What's new

Pakistan indecisive on attending democracy summit

We are thankful to the United States for inviting Pakistan for participation in the Summit for Democracy, being held virtually on 9-10 December 2021.

Pakistan is a large functional democracy with an independent judiciary, vibrant civil society, and a free media. We remain deeply committed to further deepening democracy, fighting corruption, and protecting and promoting human rights of all citizens. In recent years, Pakistan has instituted wide-ranging reforms aimed at advancing these goals. These reforms have yielded positive results.

We value our partnership with the U.S. which we wish to expand both bilaterally as well as in terms of regional and international cooperation. We remain in contact with the U.S. on a range of issues and believe that we can engage on this subject at an opportune time in the future.

Pakistan will, meanwhile, continue to support all efforts aimed towards strengthening dialogue, constructive engagement, and international cooperation for the advancement of our shared goals.

Islamabad

08 December 2021

616/2021

1638982985429.png

Last edited:

We are thankful to the United States for inviting Pakistan for participation in the Summit for Democracy, being held virtually on 9-10 December 2021.

Pakistan is a large functional democracy with an independent judiciary, vibrant civil society, and a free media. We remain deeply committed to further deepening democracy, fighting corruption, and protecting and promoting human rights of all citizens. In recent years, Pakistan has instituted wide-ranging reforms aimed at advancing these goals. These reforms have yielded positive results.

We value our partnership with the U.S. which we wish to expand both bilaterally as well as in terms of regional and international cooperation. We remain in contact with the U.S. on a range of issues and believe that we can engage on this subject at an opportune time in the future.

Pakistan will, meanwhile, continue to support all efforts aimed towards strengthening dialogue, constructive engagement, and international cooperation for the advancement of our shared goals.

Islamabad

08 December 2021

616/2021

View attachment 799713
Wao

Bro I guess this camp might have a broader sense, let's not forget "US foes" like Russia, Turkey, Iran and NK are obviously excluded from the meeting. Even "neutrals" like Bangladesh, CAS or "US allies" like KSA/GCC, Egypt, Singapore, Thailand, Jordan are not invited by Biden admin. These are some countries that have close if not critical ties with Pakistan/China.

Last edited:
That is because all your bureaucrats their kids are studying abroad, including judges and the uniformed personnel too\, After retirement that is that is their next destination, Hence, the indecisiveness in making the decision.
Hell our Ex Pm ( kaqan chhor abbasi ) gladly pulled down his pants for security check up in USA, In Pakistan they wall like their Gods but puling their pants down in front of Airport security is acceptable to them
Pakistan should have protested when the pm was checked at airport , the airport security indeed took it too far. Though I am not a big fan of pakistan ,the incident boils my blood on the arrogance of US.

I thought Pak government would've attended this virtual meeting as a diplomatic gesture, and I guess no Chinese will have slightest hard feeling at all. To be frank this response is quite a surprise, my respect to Pak government!

Pakistan is being economically choked by USA (via IMF, FATF and Afghanistan - no banks can transact to Afghanistan so cash dollars are flowing out from Pakistan to Afghanistan causing rupee to devalue further) .. we are waiting to see what the Iron Brother is going to do.

Given they shitty way that the USA has been treating Pakistan - a poke in the eye for the USA is about right now and deserved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom