What's new

Pakistan Navy forces out an armed Indian Submarine from Pakistani waters.

Thanks for letting us know that NS was piloting the plane or captaining the ship that found the sub. Or did the PN contact him to ask what should we do now? Or maybe PN was following the SOP's like a professional and responsible institution. That sub was "close" to Pakistani maritime territory in "international" waters, why would we attack it?

My criticism of Nawaz is because of his friendly stance towards his friend Modi. While India and Modi spares no moment in bashing Pakistan, all NS is doing is busy defending his corruption. Yes PN would had not contact him but rather follow the policy. Where is the policy of the government? It is Non existent. Imagine a Pakistani sub in a similar situation, do you believe that India response would had been similar?
Try calling spade a spade instead of blindly defending a corrupt unethical moron.

Cardinal,

I wanted to say that---but I held back---. Americans call it showing the right and hitting with the left---.

These encounters are not that simple---this sub could have created a diversion for another sub by sacrificing its position---which could have possibly been much deeper into pakistani water---and if caught could have been sunk..

When you have so many diesel subs---the diesels don't hunt by themselves---normally they move in pairs---keeping distance---and creating diversions.

Myu pakistani colleagues should just hold back on the GLORY lap a bit.

What you are saying makes it more evident---otherwise india would have been screaming murder to world media for having its sub treated in that manner---.

Hi,

Asd another member stated that it was possibly a diversion tactic---and I believe in it more so---. Why would a sub run out of battery power 40 nautical miles from pakistani coastline when knowing that someone might be waiting to revenge the Atlantique---or a simple capture---.

Again I say---there was another sub ver very close to pakistani coastline---and this sub gave it a life line---.

I mean to say---there is no reason for the batteries to run out 40 miles from pakistan coast---. What was it doing that the batteries ran out.

And yes---it should h ave been captured----.

Sir, you and some members might find the following info I recently got, interesting:

1) There was only one sub.

2) Pakistan's EEZ, including the new extended EEZ, is quite small in underwater sonar terms. Had there been another sub, it would have been picked up as well.

3) When an enemy sub is detected, whose intentions might be nefarious, certain assets are deployed to chase it, or neutralize it in case of war. Whereas other assets monitor well beyond the EEZ, to insure that no other subs are being covered for.

4) Well before an IN sub leaves port, PN via Naval Intelligence knows of it's departure.

5) No sub in the IN fleet exists, whose acoustic signature is not known to the PN.

Best Regards

Pakistani navy force out indian submarine from Pakistani water in same way what pakistan did during 1971,

I mean how pakistan saved. Karachi from indian navy attacks
In 1971 there were two Pakistan,It's streanth was devided in two countries, about 1500 Mile ground of enemy teritory between the the two parts of one coutry.
Pakistan live in 2017, not in 1971.Pakistan is stronge than 1971 devided Pakistan.

Hi,

That is a strange post---.

Now was your moment to rise and shine. Screw those who have a chip on their shoulders and their attitude including me---.

Didn't expect you to be a weakling---.

Now when the sh-it hits the fan---you seek refuge---very interesting.
Whatever man. Interesting you only start posting now. And immediately start with insults. That is precisely the problem here. I don't have to prove anything to you or anybody else here.

And drinks. Instead of copying and pasting blindly, I posted pics that were relevant to this thread!
We're still wating on you explanation of noisemakers.

In this case this unlucky CO, was caught while trying to enter its patrol area beforehand and then was tracked by the PN for some time with active and passive sensors. The sub was then told that we are "on top" and it had to surface to charge.

Sir if PN would had decided to actually take the sub into their custody or better sink it, what in your opinion would had been the ramifications? One is war as most members said but we all know starting a war is never a child's play and India will not start one either based on one sub? I ask this because do remember they shot our Atlantic in our airspace and nothing happened not even an international condemnation. So why do we have to follow all the rules and worry what the international community will think?

Sir if PN would had decided to actually take the sub into their custody or better sink it, what in your opinion would had been the ramifications? One is war as most members said but we all know starting a war is never a child's play and India will start one either based on one sub? I ask this because do remember they shot our Atlantic in our airspace and nothing happened not even an international condemnation. So why do we have to follow all the rules and worry what the international community will think?

PN cannot violate United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
Our ROE also do not allow this as this is an act of war, which can only be decided by the Head of State.

A submarine when exposes her position in international waters, it has surrendered,
hence cannot be boarded or sunk as per UNCLOS.

Our ROE also do not allow this as this is an act of war, which can only be decided by the Head of State.

A submarine when exposes her position in international waters, it has surrendered,
I understand sir its just that i find it ironic how bigger nations make a mockery out of the same conventions. US shot down an Iranian civilian airliner killing all on board.
As for the Head of state we all know where his priorities stand.

International laws arent really recognised by the indians... altantique aircraft... flag meeting ambushes... we are faced with an ugly nation and military.. i dont know why we even bother with useless international laws etc... Just saying.

Last edited:
International laws isnt really recognised by the indians... altantique aircraft... flag meeting ambushes... we are faced with an ugly nation and military.. i dont know why we even bother with useless international laws etc... Just saying.

I cannot comment on the Atlantic incident, as it is classified, but what came on media is not true.

Whether we like it or not, we have to abide by them,
as we don't have that kind of international support, after which we could even get away with murder.

I cannot comment on the Atlantic incident, as it is classified, but what came on media is not true.

Whether we like it or not, we have to abide by them,
as we don't have that kind of international support, after which we could even get away with murder.

We never did... but its a dog eat dog world..

Bingo..... Sir, and still no rebuttal nor any evidence to divert the focus from 209 to others but continuously conspiracies, divergent tactics and what not under the definition of Excuse. The thing is, it was well in view and was tracked as we have been by others also, because everyone does. So the signature thing etc being under Radar, seems probable and is the reason of success.

The CO was told by PN (by any means in layman term) that Hey! why don't you come out and I am sure, he was in constant feeling since many days as being tracked but was not sure (the tactics) hence did not spent a moment and waved the white flag.

I have another feeling, that Sub was actually off the opinion that would somehow make it under PN-PLAN ships those are engage in exercise, to prove the mettle of undetected super stealthy IN but things went wrong as the same was under observation/watch since the day it sailed towards point of compromised. By going to the logic of sailing in pack, does not fit because firstly, there was no attack situation neither it was a hunting mission but a single sub was trying to gather intelligence and got busted, even if there was another Sub, I am sure would have been meeting the same fate. As Oscar said, PN Base Hameed.

International laws isnt really recognised by the indians... altantique aircraft... flag meeting ambushes... we are faced with an ugly nation and military.. i dont know why we even bother with useless international laws etc... Just saying.
Again it is the shortcoming of this government for not formulating a policy on how to tackle Indian aggressive moves which is a shame. As Rashid sb pointed out the head of the state can give go a head to take the sub down, if government adopts an aggressive policy i dont think navy would had any problem taking it out or boarding it. The government on the other hand would than had to bear the diplomatic fallout and how to deal with it. Considering how pathetic our foreign policy really is, its no surprise we always chose to remain passive while others continue to taunt us in our backyard.

4) Well before an IN sub leaves port, PN via Naval Intelligence knows of it's departure.

5) No sub in the IN fleet exists, whose acoustic signature is not known to the PN.

I want to believe same capabilities exist at the other side as well .....

Back
Top Bottom