What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in type 056

Cost is probably the biggest factor bcz chinese ships with Chinese subsystems can beat any product out there. Also that means Pakistan probably is not happy with Daemon designed ships. In my opinion Pakistan should pursue jinnah class and abandon small corvettes. Instead induct more Azmat class FAC to fill in the gaps.

@Zarvan Khushi say Allah ko Pyara na ho jaye kaheen

PN has taken interest in the type 056, especially the ASW version, at this stage it is a study analysis of the platform capabilities and other aspects.

If this interest is changed into a firm order, upto 8 vessels could be purchased. Again this is subject to finance and some other considerations.

I can get (1), but (2) would be weird as that'd still mean spending X per year anyways.

I think it'd be better to get NRDI to use what's learning from the MILGEM to design a smaller corvette. NRDI could even get the Dutch, Turks, Poles, etc to help. With the right team, we can get a 1,500-ton ship with AShW, ASW as well as AAW via an 8-cell VLS. Build some commonality with the MILGEM-J.
Cheap really mean cheap.
If chinese offer same price as what they are giving it PLAAN with 20 years grace period that is essentially free

Two very different platforms with two very different roles. Daemon just arrived here, Sailors are still searching for the washrooms and you have given your verdict that PN ios not happy with them

Cost is probably the biggest factor bcz chinese ships with Chinese subsystems can beat any product out there. Also that means Pakistan probably is not happy with Daemon designed ships. In my opinion Pakistan should pursue jinnah class and abandon small corvettes. Instead induct more Azmat class FAC to fill in the gaps.

tbh if we want more FACs, we should pursue ships even smaller than Azmat FAC(M). Yes, they won't have as much payload, but we can compensate with more ships, and maybe localize more inputs. There's no reason why we can't pick up the expertise to make composites, GRP, etc locally. If we do that, we can make 200-300-ton FAC(M)s at low cost, and in big numbers. Think MRTP-33-type vessels.

Cheap really mean cheap.
If chinese offer same price as what they are giving it PLAAN with 20 years grace period that is essentially free
tbh if a credit line is available, I'd flip 8 056s for 2 052Ds ;)

微信图片_20200414213139.jpg
微信图片_20200427165313.jpg
87e90f81ly1ggcspsi7x8j21900u0b2f.jpg
微信图片_20200727184217.jpg

IMO ... if accurate ... the PN should probably either stick with using the Damen OPV 1900 (with ASW modules) or commission NRDI to design a multi-mission corvette in-house. If the latter, leverage Damen's philosophy of using commercial standards for build quality, but load with AShW, ASW and AAW (via a VLS module).

I don't see this being accurate. Logically, it would make sense for PN to purchase off the shelf Ada class and spec it like TCG Kinaliada for ASW primarily then if they really wanted, perhaps lengthen the hull to give it some form of defensive cap via VLS because having just the Corvette with Gokdeniz puts it at a pretty significant danger from attack unless we do go for RIM-116 which is available to us IIRC. Anyway, ADA would be the logical choice, not 056, its pretty dated. The OPV-1900 isnt a bad shout either but perhaps we may run into issues with ToT whereas we are effectively free to do whatever with Ada/J class

I don't see this being accurate. Logically, it would make sense for PN to purchase off the shelf Ada class and spec it like TCG Kinaliada for ASW primarily then if they really wanted, perhaps lengthen the hull to give it some form of defensive cap via VLS because having just the Corvette with Gokdeniz puts it at a pretty significant danger from attack unless we do go for RIM-116 which is available to us IIRC. Anyway, ADA would be the logical choice, not 056, its pretty dated.
They can also look at a simpler/less expensive version of the Ada. Basically, build it to commercial specs (much like Damen did with the OPV 1900). It won't be as well protected or 'stealthy,' but good enough for the role IMHO.

They can also look at a simpler/less expensive version of the Ada. Basically, build it to commercial specs (much like Damen did with the OPV 1900). It won't be as well protected or 'stealthy,' but good enough for the role IMHO.

Yea, however, in the end, i think a dedicated platform is a bad idea. Having a multirole platform really would be the best idea, an ASW corvette/frigate with a decent self defense compliment would be the best possible option for the PN in terms of ASW. The 056 is a terrible idea.

tbh if we want more FACs, we should pursue ships even smaller than Azmat FAC(M). Yes, they won't have as much payload, but we can compensate with more ships, and maybe localize more inputs. There's no reason why we can't pick up the expertise to make composites, GRP, etc locally. If we do that, we can make 200-300-ton FAC(M)s at low cost, and in big numbers. Think MRTP-33-type vessels.

tbh if a credit line is available, I'd flip 8 056s for 2 052Ds ;)
Type 56 production is ending and was mass produced ..type 52 just started

The real competitor or the other option in my opinion is SIGMA Corvette by Damen class. And main and most important advantage which Type 56 has over SIGMA is price.

Yea, however, in the end, i think a dedicated platform is a bad idea. Having a multirole platform really would be the best idea, an ASW corvette/frigate with a decent self defense compliment would be the best possible option for the PN in terms of ASW. The 056 is a terrible idea.
Yep. I don't see why we'd want to take a step back with the 056 when we should use the know-how we're getting via the MILGEM-J to design our own corvette. I agree, we should aim for a multi-mission corvette: 2x4 (or 2x3) AShW, 2x3 ASW, and 1x8-cell VLS. Perhaps our own 1,500+ ton vessel.

Back
Top Bottom