What's new

Pakistan is Russia’s ‘most important’ partner in South Asia: Putin

India submitted its application for SCO membership after Pakistan so it is understandable that Pakistan got preference but still unclear what will Pakistan's reaction if India lobbied in SCO to pressure up Pakistan getting greater role in Afghanistan in post 2014 scenario? What if US put pressure Pakistan through Russia over its nuclear program Fissile Material Cutoff Treaty (FMCT) exactly? Did Russia include Pakistan in its military export country list? These all questions has to bring into worth full debate.

Old Customers ?? So are we gonna cancel the 35 Bn $ deal for PAK-FA/FGFA ?? U.S. is very interested in selling F-35 to us. But guess what ?? We will stick with our time-tested friend Russia. :)

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Yes very trouble.

We rejected F-35 and went for PAK-FA for 35 Bn $. This deal will work till 2035-2040. Many more new deals worth 20 Bn $ like MTCA, Brahmos, Heli and so on.

Yes, Pakistan can put around 50 Bn $ to make some adjustment. Even in that case No problem, We have more options open like F-35. :tup:

We will be operating Russian 300 odd Sukhoi 30 MKI with Brahmos, PAK-FA, Russian ACC with MIG 29, Talwar Frigates, S-300 and Nuke submarine Akula near Pak border. :tup:

So, We will fight with Russian advance tech only till 2030.
No No! Russia wants Pakistan to bribe US so that it can double cross India . Means US shold cheat on India too cuz India is not a trustful GF. Its records are not good.....:eek:

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

It betrayed Russia so it can decieve US too.What a hypocritic GF India is ......:lol:

No No! Russia wants Pakistan to bribe US so that it can double cross India . Means US shold cheat on India too cuz India is not a trustful GF. Its records are not good.....:eek:

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

It betrayed Russia so it can decieve US too.What a hypocritic GF India is ......:lol:

u can't even troll properly.....

Here i am seeing many Pakistani members are exaggerating situation without proper analysis. People who say that India has no strategic value living somewhere but not on earth. Every country has its own geopolitical importance and Pakistan has its own.

India has no strategic importance to Russia. You've not given any ways it has any, except to say it has.

You seem to be trapped in some 20th century time wrap! So much for throwing around big words like "geostrategy" and "strategic value". You sir, alas, have no understanding of geopolitics nor any knowledge of such, nor do you make even a feeble attempt to learn! Syria's and Iran's relations with Russia based on "money and oil". Tch tch. Pray, what would Pakistan's relations with Russia be based on? Love?

It's based on geostrategy.

The whole of your post is a giant rant.

Sirjee, take a hard good look at the map, again.
-why would Russia want Pakistan to reach Central Asian states? Explain.

He probably meant from southwest Asia to Russia

-If going through Myanmar was that easy, it would have been done before. You see, you are looking at the political map, but you forget about the geological feature, such as the Himalayan ranges and the tropical forests.

Burma is or will be a trading hub for southeast asia. They're building a deep sea port there too.

-As for debunking Malacca straits, hello. a few nonsensical words do not debunk something. Take a hard look at the map again. Look where the Andaman and Nicobar islands lie and India's triservices base's area of coverage. Also draw a line through the IOR showing how boats would reach that Strait. Does that light a bulb or there aint any?

The Malacca Straits are important as an energy corridor, how? (even as a trade corridor, the strait is not important for Russia).

The Malacca Straits are not controlled by India. They are controlled by Malayasia, Indonesia, Singapore. What you're saying is the same as saying Brazil controls the Persian Gulf.

Anywho, I am done with the topic. You fanbois and ignoramuses have no idea what you fellows are talking about. Remember drooling fanbois, Russia doesnt dole out free charity, especially to those who have irritated the bear previously. Study Russia's relations with Ukraine, the Balkan states, the Caucasus - Chechnya, Ingushetia, Dagestan etc and you will get an idea. Pakistan, especially, does not want the Russians near its doors anytime in the near future.

That's a rant. Allying in this case is natural.

lol...this thread is still going on!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....let them have their good moments....lol

Here i am seeing many Pakistani members are exaggerating situation without proper analysis. People who say that India has no strategic value living somewhere but not on earth. Every country has its own geopolitical importance and Pakistan has its own. Why East Pakistan was planned to be Bangladesh and imagine if East Pakistan didn't part away, what was Pakistan's position in current situation?

Putin's words were nothing but a positive signal for Pakistan to come and discuss mutual regional issues, it doesn't means Pakistan will go for war with US but i wrote in my previous post that now Pakistan has to decide how he want to design its regional policies and strategies receiving such open invitation.

India itself candidate for SCO membership so entering in SCO India can enhance its ties with Russians, with Chinese in economical and resolving territorial disputes finding this forum and also with Pakistan in seek of resolving issues same like with China. I don't say that SCO will change situation magically but at least Russia, China, Pakistan & India got chance get to gather on single forum to improve regional political & security matters. We shouldn't ignore that SCO is almost ASIA.

First of all a very nice and balance post.
But I would like you to ask how is Pak so important to Russians ?? And why would they risk their relationship with India from which it is making so many profits and will continue to do in the future(these are the words of some Pak members that Russians are angry with Indians) ??So thought that I may ask you this.

i doubt he was playing to the gallery.

pakistan is more valuable geostrategically than india.
this is much more important.

Can you plz throw a little light on the bolded part like HOW??

Surely you joke?

It makes no difference whether India is in SCO or not.

India is a low to mid level tech country that only has a relatively large trading base.

It has no strategic value at all.
If India does not join it will be the odd man of Asia. If it does, it will upset the us. The choice is India's but it will have to decide.

It's irrelevant because India is of no strategic value at all.

These guyz out here call a think tank :woot: I doubt you can even think.
Plz tell me what makes a country a strategic value??

i'm amused at how little Indians know about Pakistan's geostrategic importance, especially to Russia.

Enlighten us ... What else caused the USSR to get errr de unionized ?

arms race , slowing down of economy , huge aid to its allies ,

the soviet economy was dependent on very huge amount of work and extra labour done by work force in 1930s,1940s.

in 1930s Stalin restricted consumption and saved huge amount of money.

this money was invested in heavy industries.

as i said earlier soviet economy was dependent on very huge amount of work and extra labour done by work force in 1930s,1940s.

by 1970s this advantage came to end.

newer methods of production would have given hand to soviet economy but soviets didn't do it.

they also kept giving financial aid and spending too much on defense till 1985.

this severely weakened economy and Gorbachev's glasnost was final straw.

u can't even troll properly.....

Don't worry he'll learn with time :) its just 3 months he has joined here

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

i'm amused at how little Indians know about Pakistan's geostrategic importance, especially to Russia.

You still had'nt answered me Mr Think Tank ,should I consider you don't have one??

The Malacca Straits are not controlled by India. They are controlled by Malayasia, Indonesia, Singapore. What you're saying is the same as saying Brazil controls the Persian Gulf.

If you have even a basic understanding of geography you would know that to enter Malaccas a ship has to pass though the Andaman 'tollgate' which is India's biggest Triservice command.

But then......

lol...this thread is still going on!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....let them have their good moments....lol

We sure will but what is keeping you Indians here. I see more Indians replying than the Pakistanis. LOL

Back
Top Bottom