What's new

Pakistan likely to buy China’s Z-10 Thunderbolt attack helicopters

The article you are quoting states that US Marines have re-manufactured the the AH-1W to AH-1Z config. This to me means US has a limited number of such helicopters and are not being manufactured new.

I dont know if Pakistan is looking for so many options and posters here say US and Pakistan relations are good, then why doesnt Pakistan ask for Apache helicopters? They are the best, battle proven platforms right now.

$$, problem with Apache is, well, US still using them and they can only nake new (Not even longbow upgrade package...) for client. Unless PA of PAF want to pay full price (64 mil per) otherwise they wont be on the table...

On the otherhand Zulu can be upgrade from W and each W cobra cowt about 20 mil per and even a new zulu only cost 30 mil, i would say PA got a better bet to score off the W US is going to retire from the Marine then upgrade them to zulu standard. It would be around 15 to 20 mil per

If it is true, our emergency right now to destroy terrorists, we need attack helicopters in the needs of hours.

China and Pakistan may work out well, US always hesitate to provide helicopters to Pakistan, US confirmed that they wouldn't give Apache helicopters to Pakistan despite Egypt received it.

The poor masses will hold China in highest regard. While the Elite will see the US as Pakistan's greatest true ally.

Most of us the knowledgeable ones know that is not even an open secret any more. 8-)

It is just amazing for your "elites" who have been kept literally silent over the US drones for years.

I can probably guarantee, if a Pakistani Soldier is ordered to shoot at Chinese Soldier's he'll hesitate. While at a lesser degree against an American Soldier.

so who would the PA rank in priority of killing: Chinese, US, Indians :-)

As far as training goes, Pakistan and China focus more on exercises. While the US-Pakistan carry out both educational and live-fire. That's not to say that many Pakistani Soldiers haven't gone to Chinese Academies for studies. Quite a few are seconded to Chinese Military Branches.

Yeah, that bloke is ignorant on many many issues. Military, law and geo-politics included

Even the Chinese aren't supplying weapons to Pakistan.
NO-ONE wants to upset the military balance in S. Asia. That includes China.

Balancing is one thing to be considered

Also no country is willing to give away their best weapons on hand even at a good price irrespective of relationship.
China has our own concerns too.

I think PLA have been very considerate to Pakistan in supplying many of our weapons for win-win situations without much fanfare. And despite so many of your Pakistani folks are still holding adverse opinion on JF-17, but ask yourselves who in the world would supply a whole line of fighter-jet productions to you in the world? Will USA (F-16) or Russia (Mig-?) do similar things to Pakistan without strong diplomatic backlashes?

To be honest Maj. JHungary, you have to understand the socio-economic status of Pakistanis polled on view towards countries.

The poor masses will hold China in highest regard. While the Elite will see the US as Pakistan's greatest true ally.

I can probably guarantee, if a Pakistani Soldier is ordered to shoot at Chinese Soldier's he'll hesitate. While at a lesser degree against an American Soldier.

As far as training goes, Pakistan and China focus more on exercises. While the US-Pakistan carry out both educational and live-fire. That's not to say that many Pakistani Soldiers haven't gone to Chinese Academies for studies. Quite a few are seconded to Chinese Military Branches.

with due respect to the US. Support and respect for China is across the whole spectrum of the Pakistani society, including the elites.

Even the Chinese aren't supplying weapons to Pakistan.

NO-ONE wants to upset the military balance in S. Asia. That includes China.

to say that the above is inaccurate would be a colossal understatement.

Great news. Our Chinese friends come through again. Let's see how many Taliban we can kill with them.

The T-129 should also still remain firmly on track.

Most of us the knowledgeable ones know that is not even an open secret any more. 8-)

It is just amazing for your "elites" who have been kept literally silent over the US drones for years.

so who would the PA rank in priority of killing: Chinese, US, Indians :-)

Yeah, that bloke is ignorant on many many issues. Military, law and geo-politics included

Balancing is one thing to be considered

Also no country is willing to give away their best weapons on hand even at a good price irrespective of relationship.
China has our own concerns too.

I think PLA have been very considerate to Pakistan in supplying many of our weapons for win-win situations without much fanfare. And despite so many of your Pakistani folks are still holding adverse opinion on JF-17, but ask yourselves who in the world would supply a whole line of fighter-jet productions to you in the world? Will USA (F-16) or Russia (Mig-?) do similar things to Pakistan without strong diplomatic backlashes?

so essentially, you have said nothing at all...

so please tell me, for me being a ignorant member here about military , law and geopolitic? What is the different in function between a AH-1 cobra and a Z-10 attack helicopter?

Can you please enlight us the ignorant one?

Finally a decision! I hope they ace the trials. @Keel Can the z-10s be equipped with Turkish missiles

Finally a decision! I hope they ace the trials. @Keel Can the z-10s be equipped with Turkish missiles

I know Z-10 will be recommended for fiting with Tianjian 90
As for compatibilities with Turkish made missiles, I think the Turks can offer their range of missiles which may fit within the equipping specs of Z-10's pods :-)

Last edited:
So now why Z10...............
Why not T129 or Mi28??
T129 is facing issues regarding its engine.
Mi28 which is too soon for Pak to ask from Russia.
That's why Z10 is last option??
any way Mi28 should be the first preference then T129 and then Z10............... and '3' Z10 in next year? why not the 20 Mi28n from Russia?

So now why Z10...............
Why not T129 or Mi28??
T129 is facing issues regarding its engine.
Mi28 which is too soon for Pak to ask from Russia.
That's why Z10 is last option??
any way Mi28 should be the first preference then T129 and then Z10............... and '3' Z10 in next year? why not the 20 Mi28n from Russia?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom