What's new

Pakistan Is Not A Failed State

80% of indians live on less than half a dollar a day, does that make india a failed state??? A lot of developing countries have problems, we are definitely not a failed state. lol.

Many people (including bharatis) have absolutely no idea what a failed state is or what this list means. Just because Pakistan is in top 10, they start to believe that Pakistan is a failed state. Hello, every ******* state is on the list. Does that mean each of them is failed? What the list basically contains is state that are failed, states that are close to failing, state that may fail in the future, states that are not failed and are unlikely to fail, and etc, in that order. Just because you're on the list or near the top, it does not mean you're failed.

And the list that comes out each year is not impartial. The makers of the list themselves say that they use media articles to derive those rankings. Media articles are always biased, and in cases of some countries such as Pakistan, they are biased even more. Look at the rankings objectively and see if some countries that are below Pakistan need to be above Pakistan. There's quite a few countries like that. Furthermore, the definition and standards used for judging whether a state is failed by this group is not the same as the real, defined standards.

I mean they rank China around 50 and India around 90. WTF?

Last edited:
Failed state and Pakistan?

Its forbidden to use in the same sentence :D

Yes if peace is restored, we shall see Pakistan among the most prospering nations of the world :D

It is just a perception issue. Pakistan is much better than it is portrayed to be. There is of course anarchy and lawless in parts. But so does India. I don't think these lists should be taken serious.

I mean they rank China around 50 and India around 90. WTF?

This "failed state ranking" is such crap. Who is gaining anything out of this? Just so some retards can go around saying "HURR DURR YOUR COUNTRY IS FAILED HERP DERP"

Such agenda-motivated crap is being used as sources in debates and arguments? Honestly.

Why does this even exist? Who is gaining what knowledge out of this?

There is absolutely NOTHING being learned from this. In fact, I bet it makes people stupider.

This "failed state ranking" is such crap. Who is gaining anything out of this? Just so some retards can go around saying "HURR DURR YOUR COUNTRY IS FAILED HERP DERP"

Such agenda-motivated crap is being used as sources in debates and arguments? Honestly.

Why does this even exist? Who is gaining what knowledge out of this?

There is absolutely NOTHING being learned from this. In fact, I bet it makes people stupider.

Well if it helps, I always see people from WEST taking these lists (and any other published lists similar to these) with a grain of salt but Indians tend to take it (and pretty much any other published list) like they're empirical. It's like... if it's on the list, it must be 100% accurate and if you don't believe it then you must have some problems. No offense to the more intellectual Indians, but some Indians are some of the most overly simplistic people I come across. No iota of critical thinking.

And yeah, as far as this list and its accuracy is concerned, I already discussed in my previous post. It has some serious questions surrounding it as far as accuracy is concerned.

Last edited:
Yes if peace is restored, we shall see Pakistan among the most prospering nations of the world :D

Absolutely right. :tup:

Pakistan has enormous potential for economic development... potential that is being suffocated by the current ongoing war. That needs to be sorted out.

Also, I don't trust these "failed state" rankings. The way they assign weight to the indicators is just too subjective.

I assume Failed state means the functioning goverment not as the whole country or its people.

^ Yes, but those who make the list have added a whole lot of factors that are really irrelevant to whether the state is failed or not.

And besides that, a far bigger problem with their list is that, by their own admission, they use thousands of media articles to derive the rankings. Media articles are problematic as western media tries to portray certain countries in a monotonous way, even though their portrayal might be extremely inaccurate when compared with the ground reality. What they're measuring is really the perception of the strength of the state. Which could explain why China, Pakistan (maybe Iran too?) are placed where they shouldn't be.

Now if you were to read the western media around early 2009, you'd have heard the western media talking about Pakistan collapsing and being taken over by extremists since extremists had just taken over Swat. But Pakistanis knew that the ground reality was quite different and that western media was mostly spouting crap. However, the ground reality would've not counted in the rankings and the grossly exaggerated and incorrect assessments of western media would've had a fair affect on the rankings.

Last edited:
Also, I don't trust these "failed state" rankings. The way they assign weight to the indicators is just too subjective.

What if china was listed there?

What if china was listed there?

The whole idea is just completely subjective. These indicators cannot be measured quantitatively, only qualitatively which is inherently subjective.

For example, how are you supposed to quantitatively measure this indicator: "Legacy of vengeance-seeking group grievance"? It's not something that you can just put a number on.

IF China was listed there, I wouldn't really care, for the reasons above. I'm not sure what that question has to do with the topic though.

Failed States List 2010

177 states were included in the list, of which 37 were classified as "alert", 92 as "warning", 35 as "moderate", 13 as "sustainable". The worst 20 states are shown below.

1. Somalia (0)
2. Chad (+2)
3. Sudan (0)
4. Zimbabwe (-2)
5. Democratic Republic of the Congo (0)
6. Afghanistan (+1)
7. Iraq (-1)
8. Central African Republic (0)
9. Guinea (0)
10. Pakistan (0)
11. Haiti (+1)
12. Côte d'Ivoire (-1)
13. Kenya (+1)
14. Nigeria (+1)
15. Yemen (+4)
16. Burma (-3)
17. Ethiopia (-1)
18. Timor-Leste (+2)
19. North Korea (-2)
19. Niger (+4)

If guinea, somalia, sudan are failed states, then Pakistan too is...

bwahahahaha so if tomorrow Somalia and Sudan are said to be most successful will you also take up the criteria for us?

anyway we dont need certificate from anyone we know its only Pakistan that is still standing up despite the fact that the half of the world militaries are on our borders, half of the world's big and lethal spying agencies are roaming in Pakistan doing all kinds of anti-Pakistan activities, with a most hypocrite enemy aka India damaging Pakistan even doing propaganda in sports, with facing one of the most dangerous terrorism, with deadly earthquake and deadly floods, bringing our economy to ground, with all this we still managed to stand up and despite such a lethal psy-ops by anti-Pakistan goons.

we still manage to exert our clout :pakistan:

India was crying loud over a small patakha and we face daily lethal bombing imagine where will India stand if you get one suicide bombing daily.

What is the number of people do not have toilet in Pakistan? I think the percentage will be more in Pakistan than India. But I don't think they considered toilet as an indicator of failed state ranking! lol :no:

:p:P dont do so much exaggeration

What is the number of people do not have toilet in Pakistan? I think the percentage will be more in Pakistan than India.

I think i read somehwere Pakistan has made better improvements when it comes to providing sanitary facilities and blunt open defecation in rural areas, they"ve made awareness for usage of dug up toilets,though not entirely hygienic,but certainly better than open defecation.

But I don't think they considered toilet as an indicator of failed state ranking! lol :no:

Thats one part of many factors that impact,though small,but still it is one part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom