of ship is that? looks like any old ship.

btw i saw an american aircraft carrier with F-16's on them yesterday. so awesome.

there was a submarine too.

what kind of ship is that? looks like any old ship.

btw i saw an american aircraft carrier with F-16's on them yesterday. so awesome.

They are sail ships. They are kinda like museum ships and many navies operate these types. Turkey operates some too (replica builds of famous ships)

Like this one. Minelayer Nusret tribute. From WW1.

14jz1af.jpg

F-16's cannot take off from Carriers unless you saw them on famous museum which is located on a carrier.

F-16's cannot take off from Carriers unless you saw them on famous museum which is located on a carrier.

Yeah it was something like that. I'm not sure if they were f-16's cuz we just drove by it. f-16 was just a guess thoughbecause it really looked like it.

Yeah it was something like that. I'm not sure if they were f-16's cuz we just drove by it. f-16 was just a guess thoughbecause it really looked like it.

Where was this at ?

Is this ship for the Navy when they need to go for grocery shopping? Useless piece of junk.

newyorkcity078.jpg

this exact road and this exact carrier

oops, now that i see it again its an f-15? i suck at identifying planes lol

right by Manhattan.

That is probably the USS Interpid it is retired. Also if your talking about the white/red color scheme one it is a F-14 Tomcat. SR-71 blackbird is also on there and i see a A-6 and a F-4 too. The one close to the bridge looks like a F-16 though.

Is this ship for the Navy when they need to go for grocery shopping? Useless piece of junk.

it is a training ship genius...
what do you expect, training on an aegis cruiser??

Seriously, whats wrong with people in this forum, Praising JF-17 like it can dance circles around F-22 and F-35 , thinking pakistan should replace F-16's with F-35's by 2020,

next thing you know, some genius will start a thread saying we should buy USS Enterprise once America decommissions it in 2013!!!

My God!!!:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom