What's new

Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft launched

You can wait for your reliable source if you want to. However, as a person who have seen the first boat being built in Tianjin, China, I can tell you that the one being built by KSEW (i.e. the boat shown in the banner) is the second boat of this class. They are exactly what PN will receive for the deal of constructing two FAC(M). There is absolutely no contract of type 022 stealth FAC for PN when I am writing this comment. And by the way, you don't have to wait 1.5~2 years for the pictures, because the first boat will be launched in October 2011. I will post photos when the boat takes shape.

that is fine!
this seem to be a reliable information as you are atleast saying that you have seen it being question.
now the next question will be what class of ship is actually is. i know we are not going for Type 022, it simply does not fit into displacement category being reported.
we will like to know what class of ship it is.

i guess my initial guess seem to be right that it is a new design or a highly modified one that is one reason no one is certain about the ship class/name!
can you help with that?

regards!

:cry:what ever it is, but it is not houbei class, was really waiting for it!!

i think it is something better. looks a stealthier vessel by the pics available.
moreover, we required something in this displacement category. something in between pure coastal defense vessels like the missile boats we ready have and heavier frigates. it will have longer range and increased sea endurance then the Type 022. :pakistan:
indeed it will be a nice addition!

i think it is something better. looks a stealthier vessel by the pics available.
moreover, we required something in this displacement category. something in between pure coastal defense vessels like the missile boats we ready have and heavier frigates. it will have longer range and increased sea endurance then the Type 022. :pakistan:
indeed it will be a nice addition!

Does not really seem stealthier than the houbei class, but i am sure it was the best for the circumstances. And i agree, it seems to have more sea worthiness and ruggedness than Type 022

Similar to what we saw in case of 053H3, revamped and stealth added as F-22p. It is most likely a modified PN variant of Houjian class

Similar to what we saw in case of 053H3, revamped and stealth added as F-22p. It is most likely a modified PN variant of Houjian class

I think really you should read the first pages of this thead and some other related threads if you haven't already. You've find details about who designed the vessel and for whom. If you have already read it, I'm really puzzeled why you would come to the above conclusion of 'modified Houjian': what indications/basis for that argument?

I think really you should read the first pages of this thead and some other related threads if you haven't already. You've find details about who designed the vessel and for whom. If you have already read it, I'm really puzzeled why you would come to the above conclusion of 'modified Houjian': what indications/basis for that argument?

sir, he might be quite right. no one know what class is this, it looks like a new vessel with stealth feature and is poised to be in displacement category same as Houjian class. keeping all this in view, i think it is save to assume that it might be a modified Houjian class.
remember, one this seem quite confirmed by the news and happenings so far, it is a new design and a new class of ship. so Mr. Nabil_05 can be quite right!

regards!

regards!

Sir, I forgot to mention the "Naval source" of mine had this to say so these are primarily, his words, i just did the posting here. :)

so friends, anyone got a chance to have a look at it.
any confirmed news what exactly this ship is. i am almost certain about one thin that it is not some off shelve ship and PN have asked from some major modification to this that is why no exact class couldn't be announced so far!

regards!

there is another point to note that there hav been news that PN have start constructing FAC in Naval Dockyard Karachi,

KARACHI: Pakistan Navy has started constructing missile boat in the Karachi Shipyard, Geo News reported.

The missile boat would be equipped with ant-surface missile, automatic gun and weapon system.

Secretary defence production, Lt. General Shahid Iqbal, attending the keel laying ceremony for the construction of missile boat as guest of honour, expressed his thanks to the Karachi Shipyard and added that it would help build up the defence capability of Pakistan Navy.

Following the handing over of two small tanker cum utility ships and launching of 22p-f frigate, these missile boats with the cooperation of China are being built in the Karachi Shipyard.
Pak Navy making fast attack craft missile boats

are there any chances that this project is seprate from the 500 ton missile boat that was reported as being constructed in China:
Beijing: China on Tuesday formally began the construction of two state-of-the-art fast attack missile crafts for the Pakistan Navy in addition to several naval frigates it is building for its close strategic partner.

The keel-laying ceremony of Fast Attack Craft FAC(M) of Pakistan Navy was held at Xinggang Shipyard in China's Tianjin city today.

Pakistan Navy has signed a contact with China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Company Limited (CSOC) for construction of two state-of-the-art missile crafts which will be equipped with latest weapons and sensors.

The ceremony was attended by Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz Ahmed of the Pakistan Navy, official Pakistan news agency APP reported.

According to the arrangement, one craft would be built in Tianjin while the other would be constructed at PakistanÂ’s Karachi docks.

The first craft was expected to join the force in October this year. There is no word about the financial arrangements for the construction of the two vessels.

China, a major supplier of weapons systems to Pakistan, is involved in a host of defence projects with its close ally.

These included development of new fighter jet JF-17 Thunder which is being produced in both the countries with engines supplied by Russia.

China is also constructing a number of naval frigates for the Pakistan Navy which so far took delivery of three frigates and the fourth one is being constructed with Chinese cooperation in Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works.

The commencement of the construction of the new missile boats followed the visit of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee of the Pakistan Army, Gen. Khalid Shameem Wynne last week to take part in the eighth round of security dialogue between the two countries.

The talks focussed on finalisation of new projects to expand their defence cooperation as well as steps for timely completion of ongoing projects.

There is no reason not to assume we can't

a) We really need 20 such boats in Pakistan Navy , together with the Frigates we have would create a good combination

b) But I wonder how effective these boats are vs Submarine threats do they have any capabilities against submerged targets

they do carry deep charges but a problem is to detect a submarines..thats what biggest problem is how to find it..even for aircraft carriers its difficult to find a sub!

It is part of the same project. Both are same FAC's.

but one source claime the construction beng started in china and anther claim the production tohave started in china? whats the point in this?

2zsxsfc.jpg

but one source claime the construction beng started in china and anther claim the production tohave started in china? whats the point in this?

Well two FAC's were supposed to built for PN. When is under construction in China and would be completed in October. The second one one is being built Karachi shipyard.

Back
Top Bottom