What's new

Pakistan might be considering opting for 18 more F16 Block C/D

I HATE to burst the bubble here

but YES, on occasion they have been immature and on some naive.

We have debated this on another thread, b4 as well.

Technologically, logically it is very easy to build kill buttons,

I have yet to see a reason why USA would not implement such an easy option.

Thats for missiles dude...................not aircrafts....................
Just tell me this, what network can be used to link the aircraft flying a sortie in Pakistan to a CIA agent in America ?
1) Can't be the internet, the aircraft isn't connected.
2) Can't be radio waves, America is too far away.
3) I can't think of any other way, you ?

Last edited:
Also there are some codes for missiles,choppers and aircrafts which can be used to make them useless

Na man, you are talking about de-activation codes, they work on missiles not choppers and planes......................

:disagree::disagree: Dude are u on drugs?Still ur talking about some fudged up rumor that F16s have secret switch buttons that usa can use and make it stall?
Be realistic is PAF so immature to buy something that has no use in case of a war??

They can do all that and still have time to catch the 8:30 movie, no sweat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forcibly resisting my temptation for a very sweet funny reply from my ownself, like my ownself I'd request you gentlemen to maintain the atmosphere of solemnity. Although I value your opinion, I really do, but frankly, I'm not gonna pay any attention to it.

Now after having drugs and watching the 8:30 movie, I'll rephrase my question for your ease of understanding. Suppose the PAF violates one of the conditions on the... let's say 'usage'... of these new F16s. Everyone remains hush hush so no-one else other than PAF know about this.

Now, two really simple questions, strictly restricted to the capabilities of PAC Kamra:

1. Will the Americans know about this via something 'installed' on the jet, reagardless of this being on hardware or software?
Note 'Violations on terms and conditions'.
(Yes/No, thankyou).

2. Can we trust the Americans to let us have a 'completely independent system' which cannot, in anyway whatsoever, be compromised from any minute possibility emerging from any specific role or operation we undertake? Note 'completely independent system'.
(Yes/No, thankyou again).

See how simple this is to answer. Or am I asking the wrong persons? Anyway, in other words do we have the infrasturcture to completely 'testify' the fact that these F16s have no 'fail-safe/check-safe' measures to check for violations or any however potentially, remotely, outlandishly minicular threat to our operations against whomever?

A simple yes/no, preferably provided with a reasonable explanation by someone 'actually' in the knows, would be sufficient. Thank you ever so much for enlighting the un-educated, with due respect.

F-16 and J-10 are our front line fighters to be used to carry out attacks in enemy battle space.

JF-17 and Mirage Fighters are to be used to give Air Cover to our forces, give air cover to sensitive targets and beat back enemy incursion into our soil.

why do we need the french subs!!! we need the german ones! and the avionics package of french origin will hike up the price of our JFs which will not be helpful. unless we also increase the hard points and turn the JF into a medium weight fighter or heavy weight which would need alot of structural changes.

What about German Avionics?

Can't we get the Germans to give us a Package deal which include German Subs and German Avionics.

What about German Avionics?

Can't we get the Germans to give us a Package deal which include German Subs and German Avionics.
it would not be the alone decision of germany as being the partners..it would also need the nod from other partners....which would be very lenghty and difficult process

Forcibly resisting my temptation for a very sweet funny reply from my ownself, like my ownself I'd request you gentlemen to maintain the atmosphere of solemnity. Although I value your opinion, I really do, but frankly, I'm not gonna pay any attention to it.

Now after having drugs and watching the 8:30 movie, I'll rephrase my question for your ease of understanding. Suppose the PAF violates one of the conditions on the... let's say 'usage'... of these new F16s. Everyone remains hush hush so no-one else other than PAF know about this.

Now, two really simple questions, strictly restricted to the capabilities of PAC Kamra:

1. Will the Americans know about this via something 'installed' on the jet, reagardless of this being on hardware or software?
(Yes/No, thankyou).

2. Can we trust the Americans to let us have a 'completely independent system' which cannot, in anyway whatsoever, be compromised from any minute possibility emerging from any specific role or operation we undertake? Note 'completely independent system'.

See how simple this is to answer. Or am I asking the wrong persons? Anyway, in other words do we have the infrasturcture to completely 'testify' the fact that these F16s have no 'fail-safe/check-safe' measures to check for violations or any however potentially, remotely, outlandishly minicular threat to our operations against whomever?

A simple yes/no, preferably provided with a reasonable explanation by someone 'actually' in the knows, would be sufficient. Thank you ever so much for enlighting the un-educated, with due respect.

Firstly, ther is no such system which can notify the Americans that the aircraft has been tampered with.....................
These aircraft are for use with PAF, any upgrades done are PAF's responsibilty and America has nothing to do with it, they can not speak against it or threaten us for any reason...........but upgrades are not really needed since Block 52s feature some of the world's most advanced avionics and electronic systems.
Secondly, we BUY these aircrafts, they are not given by any aid package so they are free of any restrictions, they are our planes and we can do with them as we please, America has never and will never object.

Thats for missiles dude...................not aircrafts....................
Just tell me this, what network can be used to link the aircraft flying a sortie in Pakistan to a CIA agent in America ?
1) Can't be the internet, the aircraft isn't connected.
2) Can't be radio waves, America is too far away.
3) I can't think of any other way, you ?

I can see you are not much into technology !

Please study, and you will know, it is relatively very easy !

On the contrary, Missile (Cruise, ICBM/IRBMs) are immune to such tinkering.

As for r0ck's questions

(Yes/No, thankyou).

Yes they will know, very very easily. They can even know when an F-16 has been loaded with a nuclear weapon.

NO we can not trust them, we CAN however trust the fact that there will be all sort of
observation, intelligence equipment installed that you can imagine.

Last edited:
Firstly, ther is no such system which can notify the Americans that the aircraft has been tampered with.....................
These aircraft are for use with PAF, any upgrades done are PAF's responsibilty and America has nothing to do with it, they can not speak against it or threaten us for any reason...........but upgrades are not really needed since Block 52s feature some of the world's most advanced avionics and electronic systems.
Secondly, we BUY these aircrafts, they are not given by any aid package so they are free of any restrictions, they are our planes and we can do with them as we please, America has never and will never object.

dun thnk that americans are little lolipop suckers they are more advance in technology than anyone else so they can easily do wat others cant thnk of ....they had shown that in past n they may do in future if they get a chance....so stop being childish they have reached to such heights of technology that u can hardly imagine

Please study, and you will know, it is relatively very easy !

Please.................go ahead and enlighten me...................

dun thnk that americans are little lolipop suckers they are more advance in technology than anyone else so they can easily do wat others cant thnk of ....they had shown that in past n they may do in future if they get a chance....so stop being childish they have reached to such heights of technology that u can hardly imagine

Ok, I agree that the Americans are not lollipop suckers and they are really tech monkeys but can you quote how many aircrafts have gone down as a result of "kill switches" and how it links the aircraft with the "Killer" ?

The use of kill switches has to be carried out physically, i.e, the operator has to do it himself................what mystic force have you two conjured up which can kill aircrafts from Hundreds of thousands kilometres away ??????

Kill switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok, I agree that the Americans are not lollipop suckers and they are really tech monkeys but can you quote how many aircrafts have gone down as a result of "kill switches" and how it links the aircraft with the "Killer" ?

Lol do u thnk they will not w8 for the ryt tym to do it? they will crash aircraft b4 any major war or scenario so PAF came to know and will stop buying american tech which will hurt american defence industry lol dun u thnk if they have them on aircrafts they will use in some case of war b/w Pak and india or Pak and israel.

Remeber one thng u cant ever trust uncle sam as they have decievd us in past and also decievd many other countries like Iraq,Afghanistan n u keep counting

The use of kill switches has to be carried out physically, i.e, the operator has to do it himself................what mystic force have you two conjured up which can kill aircrafts from Hundreds of thousands kilometres away ??????

Kill switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol dun tell me that u r living in a stone age where everythng has to be done manually and physically they can do it through GPS or Satellite

n by the way we are not talking about Kill Switch of some machines used in factory or some software used in Public organization lol ur knowledge of tech is so limited and childish sorry but cant stop myself from laughing:rofl:

The kind of mechanism being talked about is very much possible. Not just possible, it a very simple thing. Even I can make one provided I get access to satellite links. The Americans have them though.

This mechanism could be linked to the avionics. It would activate itself as soon as the plane powers up. As soon as the aircraft goes out of Pakistani territory, it could transmit a signal to the base in US and notify its current position, type and number of missile. It can even send back the course of the flight, giving an idea of where the plane is headed.
The mechanism could then deactivate missile firing, or even limit the thrust, or activate false alarms indicating engine failing or some other problem. Of course they wouldn't just stop the plane midway, although its pretty much possible.

Also, if integrated into avionics, it would be impossible to remove the mechanism without changing the avionics from ground up.

My 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom