What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

WASHINGTON: The United States has handed over two upgraded P-3C Orion reconnaissance aircraft to Pakistan on Friday to help boost maritime security capability of the key member of the multinational task force.

Pakistan received the surveillance maritime aircraft in Jacksonville, Florida, at a ceremony, attended by Vice Admiral Shahid Iqbal HI (M), chief of staff Pakistan Navy, Islamabad's ambassador to the United States Hussain Haqqani and senior US Naval officers.

Being a critical anti-terrorism partner of the international community, Pakistan is currently commanding the Combined Task Force 150, having already fulfilled the responsibility three times.

The area of responsibility of the CTF-150, which operates under the Coalition Maritime Campaign Plan, stretches from Strait of Hormuz to Red Sea, covering 2.4 million sq miles and bordering 14 nations along the Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Horn of Africa and Red Sea.

Pakistan is due to get in phases a total of 7 P-3 C Orion aircraft that are being upgraded by global security company Lockheed Martin.

Having proper security around shores would prevent cross sea port operations like Mumbai etc by rouge element hopefully we get proper ships as well 2-3 ships can't seucure 1000+ km worth of shores

Having proper security around shores would prevent cross sea port operations like Mumbai etc by rouge element hopefully we get proper ships as well 2-3 ships can't seucure 1000+ km worth of shores

Or looking at another, more realistic aspect, It would contribute towards securing our shores from Indian navy.:chilli:

Or looking at another, more realistic aspect, It would contribute towards securing our shores from Indian navy.:chilli:

Well defensive advantages are great no doubt but at present the biggest danger to economy and nation is from rouge elements conducting rouge operations :disagree:

P-3C is a great addition to our naval forces no doubt

Check out some latest pics:

ngyqtc.jpg

ok no where is there news about pakistani P3C being HAWKEYEs! so i guess these are just the upgraded P3 orion for maritime security!

As far as I know 8 P3 and 5 P3B(H) were given to us from US EDA between 2004 and 3008. All have been delivered/handed over to Pakistan. Some of them are in Pakistan while others are undergoing upgrades/refits.

I am not sure about the earlier P3 Orions (3???) already with Pakistan prior to 2001.

As far as I know 8 P3 and 5 P3B(H) were given to us from US EDA between 2004 and 3008. All have been delivered/handed over to Pakistan. Some of them are in Pakistan while others are undergoing upgrades/refits.

I am not sure about the earlier P3 Orions (3???) already with Pakistan prior to 2001.

My brief knowledge indicates that all of the P-3s Pakistan currently possess are 'P-3Cs' with some of them fitted wt h AEW. they are capable of carrying four Harpoon missiles each and known to be excellent submarine hunters.

Could someone please mention the total number of P-3s which Pakistan has and the ones which it is to receive?

My brief knowledge indicates that all of the P-3s Pakistan currently possess are 'P-3Cs' with some of them fitted wt h AEW. they are capable of carrying four Harpoon missiles each and known to be excellent submarine hunters.

Could someone please mention the total number of P-3s which Pakistan has and the ones which it is to receive?

Yes you are right. All the P3's are being upgraded to "C" configuration.

As far as the AEW aircraft is concerned, the two being delivered are not AEW aircrafts -- They do not seem to have the rotating radome/radar of the AEW version. Furthermore, the AEW a/c are tied up to a seperate request from the 3(-1)+8+5 that are already in the pipeline. PN had requested for further 3 a/c with AEW configuration. I am not sure if any of the above mentioned numbers were given for spares/canabalization:tup:

P.S. Mods please merge this thread with the PN thread on the same subject in the Naval Threads Section. Thanks

Pakistan navy previously had 4 P-3 orion ,all were upgraded to P-3c level

In 2006 Pakistan Navy signed a deal with Lockheed Martin to supply 7 P-3c Orion aircrafts

One upgraded P-3C Orion was delivered in November 2009 and 2 were delivered On 7 January 2010

Hawkeye 2000 AEW system will be equipped on P-3B version

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom