What's new

Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft launched

Somebody please post the translation of this first video aswell.I want to know what's she saying about it.:blink::D
she talk some offcial nosence 。actually,these boats have tested in successful and have served in navy:azn:

If the primary mission is to deny enemy combatants coming close to our ports and launch missile raids on merchant vessels on the approaches to our ports than we do not need a 500 ton FAC. What is required is an MRP-33 type of platform.

However, I believe the role envisaged for the 500 ton boat is a combined FAC/Patrol/fisheries Protection vessel.

My 2C worth

If the primary mission is to deny enemy combatants coming close to our ports and launch missile raids on merchant vessels on the approaches to our ports than we do not need a 500 ton FAC. What is required is an MRP-33 type of platform.

However, I believe the role envisaged for the 500 ton boat is a combined FAC/Patrol/fisheries Protection vessel.

My 2C worth

500 ton FAC has its own usefulness, but for good hit and run tactics so that enemy ships can be threatened and kept away, Type-022 FAC are a very good option, they are stealth, low visibility on radars, can sneak near to big ships, can be data linked with aerial or other long range radar based platform and fire their missiles on the enemy ships and make a run, such tactics will keep the enemy ships on the alert and hopefully away from targets as they know there is a small stealth ship with us which can move near them and fire its missiles.

I would go with atleast 10-12 or more of these 220 ton crafts as they can be good defensive ships for PN.

500 ton FAC has its own usefulness, but for good hit and run tactics so that enemy ships can be threatened and kept away, Type-022 FAC are a very good option, they are stealth, low visibility on radars, can sneak near to big ships, can be data linked with aerial or other long range radar based platform and fire their missiles on the enemy ships and make a run, such tactics will keep the enemy ships on the alert and hopefully away from targets as they know there is a small stealth ship with us which can move near them and fire its missiles.

I would go with atleast 10-12 or more of these 220 ton crafts as they can be good defensive ships for PN.

But how much of a damage are they capable of inflicting on the bigger ships when the other ships are heavy on anti missile systems.

But how much of a damage are they capable of inflicting on the bigger ships when the other ships are heavy on anti missile systems.

Well these Type 022 can carry 8 C-802/803 AShMs in its arsenal, same number which the F-22Ps can carry, thus they have the same firepower with respect to F-22Ps when it comes to anti ship missiles and same chance of hitting the target.

With good anti-missile defence system on ships, I only see a good chance of hitting the enemy ships with a mass attack strategy, meaning 3-4 missiles coming at the same time towards the target, thus giving good chance that 1 or 2 may skip the anti missile defences of the ship and hit its target, single missile would have very low chance of hitting its target as it can be easily taken down.

So the C-802/803 type of missiles should have good speed, possibly around Mach 2 or more in its final phase of attack, low terrain capability, less RCS and 3-4 or more missiles attacking a single target at the same time, then good chance of damaging or sinking the target. Here these smaller FAC boats can be useful, they can launch a heavy fire of multiple missiles, can have platforms to be loaded out at sea or can be easily loaded at shore bases and then head back and the loss of such a small FAC would not dealt a big blow to our defensive force, thus due to its usefulness, cost we can employ more of them and cover more area and harass the enemy much more compared to larger frigates, which would be easy targets and if sunk or damaged, can be a moral buster.

15-20 of these smaller FACs are a very good force and used as offensive weapons, data linked with frigates or AEW&C / fighter platforms.

And these C-802/803s can be pretty deadly missiles, if not sunk its target, can surely damage it enough to be taken out of the war.

Haha,

Sir, you can go with 100 of these :azn:

.........but PN has to keep the budget in mind, when running and maintaining 10 of these may equal a modern frigate or two, so they have to gamble with what combination would be better.

FAC at 500-ton is rather large and should logically be considered a small Corvette. IMO PN selection of 500 ton vessels is ideal for Pakistan.

Such a vessel would have sufficient range to patrol our entire economic zone and large enough to have room for an anti Submarine helo in addition to a couple anti-ship missiles launchers and cannon for defense against the ships.

Additionally, once we have gained the capability of building the basic hull ourselves; we can build more hulls and convert the same to either primary anti submarine or anti aircraft Corvettes. Given India’s large sub surface fleet, PN is desperately short of Anti Sub frigates.

khalidali

Well these Type 022 can carry 8 C-802/803 AShMs in its arsenal, same number which the F-22Ps can carry, thus they have the same firepower with respect to F-22Ps when it comes to anti ship missiles and same chance of hitting the target.

With good anti-missile defence system on ships, I only see a good chance of hitting the enemy ships with a mass attack strategy, meaning 3-4 missiles coming at the same time towards the target, thus giving good chance that 1 or 2 may skip the anti missile defences of the ship and hit its target, single missile would have very low chance of hitting its target as it can be easily taken down.

So the C-802/803 type of missiles should have good speed, possibly around Mach 2 or more in its final phase of attack, low terrain capability, less RCS and 3-4 or more missiles attacking a single target at the same time, then good chance of damaging or sinking the target. Here these smaller FAC boats can be useful, they can launch a heavy fire of multiple missiles, can have platforms to be loaded out at sea or can be easily loaded at shore bases and then head back and the loss of such a small FAC would not dealt a big blow to our defensive force, thus due to its usefulness, cost we can employ more of them and cover more area and harass the enemy much more compared to larger frigates, which would be easy targets and if sunk or damaged, can be a moral buster.

15-20 of these smaller FACs are a very good force and used as offensive weapons, data linked with frigates or AEW&C / fighter platforms.

And these C-802/803s can be pretty deadly missiles, if not sunk its target, can surely damage it enough to be taken out of the war.

Apart from 8 C801/C802/C803 it can carry 8 land attack missiles,2 long range cruise missiles,1 surface to air launcher with 12 MANPAD missiles and 1 30mm Gun.its a very good fire power considering its size and displacement

Apart from 8 C801/C802/C803 it can carry 8 land attack missiles,2 long range cruise missiles,1 surface to air launcher with 12 MANPAD missiles and 1 30mm Gun.its a very good fire power considering its size and displacement

But then some one had mentioned previously that these boats cant venture far away, so wont that make the land attack missiles useless in a way.

This is going to boast the defensive capabilities to a new level.These have to be in close proximity to their mother ships.And when alone the swarm tactics comes into play.Engaging and giving time to nearing subs to surprise the advancing fleet.
But at the same time FAC can be a sitting duck for aviation assets with out long range SAMs.Any attack will be an action packed episode.

Last edited:
Haha,

Sir, you can go with 100 of these :azn:

.........but PN has to keep the budget in mind, when running and maintaining 10 of these may equal a modern frigate or two, so they have to gamble with what combination would be better.

Well loss of one frigate would be a huge blow compared to loosing even 2 or 3 of these smaller FACs and these smaller ones can cover more area if supported by a larger vessel giving them targets.

And budget wise also they would be economical as even if you have 20 of these, not all are gonna be at sea at the same time during peace time, thus operational costs would be and could be kept low. And since they are from China, hopefully the spare parts would be less costly and sanction proof also and we can even get local production of most used spare parts, if we maintain a larger fleet.

I am not saying that we go for all of these FACs, we should have a combination, hi & low, heavy surface vessels having good SAM & anti-Submarine capability, long range surface search radars, complemented with these smaller FACs which can fire its missiles by getting the data from the larger vessels.

8-12 frigates with SAM + anti-sub coverage, 20-25 FACs, 10-15 subs can be a good defensive combination and hopefully within budget and operational budget too, as not everything is operational or out in the sea at one given time.

But then some one had mentioned previously that these boats cant venture far away, so wont that make the land attack missiles useless in a way.

it has lot to do with the range of the Land attack missile .For example the current land attack missile operational on PLAN Type-022 is Hongniao series LACM which has a range of 600-3000 km and thats enough to target your enemy territory

it has lot to do with the range of the Land attack missile .For example the current land attack missile operational on PLAN Type-022 is Hongniao series LACM which has a range of 600-3000 km and thats enough to target your enemy territory

So the PN really dont have to get close to the ports of Gujrat or Bombay to make a diff, in case of a war. (Used just as an example so no need to take it seriously and troll! Thanks)

So the PN really dont have to get close to the ports of Gujrat or Bombay to make a diff, in case of a war. (Used just as an example so no need to take it seriously and troll! Thanks)

Yes

lol i was trying to explain same thing in my above post by taking same examples but refrained myself because of a possible troll attack

I suppose these vessels are equipped with anti submarine weapon systems.

IMHO -- a 500 ton vessel is not ideal for hit and run kind of missions but more of EEC patrolling and fisheries protection with added firepower for patrolling near the Hurmuz Straits -- yes I am looking westward specially when India is making inroads into Iran.

This dove tails with your thought on lack of frigates in PN. THX

Back
Top Bottom