What's new

Pakistan: Moves to integrate tribal areas in the northwest

You dont know anything about insurgency in Pakistan, so why comment?

First of all, to say that those terrorists are citizens is a massive stretch. 60% of the fighters are foreigners from Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and sometimes the middle east and North Africa. These are not local people fighting for independence or revolution, but for the establishment of a strict Sharia ruled state making it easier for them to recruit abroad and import mercenaries. Those that are 'Pakistani' are mostly from rural tribes that likely have never come into Pakistani government ever (this may change with the integration of FATA into KPK), and therefore have more loyalty to their tribe than they ever had for the state. Finally, whenever a battle takes place civillians are always evacuated and helicopters and planes are never used in populated areas; they are used in the mountains and unpopulated valleys where the terrorists reside.

Ok, I don't know about the insurgency in Pakistan - you're right - so I take your word that such heavy military hardware is required. Nonetheless I hope you can appreciate the need for use of force in insurgencies [deliberately avoiding using the s-d word here].

About the troop presence - it's not as if the Pak Army has just a few scouts on your side of the LOC so there is really no choice I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom