What's new

Pakistan might be considering opting for 18 more F16 Block C/D

Well for only french upgrades for 50 JF17 is almost 1 billion dollar bid. Sarkozy is on its way to Pakistan to sell Subs, Avionics and Tiger. So, it over 2 billion dollar defence deal....

I think another 18 F-16 will be very good for Pakistan.

We should get USA to subsidize them due to our recent help in capturing Taliban Terrorists.

Those new F-16 should be Block 52 or higher and come with sniper pods, BVR missiles and all the latest gear that accompanies them.

Having a fleet of 72 modern F-16 is a powerful deterrent to the rising power of India.

ok Just please answer me one thing. that happened with us in past and can happen in future. What if there is a war with india and dn't you think US will put an embargoes of arms sale as it did in past, (65 war). And if that war spreads and goes for more than just few days of weeks, how PAF would fly these F16 without spares coming and that to at war time???? What then will happen ?? what options then u suggest??:undecided:

F-16 is a tried, tested bird, getting more of them can only be good for us, the J-10 looks good on paper but we cannot order more until the J-10 proves it is up to the mark, that is why only a small number(36) have been ordered for evaluation.

ok Just please answer me one thing. that happened with us in past and can happen in future. What if there is a war with india and dn't you think US will put an embargoes of arms sale as it did in past, (65 war). And if that war spreads and goes for more than just few days of weeks, how PAF would fly these F16 without spares coming and that to at war time???? What then will happen ?? what options then u suggest??:undecided:

I understand your concern, but you must realize that the Armed Forces are always two steps ahead of things..............Pakistan already ordered the single largest acquisition of AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM missiles as part of a $650mn deal to arm our F-16s.
PAF Complex in Kamra are experts at overhauling F-16s so we really don't have anything to worry about...................

I understand your concern, but you must realize that the Armed Forces are always two steps ahead of things..............Pakistan already ordered the single largest acquisition of AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM missiles as part of a $650mn deal to arm our F-16s.
PAF Complex in Kamra are experts at overhauling F-16s so we really don't have anything to worry about...................

thanks dear for nice reply, i know PAC has been overhauling and even at one website i read they upgraded the engine to PW229 standard, but i think going for more advance JF17 versions would be better. but on the part of F16 ,sure they are great.

Well for only french upgrades for 50 JF17 is almost 1 billion dollar bid. Sarkozy is on its way to Pakistan to sell Subs, Avionics and Tiger. So, it over 2 billion dollar defence deal....

nope not for 50 but 100. SPECTRA upgrade package is also offered to Algarian air force Mirage-F1 with almost same specs which costs them about 14-15 million dollars each. 30+ million dollars per upgrade means we are talking about the same cost for IAF Mirage-2000 upgrade.

thanks dear for nice reply, i know PAC has been overhauling and even at one website i read they upgraded the engine to PW229 standard, but i think going for more advance JF17 versions would be better. but on the part of F16 ,sure they are great.

JF-17s are not battle tested yet so lets not pin all our hopes and dreams on them, getting a few F-16s will not, in any make any difference to our JF-17 acquisition, it is aimed to replace the aging fleet of F-7s and Mirages...................which will continue as planned....

Can the guys at PAF Complex Kamra detect a software bug or a hardware chip in the F16 that can be futile for our (American) jet in a myriad of ways?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking a serious question. Cause let's face it, these F16s especially the new ones are coming along with way too many strings attached, usage, servicing and inspection to name a few. Do we have really have a thorough grasp on this? (I hope we do)

I knew from day one since the deal...we wanted 36 F16s but it was due to economy crunch and now with all those rumours on international defence sites and statement by Air chief that they are looking at the options and the options are not ruled out.I can easily bet we will get 18 more F 16s no doubt.
PAF is doing a awesome job
IAF goes for 126 mrca
PAF goes for 150 FC 20s will western avioinics,radars and modifications
IAF goes for LCA
We give our JF17s european avionics,radar etc
IAF in long run goes for PAK-FA
PAF goes for chinese JXX and modifies it more if it requires
IAF inducts its AWACS after it is developed and tested
We get SINO-INDUS KJ-2000 AWACS
PAF gets TIHA MALE and BURRAQ MALE
And according to US senators statement in NDU about talks on US made air refuelling tankers and other stuff
I say hell we are on track

Can the guys at PAF Complex Kamra detect a software bug or a hardware chip in the F16 that can be futile for our (American) jet in a myriad of ways?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking a serious question. Cause let's face it, these F16s especially the new ones are coming along with way too many strings attached, usage, servicing and inspection to name a few. Do we have really have a thorough grasp on this? (I hope we do)

:disagree::disagree: Dude are u on drugs?Still ur talking about some fudged up rumor that F16s have secret switch buttons that usa can use and make it stall?
Be realistic is PAF so immature to buy something that has no use in case of a war??

why do we need the french subs!!! we need the german ones! and the avionics package of french origin will hike up the price of our JFs which will not be helpful. unless we also increase the hard points and turn the JF into a medium weight fighter or heavy weight which would need alot of structural changes.

They can do all that and still have time to catch the 8:30 movie, no sweat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do we need the french subs!!! we need the german ones! and the avionics package of french origin will hike up the price of our JFs which will not be helpful. unless we also increase the hard points and turn the JF into a medium weight fighter or heavy weight which would need alot of structural changes.

If we do all that we will have to start from square one..........doing wind tunnel tests to stabilize the airplane.

:disagree::disagree: Dude are u on drugs?Still ur talking about some fudged up rumor that F16s have secret switch buttons that usa can use and make it stall?
Be realistic is PAF so immature to buy something that has no use in case of a war??

I HATE to burst the bubble here

but YES, on occasion they have been immature and on some naive.

We have debated this on another thread, b4 as well.

Technologically, logically it is very easy to build kill buttons,

I have yet to see a reason why USA would not implement such an easy option.

Also there are some codes for missiles,choppers and aircrafts which can be used to make them useless

Back
Top Bottom