What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

View attachment 632091
Page 18, 2nd last row
Pakistam 3 Submarines delivery date 2018 to 2020 from HDW shipyard Germany unconfirmed

official SAAB document.
https://saabgroup.com/globalassets/corporate/investor-relations/cmd/cmd15_naval-business.pdf

I am still scratching my head over it?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) your thoughts? Pakistan’s interest in the German boats were during Musharraf era, any interest now will be significant and shows PN never gave up on the U-Boats.

They will be once their replacements arrive.
That will be 4 Type-54A/P

But I think there's a potential get additional 2 Type-54 from PLAN fleet and get it upgraded to similar Type-54A/P standards. I'm sure if PN negotiates on that it will join PN service with other 4 Type-54A/P in 2021.

That will be 4 Type-54A/P

But I think there's a potential get additional 2 Type-54 from PLAN fleet and get it upgraded to similar Type-54A/P standards. I'm sure if PN negotiates on that it will join PN service with other 4 Type-54A/P in 2021.

Problem is, theyd be quite expensive to refit. You'd literally need to strip most, if not, ALL of its current radars, cut into the hull to add VLS, it also uses a different engine type so that wont be very fun for maintenance crews and well, if we decided to use them as is, they're not very different to our Zulfiqar Class, which in all honesty, is a pretty poor ship, atleast, in terms of self defence. As far as i know, the HQ-7/FM-90 cannot target AShM's so the F-22P's rely on their CIWS to eliminate AShM's which in the age of the BrahMos threat, is not a great idea. The best idea would be to look into more 054A/P's and sell our F-22P's on to finance some more Jinnah Class frigates if we look at an unrealistic best case scenario.

Problem is, theyd be quite expensive to refit. You'd literally need to strip most, if not, ALL of its current radars, cut into the hull to add VLS, it also uses a different engine type so that wont be very fun for maintenance crews and well, if we decided to use them as is, they're not very different to our Zulfiqar Class, which in all honesty, is a pretty poor ship, atleast, in terms of self defence. As far as i know, the HQ-7/FM-90 cannot target AShM's so the F-22P's rely on their CIWS to eliminate AShM's which in the age of the BrahMos threat, is not a great idea. The best idea would be to look into more 054A/P's and sell our F-22P's on to finance some more Jinnah Class frigates if we look at an unrealistic best case scenario.

I guess refit for Type-54 might be something else. Let's see.

Nobody will buy our F-22Ps. F-22Ps can easily fulfill the purpose of a large corvette role.

There was a news regarding PN working on its own Midget design amd manfacturing....
Was it a pure speculation or does it hold some weight?

I guess refit for Type-54 might be something else. Let's see.

Nobody will buy our F-22Ps. F-22Ps can easily fulfill the purpose of a large corvette role.

Bangladesh did buy old 053H3's from China, the ship the F22P is based off, we could easily find a customer for said ships, i.e a lower budget navy or whatnot, however, they do make a reasonable force multiplier, perhaps we should consider equipping them with the FL-2000N or a similar system for them to actually be able to defend themselves.

There was a news regarding PN working on its own Midget design amd manfacturing....
Was it a pure speculation or does it hold some weight?

It does hold some weight, it was in the 2018 MoDP yearbook that a design had been completed.

These Type 21 should be scrapped Asap.

In one modp report 2013/14 one to type 21 was supposed to be decommissioned from navy referb/refitted and commissioned in pmsa

I am assuming it will be supported by converting other ship of the type converted to spares

Not sure if it happened or idea was dropped

which begs the question why PAF didnt opt for RAM(chinese eq fl-3000) for type 54

which begs the question why PAF didnt opt for RAM(chinese eq fl-3000) for type 54

The 054A/P shouldn't really need it. The HHQ-16 is the first line of defense against AShM's, if im not mistaken, they even have quite a high probability of kill. They are the main defense, for point defense we have the Type 730 CIWS, together, both of those systems should be sufficient to take out any incoming threats, the FL-3000 would have added cost and weight unnecessarily when most likely, it would be hard for incoming AShM's to get past the first layer of defense, i.e the HHQ-16

Live Weapon Firing from PNS ALAMGIR [USS McInerney FFG-8, Oliver Hazard Perry class] 25-4-2020
PNS ALAMGIR [LIVE WEAPON FIRING] 25-4-2020[ec].jpg

In one modp report 2013/14 one to type 21 was supposed to be decommissioned from navy referb/refitted and commissioned in pmsa

I am assuming it will be supported by converting other ship of the type converted to spares

Not sure if it happened or idea was dropped
heard the same thing but I guess it's better to be scrapped as OPVs and FACs should be given to MSA.

Bangladesh did buy old 053H3's from China, the ship the F22P is based off, we could easily find a customer for said ships, i.e a lower budget navy or whatnot, however, they do make a reasonable force multiplier, perhaps we should consider equipping them with the FL-2000N or a similar system for them to actually be able to defend themselves.

It does hold some weight, it was in the 2018 MoDP yearbook that a design had been completed.

But in the current scenario, I feel PN should either keep these F-22Ps and get some additional 8 from China with upgrades or sell it any possible country that can even be Burma which PN had good relations.

In case PN decided to sell F-22Ps then these Options should be considered from the current Chinese fleet that can be brought to PN:

• 2 Type-54 (Ma'anshan & Wenzhou) with the latest upgrades to complement PN's new Type-54A/P.
  • 1 Type 051B destroyer (Luhai class) with upgrades.
  • 2 Type 051C destroyer (Luzhou class) with upgrades.

Moreover, the procurement of Ships from Turkey & Romania should continue.

These ships aren't in active use of PLAAN and can be given off with upgrades to PN.

Back
Top Bottom