What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

well what ever it is indian or not but it is scorpene for sure

Ummm shouldn't this thread be in the Navy section???

how many in tottal we have P 3C orions now and what type of torpedos they carry

Check out some latest pics:

ngyqtc.jpg

Lousy uniforms (Second Snap)-- ill designed (Looks like a glorified "Naibh Qasid of the old" uniform) and ill fitting. They could have just worn the shirt tucked-in uniform which is very smart and business like.:cry:

Lousy uniforms (Second Snap)-- ill designed (Looks like a glorified "Naibh Qasid of the old" uniform) and ill fitting. They could have just worn the shirt tucked-in uniform which is very smart and business like.:cry:

frankly they look like band-masters!:tdown:

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 05-May-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan receives two P-3C Orions

Gareth Jennings Jane's Aviation Desk Editor - London

The Pakistan Navy (PN) took delivery of two 'new' Lockheed Martin P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft during a ceremony at Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville, Florida, on 30 April, the US Navy (USN) announced.

The ex-USN aircraft, which have been handed over as part of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programme, are the first of eight that will be delivered to the PN by 2012.

These eight aircraft (one of which has been procured for spares) are part of a USD970 million contract that includes crew training and support.

All eight aircraft were procured from the Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG) and are being upgraded with modern mission systems and avionics designed to provide Pakistan with the ability to conduct airborne maritime patrol in littoral and deep-water environments.

The PN already has two P-3C aircraft in service operated by 28 Squadron out of Pakistan Naval Station (PNS) Mehran. In addition, 29 and 93 Squadrons operate Breguet Br 1150 Atlantic and BNG BN2T Maritime Defender aircraft respectively in the maritime patrol role.

Pakistan currently commands the multinational coalition of Combined Task Force 150 conducting maritime security operations in the Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Red Sea and Indian Ocean.

Hi
i wonder what would have happened if Pakistan had been a part of Kawasaki p1 project with Japan,

It provides a world-class maritime surveillance capability to the Pakistan Navy, and will be an important contributor to allied operations.
but not Hawkeye

It provides a world-class maritime surveillance capability to the Pakistan Navy, and will be an important contributor to allied operations.
but not Hawkeye

hawkeye would cost addition US900m on top of this US970m - no funds!!!

how many in tottal we have P 3C orions now and what type of torpedos they carry

Up date on my earlier post on the above request:

1 upgraded P3C delivered on 19/01/2006
1 upgraded P3C delivered in 0/03/2007
1 upgraded P3C delivered in 0/10/2009
1 upgraded P3C delivered on 7/1/2010
2 upgraded P3C delivered on 30/04/2010

A total of 6 upgraded A/c have been delivered out of a possible 8+5 EDA transfers spanning 2006 to 2008. One was bought for spares. We should expect further deliveries of another six aircraft.

However, we keep on hearing award of contracts for refurbishment and upgrade of systems and support of only 7 P3C's -- These contracts were awarded in early part of 2006 when the first batch of 8 EDA P3's were handed over to PN. This information is in-line with the cannibalization of one of the 8 EDA transfers.

Please also note that PN had also bought 30 Air-Launched Harpoons to equip these aircrafts

Source: Defense Industry Daily

Thought this will be useful info.

However, the info is not complete since the fate of the other 5 EDA transfers is not known and any inventory that PN had prior to 2006 is yet to be fully sorted out. Maybe some of the members can shed some light on it.:tup:

Up date on my earlier post on the above request:

1 upgraded P3C delivered on 19/01/2006
1 upgraded P3C delivered in 0/03/2007
1 upgraded P3C delivered in 0/10/2009
1 upgraded P3C delivered on 7/1/2010
2 upgraded P3C delivered on 30/04/2010

A total of 6 upgraded A/c have been delivered out of a possible 8+5 EDA transfers spanning 2006 to 2008. One was bought for spares. We should expect further deliveries of another six aircraft.

However, we keep on hearing award of contracts for refurbishment and upgrade of systems and support of only 7 P3C's -- These contracts were awarded in early part of 2006 when the first batch of 8 EDA P3's were handed over to PN. This information is in-line with the cannibalization of one of the 8 EDA transfers.

Please also note that PN had also bought 30 Air-Launched Harpoons to equip these aircrafts

Source: Defense Industry Daily

Thought this will be useful info.

However, the info is not complete since the fate of the other 5 EDA transfers is not known and any inventory that PN had prior to 2006 is yet to be fully sorted out. Maybe some of the members can shed some light on it.:tup:

Thanks for the list of PN P-3s.
I believe only 4 are Update II.5 while the rest are update II?

Thanks for the list of PN P-3s.
I believe only 4 are Update II.5 while the rest are update II?

As far as I know, Portugese refitter OGMA was given an order to refit 2 P3-C to II.5 update.

To me it seems that these 2 P3-C's are from the earlier batch which were witheld due to the Pressler Ammendment (This order is dated 2004).

The rest of the 7+1 EDA transfers and subsequent upgrade orders were placed after early 2006.

I am looking for the configuration/update information on the 7 contracted P3-C.:tup:

Will get back to you once got something with reference.

Back
Top Bottom