What's new

Pakistan moves int’l court against Indian water projects

You just said earlier that the PAF would time the strike to be in the dry season so Pakistan wont get flooded. Are you really this thick? It won't be a dry trickle of water that you seem to think it will be. The surge will be quite devastating to Pakistan downstream.

Actually now that I think of it, India doesn't need to strike back and create even more pain for Pakistan civilians than what PAF would have just self-inflicted.

Its not like the leaders and generals live in the villagers in Pakistan that will get washed away by Pakistan's actions.....so why wash away even more of them and just turn people against India when they will be baying for your leaders/general blood for what you did to them?

We will help the Pakistan aam admi then in taking out the Pakistan leadership. Much better use of our resources :D

All for a run of the river project (i.e water storage capable of a surge but not a sustained deluge).

You do realise that these dams are all replicas pretty much of Baglihar that Pakistan took India to court about (and you fanboys were saying the exact same thing that PAF should strike it blah blah blah).

I mean you didn't strike it then, you havent complained since about Baglihar operation (after people have realised the flows are unaltered and have been lied to by the pak elite as usual) and now you suddenly want to revisit this line of thinking again without pausing to check the reality?

It's not my fault that you don't know the meaning of dry season. Dry season doesn't mean that there won't be any rain or snow melting. In Indus river, It mean that flow of water will be lot less than what is required or can be accommodated by river channels during their normal flow. Pakistan can bust open all Indian Dams and can still easily accommodate all the water. Only immediate damage will be to town or villages close to Dams on the Indian side. Rest you are talking trash.

Like you said, "rivers are perennial" Riverbeds are wide and deep enough to accommodate high flow of water even in raining season. Dry winter time is just a bonus to bust open a dam. Since Pakistan Dams are running most at barely minimum during that time, They will caught most of the water and will not even be half full.

So ask yourself why Pakistan was a damp squib for Baglihar....esp after losing so badly in the arbitration?

You elites bark the bark, but never walk the talk....because deep down the higher ups know what will happen with the unwashed massed that will become washed quite quickly in any such reckless action. You seem to not know how a surge works. I would do an analysis for you regarding the impulse time of the water load downstream....but its a fools errand with you not even understanding what a run of the river dam is in the first place (and its inability to dry up Pakistan as decided by the arbitration last time) so I wont bother.

All this complaining by Pakistan elite is an exercise to divert attention of their aam admi against big bad india drying them all up.....when most of the drying up stems from Pakistans own grossly mismanaged water use (since run of the water dams do not affect river water flow) that some smarter Pakistanis (unlike you) have realised and were pushing to expose when Baglihar butthurt was going on with the Pak elite.

Almost every issue w.r.t India from Pakistan follows this philosophy....what can we say....its all that your Mujahir and Punjabi elite have left now to shove reality as far away as they can....but still be not suicidal enough to completely ignore it....since they have wisened up to it just a little bit over time given the experience of 1971 and the growth of Indian economy and military in more recent years.....and the growing frustration of their own population in being lied to continually. They know not to push their luck....but keep everything on the appropriate simmer to ensure their personal interests and survival.

Buddy how in gods name do you have the patience to debate with someone so dense? i just move on.

I'm wrapping up here. Honest! :D

Buddy how in gods name do you have the patience to debate with someone so dense? i just move on.
Buddy you ran out of argument and your buddy don't have a clue of general definition of dry season and was assuming stuff like the rest of you.

So ask yourself why Pakistan was a damp squib for Baglihar....esp after losing so badly in the arbitration?

You elites bark the bark, but never walk the talk....because deep down the higher ups know what will happen with the unwashed massed that will become washed quite quickly in any such reckless action. You seem to not know how a surge works. I would do an analysis for you regarding the impulse time of the water load downstream....but its a fools errand with you not even understanding what a run of the river dam is in the first place (and its inability to dry up Pakistan as decided by the arbitration last time) so I wont bother.

All this complaining by Pakistan elite is an exercise to divert attention of their aam admi against big bad india drying them all up.....when most of the drying up stems from Pakistans own grossly mismanaged water use (since run of the water dams do not affect river water flow) that some smarter Pakistanis (unlike you) have realised and were pushing to expose when Baglihar butthurt was going on with the Pak elite.

Almost every issue w.r.t India from Pakistan follows this philosophy....what can we say....its all that your Mujahir and Punjabi elite have left now to shove reality as far away as they can....but still be not suicidal enough to completely ignore it....since they have wisened up to it just a little bit over time given the experience of 1971 and the growth of Indian economy and military in more recent years.....and the growing frustration of their own population in being lied to continually. They know not to push their luck....but keep everything on the appropriate simmer to ensure their personal interests and survival.

I'm wrapping up here. Honest! :D
Lol, I am not into political debate. From military and tactical point of view to carry out a Dam bust operation I stated my point and it do able. Considering, I am from North and seen the dry season and the surge of water first hand plus the river bed of Punjab. I am pretty sure you assumption are over exaggerated.

Considering, I am from North and seen the dry season and the surge of water first hand plus the river bed of Punjab. I am pretty sure you assumption are over exaggerated.

So you got India to build up a dam upstream so you could do a proper surge (not a natural one) by destroying it? Or you are under the impression that natural surges (Even from the greatest of heavy rains) can compared to unnatural ones with significantly higher impulse loads (given much much less delta time).

15 million cubic metres of water released in a few minutes is not going to end well for Pakistan given the average flow rate in the area for Pakistan is around 800 cubic metres per second and may swell to about 2 or 3 times that at most naturally.

I suggest you watch the ending of the movie Force 10 navarone for some idea of what will happen even with a relatively small dam.....or at least read up of what happened in the real life Johnstown flood.

@Joe Shearer Would love to hear your views on this whole matter

Last edited:
It's not my fault that you don't know the meaning of dry season. Dry season doesn't mean that there won't be any rain or snow melting. In Indus river, It mean that flow of water will be lot less than what is required or can be accommodated by river channels during their normal flow. Pakistan can bust open all Indian Dams and can still easily accommodate all the water. Only immediate damage will be to town or villages close to Dams on the Indian side. Rest you are talking trash.
So when are you briefing COAS with your ideas.... ?:big_boss:

So you got India to build up a dam upstream so you could do a proper surge (not a natural one) by destroying it? Or you are under the impression that natural surges (Even from the greatest of heavy rains) can compared to unnatural ones with significantly higher impulse loads (given much much less delta time).

15 million cubic metres of water released in a few minutes is not going to end well for Pakistan given the average flow rate in the area for Pakistan is around 800 cubic metres per second and may swell to about 2 or 3 times that at most naturally.

I suggest you watch the ending of the movie Force 10 navarone for some idea of what will happen even with a relatively small dam.....or at least read up of what happened in the real life Johnstown flood.

Dont bother , he is incapable of understanding the point we are trying to make.

Buddy you ran out of argument and your buddy don't have a clue of general definition of dry season and was assuming stuff like the rest of you.

Lol, I am not into political debate. From military and tactical point of view to carry out a Dam bust operation I stated my point and it do able. Considering, I am from North and seen the dry season and the surge of water first hand plus the river bed of Punjab. I am pretty sure you assumption are over exaggerated.
"buddy" i do not suffer fools .

He said since it will be timed in the dry season there will be no flooding.

Give him some points!!
If I was Doval...I would poison the water right on the India, Pakistan border and inform the Pakistan leadership and the border towns to make sure the people dont drink the poisoned water...This will kill all your crops, downstream.....so need to to do anything else.:coffee:

Don't worry, PAF will check the calendar for the driest season. Farmers will love the unexpected extra water.

This is painful. You do realize that the bouncing bomb needs water to bounce on right? You also realize "unexpected extra water" is also called as flood, right?

This is painful. You do realize that the bouncing bomb needs water to bounce on right? You also realize "unexpected extra water" is also called as flood, right?
You do realize we are in 2016 and no one is dropping bouncing bombs anymore. Some of you Indian really make my day with your dumb comments.

If I was Doval...I would poison the water right on the India, Pakistan border and inform the Pakistan leadership and the border towns to make sure the people dont drink the poisoned water...This will kill all your crops, downstream.....so need to to do anything else.:coffee:
lol, then Pakistan would gift India with spent radioactive waste from reactors that cost too much money to be safely stored in Pakistan.

One is movie and other one was totally opposite scenario. Johnstown flood was due to heavy rain. Remember our first condition "dry season" . If you travel through Punjab from Islamabad to Lahore in Dry season, you can even see river bed of in some places. Water level is so low in some months.

Johnstown flood was due to heavy rain.

Heavy rain causing....you guessed it, a catastrophic dam failure....unleashing 20 million cubic metres of water over 40 minutes washing away whole towns and villages causing 2000+deaths in a much less densely populated area compared to Pakistan.

There is a better line of reasoning you could challenge me on regarding it (which I have answers for as well), but you have been unable to find it so far.

The movie btw actually captures the essence of what would happen quite well (many hydro dam experts commented on it quite positively as far as what would happen).

Did you just had a panic attack or something?
Oh hell fucking yes I am shaking like hell! You know, you should always be afraid of those who have nothing left to loose! They will go down and they will take every one around with them. See, its simple. You hit the damn dam. Tanks march towards Karachi and Lahore. You hit them with Nasr. Agnis all fly. Then few Shaheens fly. Then more Agnis fly. Then Dong-Dongs fly. Then Minutemans and Pacekeepers and what not Fly. Then there is nothing left to fly.. perhaps only flies.

@Sneaker haha. I am glad, atleast you didn't brought up the argument that PAF don't have lancaster bomber anymore so the mission is totally impossible. :omghaha:

Oh hell fucking yes I am shaking like hell! You know, you should always be afraid of those who have nothing left to loose! They will go down and they will take every one around with them. See, its simple. You hit the damn dam. Tanks march towards Karachi and Lahore. You hit them with Nasr. Agnis all fly. Then few Shaheens fly. Then more Agnis fly. Then Dong-Dongs fly. Then Minutemans and Pacekeepers and what not Fly. Then there is nothing left to fly.. perhaps only flies.
#1. I doubt any Indian, to include Modi have any testicular fortitude to even start a war, don't even think about them considering Nuclear option. We have seen their guts in 99, 2002 and 2008.
#2. Indian Tank roll, Pakistani ATGM fly, landmine go boom, Pakistani tank go Zoom Zoom. End of Story. Never go full retarded.
you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom