What's new

Pakistan making armed drones but lacks key technology; China offers help

Testing Aura where? its still on drawing boards :lol: and rest are Israeli made. Well i hope you got my point now you mocked Pakistan that we have no funds and tech for UCAV on the other hand situation is even worst in India despite money and Israeli tech.

Rustom 1 MALE UAV is nearly complete n has been flying since 2012 while Rustom 2 UCAV(like Predator) will see its 1st fight by Feb 2014.

Aura is a much more advanced n will take its time.

We can use Burraq for strikes it was tested but that fesign was rejected coz of poor armour now 2nd design work is underway………

Really? Do you have a source? How recent is this info?

Really? Do you have a source? How recent is this info?

an old news I too heard here maybe of 2011-12 but armed drones were tested in Azm-e-Nau exercise back in 2010 which were supposed to be Burraq coz Pak don't have any other armed drone platform……
well such news are not public actually……

Pakistan should use China's help to ensure that we have modern drone technology. I don't understand why we are unwilling to piggyback on China as they grow strong and powerful and rise with them. China is the best option for an ally right now. Plus like our American allies they don't have as many demands.

Pakistan should use China's help to ensure that we have modern drone technology. I don't understand why we are unwilling to piggyback on China as they grow strong and powerful and rise with them. China is the best option for an ally right now. Plus like our American allies they don't have as many demands.

If you have this you get everything you need and want.

They say money talks BS walks. [applies to Pakistan]

iStock_money-tree.jpg

I was impressed with IDS's work. They are definately some unsung heros in there. If someone could list their completed projects. Not that many would know. They seem to have a hush hush wing as well.

an old news I too heard here maybe of 2011-12 but armed drones were tested in Azm-e-Nau exercise back in 2010 which were supposed to be Burraq coz Pak don't have any other armed drone platform……

The drones tested in Azm-e-Nau (2010) weren't UCAVs, but were target drones for practice launches through MANPADs. Also one or two other surveillance drones were shot down by AAA fire.

Pakistan Already Using Ch-3 UCAV from China

Guo said that Pakistan had already purchased several CH-3 drones, but those have been now upgraded to CH-4 capability due to a service agreement they'd hatched together.

China seeks drone buyers in developing countries

From Trishul Blog

Islamabad and Beijing inked two new military procurements contracts during the December 17-19 visit to Islamabad of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao last year, which included the purchase of 20 CH-3 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV) and FT-5 small-diameter bombs for the Pakistan Army’s Aviation Corps, and the first two of up to six Type 022 Hobei-class catamarans for the Pakistan Navy (PN). The CH-3 is a medium-altitude long endurance (MALE) unmanned platform developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp (CASC). It comes equipped with a belly-mounted turret housing optronic sensors, and twin wing-mounted hardpoints for carrying two 75kg FT-5s. The CASC claims that the CH-3 is capable of battlefield reconnaissance, fire adjustment, data relay, intelligence collection, ground-strike missions and electronic warfare missions. The MALE-UCAV has a cruising speed of 220kph, 12-hour maximum endurance, and a 200km communications radius. The FT-5 small-diameter bomb contains a 35kg (77lb) warhead, and has a circular error probability of 15 metres, or less than 50 feet. Its effective glide range is up to 5km (3.1 miles) when launched from the CH-3 UAV. The other members of the FT family--the 500kg (1,100lb) FT-1, 500kg FT-2 with gliding fins, and 250kg (550lb) FT-3 bombs--are all GPS-guided and have already been ordered for the Pakistan Air Force’s JF-17 Thunder multi-role combat aircraft.

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2011/04/pakistan-buys-ucavs-ssks-fac-ms-from.html

So I just read an article, it didn't name the drone in particular, so I'm guessing that it was some sort of target drone.

The drones tested in Azm-e-Nau (2010) weren't UCAVs, but were target drones for practice launches through MANPADs. Also one or two other surveillance drones were shot down by AAA fire.

i don't know exactely bt i read somewhere that PA tested armed drones in Azm-e-Nau maybe 2011?:unsure:
well never mind that news could be wrong…:pop:

for rnd there should b a great economy if we want to rasearch and develop our own things then our economy must b strong enough to complete this but pakistan is ecnomicaly weak so help from china or from other country is a good idea i think...

Pakistan is making much more things but secretly because our country is much more depended on US EU aid..

Pakistan Already Using Ch-3 UCAV from China

Guo said that Pakistan had already purchased several CH-3 drones, but those have been now upgraded to CH-4 capability due to a service agreement they'd hatched together.

China seeks drone buyers in developing countries

From Trishul Blog

Islamabad and Beijing inked two new military procurements contracts during the December 17-19 visit to Islamabad of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao last year, which included the purchase of 20 CH-3 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV) and FT-5 small-diameter bombs for the Pakistan Army’s Aviation Corps, and the first two of up to six Type 022 Hobei-class catamarans for the Pakistan Navy (PN). The CH-3 is a medium-altitude long endurance (MALE) unmanned platform developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp (CASC). It comes equipped with a belly-mounted turret housing optronic sensors, and twin wing-mounted hardpoints for carrying two 75kg FT-5s. The CASC claims that the CH-3 is capable of battlefield reconnaissance, fire adjustment, data relay, intelligence collection, ground-strike missions and electronic warfare missions. The MALE-UCAV has a cruising speed of 220kph, 12-hour maximum endurance, and a 200km communications radius. The FT-5 small-diameter bomb contains a 35kg (77lb) warhead, and has a circular error probability of 15 metres, or less than 50 feet. Its effective glide range is up to 5km (3.1 miles) when launched from the CH-3 UAV. The other members of the FT family--the 500kg (1,100lb) FT-1, 500kg FT-2 with gliding fins, and 250kg (550lb) FT-3 bombs--are all GPS-guided and have already been ordered for the Pakistan Air Force’s JF-17 Thunder multi-role combat aircraft.

TRISHUL: Pakistan Buys UCAVs, SSKs, FAC-Ms From China

For Type 022 Hobei-class catamarans for the Pakistan Navy (PN);

I think we already have Azmat and its possible that we are going to produce 8-9 more of them....

Get your education system in place first and get your mind out of war war war. That is exactly why Pakistan has never progressed to any level. Instead in comparison the early 80's - it is standing at pre-1930s level in terms of education, sanitation, health.
Level of poverty is staggering and population is ever increasing.
Look inwards and see the ailments which are killing the country vs trying to have this macho image and trying to compete on weapons. Weapons do not fill the belly of a poor child worker of whom there are millions.
It is just sad sad to see this is the level at which you measure a country.
Sorry to state, it is a basket case run by illiterate and corrupt politicians who are there to line their pockets including the generals. Go to Canada in Mississauga and see the houses that the retired army/naval officials have bought with cash.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom