What's new

Pakistan Navy Questions Thread

7 billion dollars over all budget out of which some 900ish million PN, 3.8ish billion Pak Army and around 300 million for Pays etc for tri arm and close to 2 billion for PAF.

this budget covers salaries, pensions, operations and maintenance of equipment leaving very little for new capital investments. lets not assume otherwise.

bilde.jpg

— The new CM-708UNA submarine-launched cruise missile made its debut at Airshow China

— The 128-kilometer range missile is the product of the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC),

— The CM-708UNA is launched by torpedo tube and is applicable for various submarines for targeting medium-to-large ships and inshore targets.

— There are questions over whether the CM-708UNA is actually a new submarine-launched cruise missile or simply a redesignation of the current YJ family of cruise missiles now deployed on submarines with the Chinese and Pakistan navies.

China Shows Off New Sub-Launched Missile at Zhuhai | Defense News | defensenews.com
=============================================

Though I highly doubt that we are using any such system of Chinese origin in our subs, but want to confirm about the same before to reach any definitive conclusion.

@fatman17 , @Horus , @Rashid Mahmood .... your opinion plz ....

View attachment 156242

— The new CM-708UNA submarine-launched cruise missile made its debut at Airshow China

— The 128-kilometer range missile is the product of the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC),

— The CM-708UNA is launched by torpedo tube and is applicable for various submarines for targeting medium-to-large ships and inshore targets.

— There are questions over whether the CM-708UNA is actually a new submarine-launched cruise missile or simply a redesignation of the current YJ family of cruise missiles now deployed on submarines with the Chinese and Pakistan navies.

China Shows Off New Sub-Launched Missile at Zhuhai | Defense News | defensenews.com

Though I highly doubt that we are using any such system of Chinese origin in our subs, but want to confirm about the same before to reach any definitive conclusion.

I don't think so that we are using any such system.

View attachment 156242

this could be offered with the S-20 but PN will opt for western systems.

What became of our Agosta submarine manufacturing capability? Seems to me that we built 3 and then kind of stopped talking about it and forgot everything. ARe they considered defective or obsolete? Why isnt PN making more of them?

What became of our Agosta submarine manufacturing capability? Seems to me that we built 3 and then kind of stopped talking about it and forgot everything. ARe they considered defective or obsolete? Why isnt PN making more of them?
because PN is looking for more advance, stealth chinese AIP subs .. they will also accommodate the SLCM

because PN is looking for more advance, stealth chinese AIP subs .. they will also accommodate the SLCM

Agosta can also have an AIP, in fact all 3 will be upgraded to have it. If they werent going to make any submarines in pakistan what was all the fuss about? They should have just let france build them all, it was a waste of resources to set up manufacturing capacity in Pak and then not use it.

Agosta can also have an AIP, in fact all 3 will be upgraded to have it. If they werent going to make any submarines in pakistan what was all the fuss about? They should have just let france build them all, it was a waste of resources to set up manufacturing capacity in Pak and then not use it.
the main thing is designing of the new sub ...which Pakistan is not yet capable of

Chinese sub are next generation and have more stealthy features which Agosta don't poses

We just assembled them from kits imported from France. To make more, we will need to import the kits again.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant what exactly is their mode of transport for their senior officers on the ground or do they use regular cars. I've been looking for pictures of Pakistani navy jeeps and trucks online but i can't find any so i'm assuming they use regular but fancy vehicles.
Lol officers use their own vehicles. Admirals to commanders here in Naval anchrage they all use their own vehicles even won duty. No protocols too, and nothing fancy about thier vehicles too.

People.
Please understand the logic behind the process. The capabilities acquired for any platform has its own advantages. Back in the day when the french and Pakistan enjoyed a more closer relationship a lot of CAD designing software and computers were acquired for use. These have been used extensively mainly in the designing of JFT amongst other things.
As to the designing of subs I dont think we even produce the steel required for sub manufacturing. However we did gain experience in welding of subs which is an art in its own self if Mr HKhan of Pakdef.info is to be believed. Everything came in parts and we just assembled them. If we want more we have to ask the french to manufacture more except that they have moved on to Scorpenes so Augustas are not being built. Due to the recent lovey dovey the french have gotten upto with our neighbours I don't think they would feel comfortable giving us anything substantial in any case. Also french products are quite expensive and our coffers are empty so it is not something which PN would look forward to as well
My 2 paisas worth
Araz

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom