What's new

Pakistan must MORE Naval forces ASAP

Well things are looking good for Pakistan Navy

8 - F22P frigates China (4 in hand - 4 coming F23P designation)
May be 4 Type083 friagtes/Destroyers
6 - OHP friagtes from US (1 in hand - 5 coming)
8 - P3 orions
8 - Anti Submarine Helicopters from China
12 - Submarines from China (12 submarines discussions on going)

What we really do need is the Submarine deals to go thru , and the OHP arrivals on schedule not late or held in state of limbo

We could have retired our old ships if we had inducted 1 Destroyer from US but that is old story

Right now the pressure is on the gov to close the deal on Submarines and More frigates - ASAP

Four more F22p-mod / F23P? Is that firm?

The only Type 083 ships I know of are small patrol ships of russian design (1950s) aka P-6 Class

Yes there will likely be more OHPs coming Pakistan's way but at this time I don't think there is any firmer than some initial expression of interest in 6. So far only 1 has been awarded.

Nearly 80 pct of India lives on half dollar a day

Tweet This
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook
Digg
Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:05am EDT
Aug 10 (Reuters) - Seventy-seven percent of Indians -- about 836 million people -- live on less than half a dollar a day

Nearly 80 pct of India lives on half dollar a day | Reuters
Oi hoi
Pakistan k upar documentaries dekhi hain?
I am yet to see a positive documentary on Pakistan.
While i have seen many on India.
The same link says that 26% of Indian pop lives BPL Pakistan Poverty population =27%:lol:
BRIC(Brazil Russia India China) the set of emerging economic powers.
Not Pakistan.
You need to beg and survive on aid.
India also gave 25 crore rupees.
Enjoy this as well
?India has more rich people than poor now? - The Times of India
'India has more rich people than poor now' - The Economic Times
India now has more rich than poor - Business News - IBNLive
Sorry,I don't find any links like that for Pakistan!!
Your economy is growing at 1.5 % maybe negative percent after flood quarters,what do you want to say?Comparing yourself to a member of BRIC??a 9p.c growing economy?2nd largest military 4th largest air force 5th largest navy?
Its really amazing how some Pakistanis out of jealousy bring out comparison between India and Pakistan,we all know India is way too ahead of you
Poverty percent in India acc. to your source is 26% and Pakistan has 27%(known)!!!you have less population still more poverty..ofc we have 10 times more population than you,so we will have more poor people,but the fact is the poor people:total population is more in Pakistan!!
Btw,your economy is never praised on the world stage,but you know how the Indian economy is doing :rolleyes:
Please first stop taking foreign aids and don't even think of Pakistan and India comparison

^^^ instead of retiring old ships...Convert them into power plants..MArine Hevy oil engines fitted on those ships are cheap to run and maintain...Modification will be required...fitting a generator instead of propeller.

GTu's similar to those used on large naval ships are commonly used in landbased powerplants. So this is a feasible application and use for retired navy ships. Although I think it would likely involve recycling their GTu engines onto a dedicated power plant barge rather than keeping them in a ship's hull. This has been done in Russia with ex-navy ship nuclear powerplants. It is done in the US by Walter Marine.

http://www.wallermarine.com/Power Barge Brochure .pdf

Back
Top Bottom