What's new

Pakistan making armed drones but lacks key technology; China offers help

How many UCAV's Indian forces operate? There is no shortage of money and tech :oops:
Lets see who come up with indigenous UCAV first.

India has acquired Harop attack UAV from Israel and developing stealth UCAV AURA. Don't know the date of first flight test.

How many UCAV's Indian forces operate? There is no shortage of money and tech :oops:
Lets see who come up with indigenous UCAV first.

India is testing its UCAV..search Aura..

but India operates Killer UAVs,i.e. Harpy and Harop..

India is testing its UCAV..search Aura.. but India operates Killer UAVs,i.e. Harpy and Harop..

Testing Aura where? its still on drawing boards :lol: and rest are Israeli made. Well i hope you got my point now you mocked Pakistan that we have no funds and tech for UCAV on the other hand situation is even worst in India despite money and Israeli tech.

Once Pakistan is finished developing combat drones you can expect drone strikes on TTP and militant groups inside Afghanistan.

Once Pakistan is finished developing combat drones you can expect drone strikes on TTP and militant groups inside Afghanistan.

Is it cheaper to operate UCAV rather than using light fighter for the ground attackes? Since Pakistan can always use JF-17 to strikes on TTP and militant groups inside Afghanistan without any problem as they don't have any air defence. Why to wait for UCAV's?

And shouldn't we expect them to be shot down by US forces? :what:

Testing Aura where? its still on drawing boards :lol: and rest are Israeli made. Well i hope you got my point now you mocked Pakistan that we have no funds and tech for UCAV on the other hand situation is even worst in India despite money and Israeli tech.

my bad,i must have to reply clearly.India is testing Rustam and building Aura..and I didn't mock pakistan,i just stated the fact.

an update on Rustam-2..

http://articles.economictimes.india...lopment-establishment-unmanned-aerial-vehicle

it can also be armed. :yahoo:

Pakistan UCAV program, if it even exists, would be India Centric, to allow Combat Recce with AAM and AGM capability. China's only interest would be to sell the complete system to Pakistan. Otherwise, there is no such technology assistance needed by Pakistan as key technologies such as Mission Computers, Data Links, down links, E/O pods, launcher rails already exist in the country.

Pakistan UCAV program, if it even exists, would be India Centric, to allow Combat Recce with AAM and AGM capability. China's only interest would be to sell the complete system to Pakistan. Otherwise, there is no such technology assistance needed by Pakistan as key technologies such as Mission Computers, Data Links, down links, E/O pods, launcher rails already exist in the country.

Using UCAV into the territory heavily defended by SAMs is not a very economical preposition until unless you are targeting civilian targets. Similar to US targeting Pakistani civilians inside the Pakistan. It is good to have UCAV to compliment the fighter fleet.

Is it cheaper to operate UCAV rather than using light fighter for the ground attackes? Since Pakistan can always use JF-17 to strikes on TTP and militant groups inside Afghanistan without any problem as they don't have any air defence. Why to wait for UCAV's?

yesss you are right.....
UAVs are cheap to operate and there is no man involved as pilot physically.....
UAVs are small soo smaller RCS and harder to detect......
Long range...
Inside afghanistan going with jet would be considered attack while UAV is just a machine and isnot taken soo serious.....
well USA also can use fighter jets here soo why don't they use??
well it's not confermed that Pakistan Armed Forces would carry any operation there...
Moreover NATO is there soo at present PA would not.....
after Nato departure we would see how things will go....:sniper:

India has acquired Harop attack UAV from Israel and developing stealth UCAV AURA. Don't know the date of first flight test.

It's a very advanced design, AURA I mean. Is it just me, or does it seem similar to the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

here's a comparison

AURA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/UCAV-AURA.png

B-2 Spirit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/NORTHROP_B-2.png

yesss you are right.....
UAVs are cheap to operate and there is no man involved as pilot physically.....
UAVs are small soo smaller RCS and harder to detect......
Long range...
Inside afghanistan going with jet would be considered attack while UAV is just a machine and isnot taken soo serious.....
well USA also can use fighter jets here soo why don't they use??
well it's not confermed that Pakistan Armed Forces would carry any operation there...
Moreover NATO is there soo at present PA would not.....
after Nato departure we would see how things will go....:sniper:

You know what I wanna see? Pakistan use it's Chinese made UCAV the CH-3 (or 4) to attack a target in Afghanistan and use the same excuse as the US, saying "it's not a violation of sovereignty because of reasons".

I know pakistan is backward, but dont they have the knowhow to make a key? in india there are kids sitting on the streets who can make keys.

By "key technology" the article doesn't mean the technology to make keys as in keys that are used to unlock doors. "Key" technology in this context means critical or decisive technology.

By "key technology" the article doesn't mean the technology to make keys as in keys that are used to unlock doors. "Key" technology in this context means critical or decisive technology.

i know.. i was joking a bit... but seroiusly drones need to be started too . chaabi to chahiye na...

It's a very advanced design, AURA I mean. Is it just me, or does it seem similar to the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

here's a comparison

AURA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/UCAV-AURA.png

B-2 Spirit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/NORTHROP_B-2.png

You know what I wanna see? Pakistan use it's Chinese made UCAV the CH-3 (or 4) to attack a target in Afghanistan and use the same excuse as the US, saying "it's not a violation of sovereignty because of reasons".

We can use Burraq for strikes it was tested but that fesign was rejected coz of poor armour now 2nd design work is underway………

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom