What's new

Pakistan in talks for J-10 & have ordered KJ 2000?

Which Fighter is best for Pakistan to counter Rafale J-10B/C or J-11D ?

• J-10B/C

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • J-11D

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have limited approach and budget. We have less sea shore to cover compared to India. More over we only want our navy to be strong enough to save our shores from Indian navy. After the delivery of 8 new subs navy will also play a plus role of second strike capability. nothing else.
and yes for countering Indian air craft carriers we need to arm our navy with air crafts too.
Since we don't have any air craft carrier so we don't need naval variants of air crafts
. Could be Blk 2 Jf17 or J10b. and 36 of them atleast for our poor navy...................
So, when your enemy is 10 times stronger then you. Then there is no point to judge that our sea shores are small or large.
just you have to compete with it..

Pakistan can confirm the order of 36 J-10B and start assembly in Pakistan.

----------

Off topic:

Your signature in Urdu has spelling mistakes:

بات تمیز سے اور اتراز دلیل سے کارو

It should be
بات تمیز سے اور اعتراض دلیل سے کرو

Last edited:
We have limited approach and budget. We have less sea shore to cover compared to India. More over we only want our navy to be strong enough to save our shores from Indian navy. After the delivery of 8 new subs navy will also play a plus role of second strike capability. nothing else.
and yes for countering Indian air craft carriers we need to arm our navy with air crafts too.
Since we don't have any air craft carrier so we don't need naval variants of air crafts. Could be Blk 2 Jf17 or J10b. and 36 of them atleast for our poor navy...................
It seems as you do not know how navy works. Historically Submarines have been an attack platform and are most feared by the surface ships.

Aircraft and anti sub platforms play an important part in detecting these hidden targets. So PN is going to induct these so that they can effectively counter any threats from the enemy Sub's.

Pakistan's Naval Aviation would also be a threat to the enemy when the ATR's, P3-C Orion and JF-17's combine with the surface force.

Pakistan can confirm the order of 36 J-10B and start assembly in Pakistan.

Off topic:

Your signature in Urdu has spelling mistakes:

بات تمیز سے اور اتراز دلیل سے کارو

It should be
بات تمیز سے اور اعتراض دلیل سے کرو
If Pakistan does go after J-10B then it would not be of 36 only it would be in a bigger number as they are of similar price to what JF-17bk2 is.

If Pakistan does go after J-10B then it would not be of 36 only it would be in a bigger number as they are of similar price to what JF-17bk2 is.

I hope Pakistan gets first 36 J-10B in fly condition and another 62 to be assembled in Pakistan.

Last edited:
I meant to say that Pakistan should get 36 in fly condition and have 62 assembled in Pakistan. Its my opinion and not a fact.
If PN requires any other platform than JF-17 then it must be J-16 with the capability to land on an Aircraft Carrier. Though Pakistan would not operate one but it could use a Chinese one to effectively control and patrol the area.

If PN requires any other platform than JF-17 then it must be J-16 with the capability to land on an Aircraft Carrier. Though Pakistan would not operate one but it could use a Chinese one to effectively control and patrol the area.

J-16 is good option for Pakistan Navy and the PNS Naval Air Bases at Karachi (Mehran), Turbat and Pasni could defend our ocean routes.

It seems as you do not know how navy works. Historically Submarines have been an attack platform and are most feared by the surface ships.

Aircraft and anti sub platforms play an important part in detecting these hidden targets. So PN is going to induct these so that they can effectively counter any threats from the enemy Sub's.

Pakistan's Naval Aviation would also be a threat to the enemy when the ATR's, P3-C Orion and JF-17's combine with the surface force.

yeah I don't know much about navy :cuckoo:
But atleast know what r its responsibilities and what r its expectations.
also we do have ''sub kilsl'' only in past but now our navy lags behind Indian navy both in quality and quantity, and both in case of surface and under surface sea battle. reason behind is also our strategical position and geological limitations. we cannot do very much against India now. I mean now I do not expect from our navy to go to Indian seas after beating them and bomb their ports. we r too defensive in case of navy sadly :cry:

J-16 is good option for Pakistan Navy and the PNS Naval Air Bases at Karachi (Mehran), Turbat and Pasni could defend our ocean routes.
we will not induct any twin engine aircraft in near future................... J10b is only possible option
no J11b or J16................. and why we need a carrier based jet?

we will not induct any twin engine aircraft in near future

Is it written PAF charter that only one engine fighter will be operated ? Is it a theological issue ? No flexibility, no adopting to new technological or geopolitical situations ?

Pak should get J10 Bs for PAF not for naval roles and should try to get J16s at least one squadron of 18 planes for specialized naval strike roles. However for naval defense they should use JF17 block II.
(It is also important factor that even China has J16 in limited numbers so Pak will have to wait for some Years even after an agreement is signed. Further they will be relatively expensive to handle)

Is it written PAF charter that only one engine fighter will be operated
hey its my statement. u cannot copy and throw it on me like that :no:
and we all know Pakistan has always operated single engine air craft. and J31 is likely to be ur first twin engine air craft.
J16 is big heavy and expensive. we can buy couple of J10b instead of few J16 which are very unlikely to join

Pak should get J10 Bs for PAF not for naval roles and should try to get J16s at least one squadron of 18 planes for specialized naval strike roles. However for naval defense they should use JF17 block II.
(It is also important factor that even China has J16 in limited numbers so Pak will have to wait for some Years even after an agreement is signed. Further they will be relatively expensive to handle)
why J16 is so necessary for Pakistan? their is minor chance of J10b and for J16? no way ................
I agree that J16 has much more range but range is not the only deciding factor.

yeah I don't know much about navy :cuckoo:
But atleast know what r its responsibilities and what r its expectations.
also we do have ''sub kilsl'' only in past but now our navy lags behind Indian navy both in quality and quantity, and both in case of surface and under surface sea battle. reason behind is also our strategical position and geological limitations. we cannot do very much against India now. I mean now I do not expect from our navy to go to Indian seas after beating them and bomb their ports. we r too defensive in case of navy sadly :cry:

we will not induct any twin engine aircraft in near future................... J10b is only possible option

Its so funny on one side you are saying
I mean now I do not expect from our navy to go to Indian seas after beating them and bomb their ports. we r too defensive in case of navy sadly :cry:

Yet on the other hand you are saying

Please explain how is PN going to get offensive in your own opinion.

The Indian Navy is developing more aircraft carriers and carrier based aircraft and yet Pakistan Navy is thinking of only adding a single engine J-10b which is also limited in weapons payload capability then what other delta winged aircraft carry today. Please also comment on a suitable option.

Why would we require a carrier based jet?
It was initiated by me that PN should opt for a jet that can land on an aircraft carrier. PN would not operate aircraft carries but these aircraft could land on Chinese aircraft carriers in case of joint petrol which would increase over the years.

There is an option that PN could procure refueling aircraft and they would be able to extend the flight time.

The above mentioned tactic is possible if these are land based assets.

Not so unlikely as Pak will not be able to use J31 for multiple tasks so jet like J16 with some stealth and properly build for naval role is much better option considering India's plans to use Sukhois in naval role along with other upgraded jets.

Its so funny on one side you are saying
I mean now I do not expect from our navy to go to Indian seas after beating them and bomb their ports. we r too defensive in case of navy sadly :cry:

Yet on the other hand you are saying

Please explain how is PN going to get offensive in your own opinion.

The Indian Navy is developing more aircraft carriers and carrier based aircraft and yet Pakistan Navy is thinking of only adding a single engine J-10b which is also limited in weapons payload capability then what other delta winged aircraft carry today. Please also comment on a suitable option.

Why would we require a carrier based jet?
It was initiated by me that PN should opt for a jet that can land on an aircraft carrier. PN would not operate aircraft carries but these aircraft could land on Chinese aircraft carriers in case of joint petrol which would increase over the years.

There is an option that PN could procure refueling aircraft and they would be able to extend the flight time.

The above mentioned tactic is possible if these are land based assets.
both are harsh facts............ our navy will not induct any sophisticated aircraft as long as our air force is thirsty.
and IN operates Mig29K and few harriers, naval varient of Tejas will be deployed soon. and PN need J16 to beat them? don't u think we will be kind of over doing in aerial battle? J10 can beat all of them.
and reason behind J10b selection is its similarities with our thunders and falcons. J16 is entirely different plate form............ and money is the most important thing to count too. and we don't have much. particularly for navy? nah

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom