What's new

Pakistan must add 35 MAF of water in 10 years to its current reserve or face a sever water shortage

Besides what is written in Post no 1 ,Pak needs to focus on :

1. Relining canals to prevent / reduce seepage of water

2. Desilt existing Dams & water storage sources

dont feed them with any information or advise. They will do it on their own.

dont feed them with any information or advise. They will do it on their own.
positive input is welcome what you said is just sad
They must have a year book. Can you find it?
The government has been given the proposal for a ‘Chiniot Dam’ on the River Chenab that would have a barrage capacity of 1 million cusecs and a storage capacity of 1.29 million acre feet. Water experts say dams cannot be built on a plain, and therefore, Chiniot is the only natural site on Chenab River that allows a dam. During the current floods, one million acre feet of water each were diverted to Mangla and Tarbela dams.

“There is a proposed plan to build a dam at River Chenab at Chiniot but there has been no response from the government so far,” said WAPDA ex-Chairman Syed Raghib Abbas Shah. Climate change experts believe the massive floods are a consequence of deforestation, encroachment on river banks, and lack of dams.

- See more at: Worth a dam ‹ The Friday Times
I am looking for relevant sources now as soon as I can find projects being worked on I will post. I do not think will find much on-line

They must have a year book. Can you find it?
good idea, thank you

who cares ? 10 years are too long our political elite is thinking for loot of tomorrow morning . and no one will add 1MAF until this shortage will go to worse .
I see your post and think... oh no what did im do this time...
may be you should ask them to change the pink color of your id.
ontopic: dam building is so controversial, you cant blame politicians alone.

Back
Top Bottom