What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

@DESERT FIGHTER

I also need to know if the rumors of FC being trained to ultimately become a dedicated Counter Insurgency/Counter Terrorism Force are correct or not.

The FC thanks to TK and others is on par and equivalent to good light infantry troops, capable of complex and hard military operations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Army Chief visits Mangla to witness various training activities

RAWALPINDI, Dec 1 (APP): Chief of the Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Mangla today to witness various training activities.

He visited a Light Commando Battalion undergoing training. While informally interacting with the troops, he appreciated their morale and professionalism.

COAS also witnessed Low Intensity Conflict training being carried out by Young Officers of various units/formations.

He emphasized the need to comprehend dynamics of Low Intensity Conflict and develop skills at individual/unit level accordingly.

COAS also met Lance Naik MianYousaf Jamil, World Record holder for planting most number of trees in a single day. He lauded the spirit behind the effort of Lance Naik Yousaf to promote tree plantation.

Earlier, COAS was received by Corps Commander, Lieutenant General Khalid Nawaz Khan.

2553.jpg

The LCB is a generic term for special battalions that will be part of various formations - will be proficient in but not exclusively, Air Assault, FIBUA, COIN, Para-drop.

There equivalent would be the UK "Para's", US Rangers/101st Airborne Division, specialized Infantry, that would allow the SSG to conduct true traditional Special Forces missions.

Though the task is complex and expensive, the PA has already raised up a few of the units, Wolves, but others are in the process of being raised, more helicopter resources are a must for this concept to be fully realised.

But these units will also have a part to play in any conventional war as well, as they are very flexible, a scenario would be to capture bridges or strategic locations after being heli dropped or para dropped behind enemy lines.

A quick search reveals tht this unit was set up in 2010 or even before tht...

Even PMA cadets are starting to look hardcore, the upside of the 12 year WOT is the toughness and professionalism of our forces.

I was thinking the same, I mean, these images show a more professional and hardened army, and also some of those men look more Turkish then Pakistani, is this a deliberate ploy by ISPR to put handsome, rugged looking people in these mutli-media packages? (BTW I am not gay in case some of you get worried LOL).

The only thing that pisses me off is those mobiles - the open transportation of precious army people. They should always be in armoured carriers. Our dushman has shown an ability to hurt us everywhere therefore we need to be more professional and use protected transportation.

BTW During the 2001/2002 stand-off against India, the Indian operation was Parakram, what was the Pakistani operation called?

Lolwat, serviceman finishing his prayers over there. He's wearing a US army issue vest (probably 2nd hand too if you look at the camo). Are some of these guys given that much freedom when it comes to gear?

Not LCB ....

Pakistani army Chief General Kayani has witnessed formation level training exercises in Bahawalpur Cantt and Khairpur Tamianwali. These exercises focused on the training of Pakistani soldiers for conventional operations in the desert areas with help from the mechanized forces of Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force......Held in 2012.

Picture from 2004.

Battle of Bajaur 2008..

Do get training in these matters as well?

Do they get training in these matters as well?

AMC cadets..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom