What's new

Pakistan may double aeronautical fee, toll tax on NATO containers: report

Why Yuan collect it in dollars and give it Military. America blocked $1.1 billion and they will pay now $ 4billion so good deal for Pakistan. It will increase the military budget.
Would you please tell how did you come up with the $4 billion figure with this proposed increase of 100% in the transit fee? Do you mean we will be getting additional $4 billion/yr with this increase?

Would you please tell how did you come up with the $4 billion figure with this proposed increase of 100% in the transit fee? Do you mean we will be getting additional $4 billion/yr with this increase?
Just a rough estimate but it will stand between that or higher some where to make an exact calculation we need to go through the entire logistical cost of USA to Afghanistan and then take the 85% transits charge through Pakistan. Because the cost through other rout was 12 billion to USA per annul that is why they preferred Pakistan

Think think think when they will actually do it.

or we can ask them to give us one f-16 with passage of each container.. lol

or we can ask them to give us one f-16 with passage of each container.. lol
We have already paid for those f-16 I think. Why giving them free passage in exchange of what we have paid?

Till now .... It may be, it could be.... So on

Not a single statement by Pak or army against trump tweets

This is the right thing to do. We need to increase the toll taxes by a lot.

this will not effect much to US, as even during its peak approximately 300-400 trucks used to pass through Pakistan every day, now at this time when US have only 15,000 troops in Afghanistan I don't think in any case there will be a requirement of more than 100 trucks per day for the supplies of US forces in Afghanistan.

Therefore cost would not be increased too much even if we start charging them thrice the current amount.

I kinda doubt this considering how our civilian government is on its last legs and the last thing they would want is to bite the hand that feeds (supports them during their exile).
However if this does get approved than it would be fun to see US reaction. They stopped what 2 billion and instead now going to pay 4 billion, and top of that if we make them pay in Yuan, that would be icing on the cake. I just want to see these rednecks humiliated so that whoever comes next understands well not to double cross Pakistan and take us for granted. This orange will not make it for the 2nd term.
They are not giving them asylum there is pressure on UK govt to expose Sharif,s

this will not effect much to US, as even during its peak approximately 300-400 trucks used to pass through Pakistan every day, now at this time when US have only 15,000 troops in Afghanistan I don't think in any case there will be a requirement of more than 100 trucks per day for the supplies of US forces in Afghanistan.

Therefore cost would not be increased too much even if we start charging them thrice the current amount.
Also increase processing time :angel:

It is not just supply trucks it is NATO fuel as well. If imposed this tax will also include the Air traffic tariff. When PPP closed the supply line then there were only few troops and then supply line costed 1.3 billion according to Washington post. and according to tribute it truck trans port was giving Pakistan $1million daily.

Last edited:
I see and hear a lot of huffing and puffing from the Pakistani establishment but f all on the ground. What a joke.

It is not just supply trucks it is NATO fuel as well. If imposed this tax will also include the Air traffic tariff. When PPP closed the supply line then there were only few troops and then supply line costed 1.3 billion according to Washington post.
bhai maan lay baat .... itnna kuch nahi bigarna unn ka
during 2008-2009 only 300-400 (including 100 oil containers) were used to go to Afghanistan for US/NATO supply from our side .... this time if we go alone this will in fact damage our interest, we must make sure that other countries of the region should support our stance once we close the supply routes to Afghanistan by closing or limiting the US access for supplies from NDN routs as well .... Russian support is much needed here

bhai maan lay baat .... itnna kuch nahi bigarna unn ka
during 2008-2009 only 300-400 (including 100 oil containers) were used to Afghanistan for US/NATO supply .... this time if we go alone this will in fact damage our interest, we must make sure that other countries of the region should support our stance once we close the supply routes to Afghanistan by closing or limiting the US access for supplies from NDN routs as well .... Russian support is much needed here

Okay lets wait and watch where the elephant sits.

You should charge them three times of what you are planning to charge for Chinese trucks/containers.

Back
Top Bottom