What's new

Pakistan Navy Issues NOTAM - Test fires Ghaznavi Missile

I think everone is jumping for joy and getting excited over nothing. The time it takes to develop a sophisticated missile system from scratch is quite long. Take the example of Babur which was developed from (supposedly) tomahawks fired at Afghanistan in 1998 and was subsequently originally tested in 2005 (500km version), 8 YEARS After Pakistan came into possession of the tomahawks. It took 2 years to test and develop into Babur 1b(700km) and subsequently another 9 year to develop Babur 2 (700km and can hit targets at sea as well. Then in 2017 Babur 3 (450km sub launched) and finally Harba (AShM/LACM version of Babur 2) in 2018 (20years after acquiring the tomahawks, 13 years after first launching babur 1). To expect hypersonic CM is asking a lot (although we could all be pleasantly surprised). This will likely be a further test of a system already in place that needs further tweaking or testing (Likley Harba, Zarb, Babur 3 or Airlaunched AShM from choppers), although i could be wrong.

Babur is ground launched system as for your information and babur is a self guided missiles BVR is needed to mid flight update from launching aircraft

This is harba not babur ( a naval version of babur)

Semantics. Harba is Babur 2 essentially, with ability to be used against both land and ships. Many missiles can do this includo g Tomahawk and even Harpoon.

Btw Babur 3 is a sublaunched variant which is still a navalized Babur (so no value in posting gotcha posts on semantics).

Last edited:
I think everone is jumping for joy and getting excited over nothing. The time it takes to develop a sophisticated missile system from scratch is quite long. Take the example of Babur which was developed from (supposedly) tomahawks fired at Afghanistan in 1998 and was subsequently originally tested in 2005 (500km version), 8 YEARS After Pakistan came into possession of the tomahawks. It took 2 years to test and develop into Babur 1b(700km) and subsequently another 9 year to develop Babur 2 (700km and can hit targets at sea as well. Then in 2017 Babur 3 (450km sub launched) and finally Harba (AShM/LACM version of Babur 2) in 2018 (20years after acquiring the tomahawks, 13 years after first launching babur 1). To expect hypersonic CM is asking a lot (although we could all be pleasantly surprised). This will likely be a further test of a system already in place that needs further tweaking or testing (Likley Harba, Zarb, Babur 3 or Airlaunched AShM from choppers), although i could be wrong.

Semantics. Harba is Babur 2 essentially, with ability to be used against both land and ships. Many missiles can do this includo g Tomahawk and even Harpoon.

Btw Babur 3 is a sublaunched variant which is still a navalized Babur (so no value in posting gotcha posts on semantics).

pakistan has been working on an anti ship supersonic cruise missile per its official publications @Quwa

pakistan has been working on an anti ship supersonic cruise missile per its official publications @Quwa
Im not denying that. Im just saying when you hear hoof beats, 9/10 its horses. Doesn't mean this couldn't be a 1/10 zebra (supersonic missile test), but let's play the odds (likely something we already kmow about) and still hope for the zebra. People here get so worked up about this sort of thing, convince themselves that something they created in the fanboy wishlist is happening and overly emotional and pissed when it doesn't come true (see no new engine or structural change for JF-17 Blk 3...people here were gonna kill themselves with disappointment). I am advising everyone to chill out and understand that it is likely nothing new, amd instead of being disappointed if when its not a new weapon, you will be happy your country is refining its arsenal and super excited if it turns out your wishlist came true.

Im not denying that. Im just saying when you hear hoof beats, 9/10 its horses. Doesn't mean this couldn't be a 1/10 zebra (supersonic missile test), but let's play the odds (likely something we already kmow about) and still hope for the zebra. People here get so worked up about this sort of thing, convince themselves that something they created in the fanboy wishlist is happening and overly emotional and pissed when it doesn't come true (see no new engine or structural change for JF-17 Blk 3...people here were gonna kill themselves with disappointment). I am advising everyone to chill out and understand that it is likely nothing new, amd instead of being disappointed if when its not a new weapon, you will be happy your country is refining its arsenal and super excited if it turns out your wishlist came true.
But,Why disclosing BLK 3 so late.

Looks like this was the reason for NOTAM. Man we tested this Missile last year in August too. I was expecting Supersonic( if not Hypersonic) Cruise Missile test
:(:frown:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom