What's new

Pakistan Navy looking for surveillance radar for Hawker 850 XP..

Credit goes to Boota sahib at Pakdef.info

"There has been some discussions about the purpose of the Navy's recently purchased Hawker Beechcraft i.e. VIP transport, surveillence or SIGINT. PN has issued a tender for supply, installation and integration of a 200 NM range surveillence radar for the plane which should remove any doubt about the purpose of the plane. Tech specifications are:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

The equipment should conform to following technical / operational specifications:

Frequency Range: I band

Operating modes:

(1) MTI
(2) Air to air detection
(3) Surveillance long range (at least 200 NM)
(4) Short range for detection of small boats / submarine periscope (20-35 NM)
(5) Beacon mode

Additional Features:

(1) Preferably should have 360 degrees coverage.

(2) It should have capability of tracking multiple targets (30 or more).

(3) It should have plotting tools / drawing of symbols, plotting of areas as per mission requirement.

(4) The radar should be fully functional at acceptance alongwith requisite hardware/software necessary for its operation including charts overlays etc.

(5) It should have capability of mission data recording and playback.

(6) It should have high speed auto scanning. It should be able to display radar picture/ contacts, once the radar is put to stand by with moving map.

(7) The radar should have pulse to pulse frequency agility.

(8) The radar should have automatic gain control to reduce the effects of noise and sea clutter on radar receiver.

(9) The radar should have pulse compression feature for long range detection and high range resolution.

(10) The radar should have option of sector transmission in particular sector.

(11) The radar should provide high data rate for small targets.

(12) It should have power supply- 28 V DC, 115 V AC 400 HZ:

(13) Power output shall be less.

(14) The equipment shall not interface with other onboard equipment.

GENERAL

Radar system should be able to provide 360 degrees coverage to detect sea surface targets. It should be capable to detect surface ships, small boats and Submarine snorkel/ periscope under smooth or confused rough sea conditions. It should be light weight and compact in design, requiring minimum alteration of cabin layout on Hawker Beechcraft 850XP.

GENERAL/OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS

An airborne maritime radar system should be able to provide 360 degrees detection coverage and tracking capability in all sectors. It should be modern radar with LPI feature. It should have the capability to provide long range maritime surveillance (at least 200 NM) and detection of small contacts, i.e, fishing boats, survivors in water and Submarine snorkel / Periscope from at least 40-50 NM.
The radar should have SAR/ ISAR features and localization of targets in Track while scan mode. It should be able to provide air picture of air targets and have an overlay of AIS and ADS-B data to provide comprehensive picture at 2 x stations, i.e, in rear compartment and cockpit."

link to issued tender...

</title> </head> <body> </body> <html> <head> <title>View All Tenders
Which PDF? boota was regular member of other forum he was Boota Masieh then ended up Boota only a nice name.if you know boota sb ask him to join this forum he is very informative guy

Last edited:
Which model (year) of Hawker 850XP PN is using?

I have also heard that PN is also looking for some 6 jet-powered aircraft for a possible MPA role.
The good thing about Hawker 850XP is it's the flight time of 6 hours or so.
So, this can fit right on the requirements with lower operational cost.

Which model (year) of Hawker 850XP PN is using?

I have also heard that PN is also looking for some 6 jet-powered aircraft for a possible MPA role.
The good thing about Hawker 850XP is it's the flight time of 6 hours or so.
So, this can fit right on the requirements with lower operational cost.
The PN is looking for 1 twin-engine jet for its LRMPA program. But it must have a MTOW of 120,000 lbs to 140,000 lbs, so the Hawker 850XP is too small.

The PN is looking for 1 twin-engine jet for its LRMPA program. But it must have a MTOW of 120,000 lbs to 140,000 lbs, so the Hawker 850XP is too small.
I thought they might be looking for Hawker size aircraft which is also not a bad MPA which can be launched quickly.

May sound unrealistic but in my opinion, PN should opt for this with some foreign countries monetary support:

• 6 ATR-72s MPA
  • 6 ATR-42s MPA
  • 6 Hawker 850XP MPA

As this will allow the command to work on all 3 directions i.e:

• Arabian Sea
  • Persian Gulf
  • Indian Ocean

Back
Top Bottom