What's new

Pakistan is rebounding: Washington Post

Yes. Army and General Raheel Sharif doing excellent job.

However, even if you were correct that the active military leaders were behind the 'coup' then I don't think giving up some foreign policy matters to the military was/is too bad of a 'concession': The economy has to be fixed and security situation has to be improved first. Maybe cutting NS's few wings off wasn't too bad a bargain for Pakistan.

You are entitled to your views, of course, and it is okay you disagree with me, but I will admit that your point about this not being too bad of a bargain for Pakistan may be correct, given the situation within the country. I will also admit that improving security is likely to pay good dividends in improving the economic situation as well, another important area that Pakistan is lagging abysmally in, despite claims to the contrary.

However, these are short term gains, the likes of which we have seen many times in the past. As always is the case, there can be no substitute for proper systems of governance and institutional interplay according to the Constitution, in the long term.

For example, appointing an ex-DG ISPR as the UK Ambassador? Not good. :D

Last edited:
If there is peace in Pakistan is thanks to our Army and General Raheel Sharif and not Nawah Sharif
No doubt that our army is doing an excellent job but alone army can not makes things better. Civilian support is necessary which army is having at the moment now.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom