What's new

Pakistan Issues $2b in Global Bond Markets

Yes, Nawazanomics.....

Not just him. This self-defeating formula has been a cornerstone of almost all fiscal policies pursued by Pakistan to its long term fiscal detriment.

Just a good will is needed.

Lol.
What kind of goodwill?
emanating from where?
ending for whom?

What it has to do with finance minister or his education. It is a plus point if he has some know how but if he does not it does not matter. It's now responsibility of state bank of Pakistan and its money managers. And pakistan has some damn good bankers. Trust me. Just a good will is needed.
Did you even understand what I wrote? And do you even know what does "good bankers" mean? How old are you exactly?

Final ditch efforts from a beleaguered economy.

What's needed, as a start.

1. Tax reform
2. Infrastructure development (boost in stimulus is a plus) along with power generation as a central pillar
3. Micro financing to aid small to medium sized firms
4. Efficient use of Pakistan's vast primary and renewable sources of energy
5. Education and training of the youngest workforce in Asia.

Not just him. This self-defeating formula has been a cornerstone of almost all fiscal policies pursued by Pakistan to its long term fiscal detriment.

Yes, agreed. We are looking at a lack of policy since the 70's.

Yes but this wouldn't be so alarming if this was a domestic loan. International loans puts pakistan at a currency risk, particularly at the time when the PKR has been artificially appreciated.

anyway PM Nawas Sherrif got plenty of money to enjoy the rule.. the next govt. will sufer if this money not utilised in productive sectors..

So far, have you seen such thing as "use it properly" type in Pakistan since 60+ years?

They can do what they want with these funds because Eurobonds have been issued against it.
Unlike IMF/WB/ADB where strings are attached.

Here if they default = Assets seizures of Pakistan in lieu of these Bonds..
Good luck Pakistan.
You worry about your country. Yes i have seen use it properly type in pakistan not once but so many times.just a will is needed. We have started from rug offices and now where are we. Alhumdulillah we are going very fast. Completed so many projects. Yes some of them are not completed same like in india. Because you can't change the nature of politicians. They are same everywhere. If they issued these bonds just to paying off old ones. Then its a bad move but if not then they are ok.

Yes but this wouldn't be so alarming if this was a domestic loan. International loans puts pakistan at a currency risk, particularly at the time when the PKR has been artificially appreciated.

The present bubble is only short term. The maturity of these bonds is 5 and 10 years and a lot can and will happen before they come due. At least that seems to be the hope.

Did you even understand what I wrote? And do you even know what does "good bankers" mean? How old are you exactly?
Typical indian when has nothing to say troll. I don't have time to waste on you kid . Go on find someone else

Will someone please tell me how it will affect our foriegn reserves?

will they increase it or what is this to begin with?
Just the same way companies get benefited by issuing debentures and bonds. Govt get source of Funds to develop the country.

I am afraid if Pakistan fails to show 9 bln USD to IMF, The whole burden will be put on public in way of high tax rates to reach to 9bln USD.

Last edited:
The present bubble is only short term. The maturity of these bonds is 5 and 10 years and a lot can and will happen before they come due. At least that seems to be the hope.

PML-N may not be in government after 5 years and the next government will have to pay for it (with more loans).
Not to mention failure to pay will result in us losing assets that could have negated the need for a loan in the first place, had sound fiscal policies been in place.

Not to be too pessimistic, but I'm just preparing myself to see our sources of precious stones and metals being sold off at pennies to the dollar.

PML-N may not be in government after 5 years and the next government will have to pay for it (with more loans).
Not to mention failure to pay will result in us losing assets that could have negated the need for a loan in the first place, had sound fiscal policies been in place.

Not to be too pessimistic, but I'm just preparing myself to see our sources of precious stones and metals being sold off at pennies to the dollar.

Yes, this is called the "kicking the old sh1t can down the road" policy for someone else to clean up.

You worry about your country. Yes i have seen use it properly type in pakistan not once but so many times.just a will is needed. We have started from rug offices and now where are we. Alhumdulillah we are going very fast. Completed so many projects. Yes some of them are not completed same like in india. Because you can't change the nature of politicians. They are same everywhere. If they issued these bonds just to paying off old ones. Then its a bad move but if not then they are ok.

Is this why almost every Pakistani establishment is bankrupt from PIA to PCB to Wapda and what not?

Brother budget is also on its way so they needed money there as well. Very risky move if just for budget.

Is this why almost every Pakistani establishment is bankrupt from PIA to PCB to Wapda and what not?
Sad I know that is why I said will is needed. dont forget We build them in the first place and they are not fully bankrupt yet but a burden. Budget is also on its ways may be a big risky stunt. Because shreef bros are famous for it.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom