What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Two Pak Navy Commodores Promoted

ISLAMABAD - Two Commodores of the Pakistan Navy namely Mirza Foad Amin Baig and Mian Zakirullah Jan have been promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral with immediate effect.

32835786_1754496257930319_1350722340773691392_n.jpg

Vice Chairman of Chinese Central Military Commission, General Zhang Youxia was on an official visit to Pakistan. During the visit, General Zhang Youxia called on Chief of the Naval staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi at NHQ on 18 May 18. See more…....https://t.co/jcH7bpC5aJ https://t.co/NPkQfGZdYz
IMG_20180520_164039.jpeg

Vice Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Kaleem Shaukat along with officials of Pakistan Navy and KS&EW during a ceremony of handing over of 32 Ton Tug to Pakistan Navy.

33363580_1648453641916731_6603300853669429248_o.jpg

Does anyone knows the story of AVM son being shot at Naval Base E8 Islamabad?, Apparently the driver didn't show identification which prompted the guards to open fire on vehicle which resulted in injury of a 14 year old boy(AVM Son). He is out of danger though.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows the story of AVM son being shot at Naval Base E9 Islamabad?, Apparently the driver didn't show identification which prompted the guards to open fire on vehicle which resulted in injury of a 14 year old boy(AVM Son). He is out of danger though.
E9 is PAF, E8 is Navy.

E9 is PAF, E8 is Navy.
Yea my bad, i often confuse E8 with E9, alot of my navy friends are talking about this incident, so just wanting to have a insight to confirm if Airforce version is correct or the navy one.

Group photo of Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi during the Commander Karachi Training Seminar 2018 held today at PNS JAUHAR Karachi.

33463152_1650484121713683_6737322877189619712_o.jpg

If you look at PN, it has a strategy of having a diverse fleet, with a few of each weight-class. From 200 tons, 500 tons, 1900 tons, 2400 tons, 3000 tons, and about 4000 tons (Type 54A in the pipeline).

This is a very standard position, except there is a gap. The gap is between the 500-600 ton Azmat and the ships 1900 ton Damen ships.

It will be interesting to see how this gap is fulfilled. Could a 1000-1200 ton ship close this gap?

An interesting issue here is that such a tonnage of ships would be relatively cheap as it would probably not have a helicopter or a helicopter deck and have local SSMs.

Could PN be looking to build an indigenous boat in this class? Something perhaps with:

1. torpedoes and sonar
2. 8x AShMs
3. Korkut CIWS
4. Indigenous SAM (rumored?)

This would be a very cheap solution, and would fit in near the middle of the tonnage classes in the PN fleet. The downside would be no helicopter, a cost-wise upside. But then, who needs helicopters when you have so many ASW aircraft and an increasing number of drones?

If you look at PN, it has a strategy of having a diverse fleet, with a few of each weight-class. From 200 tons, 500 tons, 1900 tons, 2400 tons, 3000 tons, and about 4000 tons (Type 54A in the pipeline).

This is a very standard position, except there is a gap. The gap is between the 500-600 ton Azmat and the ships 1900 ton Damen ships.

It will be interesting to see how this gap is fulfilled. Could a 1000-1200 ton ship close this gap?

An interesting issue here is that such a tonnage of ships would be relatively cheap as it would probably not have a helicopter or a helicopter deck and have local SSMs.

Could PN be looking to build an indigenous boat in this class? Something perhaps with:

1. torpedoes and sonar
2. 8x AShMs
3. Korkut CIWS
4. Indigenous SAM (rumored?)

This would be a very cheap solution, and would fit in near the middle of the tonnage classes in the PN fleet. The downside would be no helicopter, a cost-wise upside. But then, who needs helicopters when you have so many ASW aircraft and an increasing number of drones?

the gap was supposed to be filled in by Swift corvette, it seems that it will not happen now.

the gap was supposed to be filled in by Swift corvette, it seems that it will not happen now.

Interesting, you may be right. But the Swift corvettes are 1500 - 2000 tons, about the same as the Damen boats, which to me suggests that the space between 600 - 1800 tons still needs something. Means between the Azmat and the Damen boats - the tonnage difference is so big that three Azmats would equate a Damen boat!

Interesting, you may be right. But the Swift corvettes are 1500 - 2000 tons, about the same as the Damen boats, which to me suggests that the space between 600 - 1800 tons still needs something. Means between the Azmat and the Damen boats - the tonnage difference is so big that three Azmats would equate a Damen boat!
Not really swift is of 1000 ton category with aluminum super structure

Not really swift is of 1000 ton category with aluminum super structure

Ahh I see, but the steel boat is heavier... has similar capabilities to the Damen boats.

https://quwa.org/2017/10/31/pakistan-orders-two-corvettes-us-based-swiftships/

Here is a comment I found on the same link:
Asif Khan_477 months ago

I must admit I am not much of a guy for naval warfare but as I wrote earlier that I do discuss with H Khan quite often. Since you put forward your analysis I did a cut and paste of your response and sent it out to Khan sahib. We talked for some time about this and informed me that he has co-authored a piece with some really good authority on PN and it would be soon published. He did not mention where it would be published.

Well, this is more or less what he said since we were talking over Skype he did write few lines which I will paste. One thing he did mention to me that he did remember your argument about " the Ada was also extended (via the LF-2400 program) by 10 m to incorporate a 16-cell VLS for SAM" he claims this is a long shot and believes that PN is not thinking this way.

Regarding comparing Ada with 75m. He claims that technologically there is no comparison between them. He says that 75m is far superior. These vessels fulfill ABS High-Speed Naval Craft Rules and have LM innovative Combat Management System. A contract with PN was signed in 2016 (never gave me the exact date or the cost), for two 75m Corvettes for Pakistan navy to be delivered by the end of 2018. From they [Swiftships] will produce two more for PN by 2020. These Corvettes are combat vessels with ASW and suited for anti-aircraft and anti-vessel operations. PN will use these vessels for CTF 150/151 missions and protect EEZ. These vessels weigh between 1,500-2,000 tons, they are very fast. these vessels are being built under a joint contract with LM. They are designated as multi-mission Corvette with integrated all fire-control technology. Amongst the missions are maritime securities, SAR, surveillance. These vessels will provide PN with cutting-edge capabilities that would take the technology level of PN to another level. Regarding lack of ASW, he said that since it has pretty big helideck an ASW assigned Z-9 would be conducive since F-22P also utilize Z-9 for ASW. Plus harpoons would be primary anti-vessel weapons. 75m range and endurance are slightly greater than Ada plus 75m come with sea refueling feature which most of the vessels that specs don't possess.

PS: He did mention that in coming weeks Pakdef forum will be up interfaced with FB and Twitter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom