What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

no first one will be delivered in 54 months from now than after 6 months another one (i.e. 60 months as of today) and so on
I guess all of them are not starting at the same time rather work will commence on the next ship after a gap of some months but the total time for each ship should remain the same if they are identical. However if each one has different configuration and subsystems, then it may take different duration.

I highly doubt TOT...we claimed for Augusta subs but when contract end we never build any one Augusta even no indigenous...ask why? because all tech imported, engineers were French ...only low key engineers and workers were Pakistanis....same thing going to be happen with Milgem.

The only time TOT becomes useful is when there is joint development from concept to end-product. Anything else is useless. If Pakistan wants to develop Know-How they should get onto projects from start, not from end.

no first one will be delivered in 54 months from now than after 6 months another one (i.e. 60 months as of today) and so on
So according to that, we will have all four 72 months from now!

Many sources implied that Pakistan will get Milgem with VLS but I don’t know what has been changed during negotiations, maybe money factor. It is not that difficult to provide a ship which is similar to Istanbul class in terms of mission profile but I think Milgem corvette without VLS is what PN required for their threat perception. If There is a seperate deal with China for VL SAM to integrate to a new platform, We can feed our hopes to see a Milgem with VLS in PN but current direction of deal sheding light to classic variant of Milgem.

DA0FDFEB-42B2-4E71-85FE-E6FA03AE621D.jpeg

2 ships to be build by ASFAT (military shipyard) in Turkey
+
2 ships to be build by Karachi shipyard in Pakistan

source :waff

The construction work is too slow. This is where China is truly the champ. China has the ability to build such vessels in months if not days.

In the PN the MILGEM Ada will basically serve in a similar role to the F-22P - i.e. AShW and ASW.

The Type 054A is the AAW asset.

So the PN will have the capacity to raise four 3-ship flotillas, each with 1 Type 054A (AAW, ASW and AShW) + 2 F-22P or MILGEM (ASW/AShW). You could add Azmat FACs into those as well for further offensive capability.

In the end, it's about A2/AD, not sea-control.

So I expect every PN surface asset to operate in close proximity with the 054A, with the 054A offering AAW umbrella while the smaller ships (e.g. F-22P, MILGEM and Azmat) fire long-range AShM (covering the extent of Pakistan's EEZ, but from within a safety zone covered by the 054A + ZDK03 + JF-17).

So total orders all within last year or so
1. 4x 054a
2. 4x Ada
3. 2x opv
4. 1 x tanker
5. 6 x mp vessels / crafts
6. 8 x subs
7 . Various aircrafts
8. Not sure but 2x USA based ships might be replaced by ??
9. 4x azmat class
10 marines upgraded brigade plus and new craft
11 midget subs replacement program

I think most important stuff still missing

1 elect non corrupt

2 work on human development and economy cepec etc

Otherwise these hardware is of no use ;)

Many sources implied that Pakistan will get Milgem with VLS but I don’t know what has been changed during negotiations, maybe money factor. It is not that difficult to provide a ship which is similar to Istanbul class in terms of mission profile but I think Milgem corvette without VLS is what PN required for their threat perception. If There is a seperate deal with China for VL SAM to integrate to a new platform, We can feed our hopes to see a Milgem with VLS in PN but current direction of deal sheding light to classic variant of Milgem.

View attachment 484485

Yes bro if the cost is $250mil per ship, there is no way it'll be extended version (I-Class) with VLS... Perhaps in the future Pakistan can go for STM variant being offered to Brazil or I-Class, the interoperability with similar equipment would be advantageous to maintenance and training.

In the PN the MILGEM Ada will basically serve in a similar role to the F-22P - i.e. AShW and ASW.

The Type 054A is the AAW asset.

So the PN will have the capacity to raise four 3-ship flotillas, each with 1 Type 054A (AAW, ASW and AShW) + 2 F-22P or MILGEM (ASW/AShW). You could add Azmat FACs into those as well for further offensive capability.

In the end, it's about A2/AD, not sea-control.

So I expect every PN surface asset to operate in close proximity with the 054A, with the 054A offering AAW umbrella while the smaller ships (e.g. F-22P, MILGEM and Azmat) fire long-range AShM (covering the extent of Pakistan's EEZ, but from within a safety zone covered by the 054A + ZDK03 + JF-17).

There is an interesting note given by aome sources with a reference to Pakistani Officer.

-Deal contains delivery of some technology and rights of Milgem.
-Fourth Milgem will be redesigned as “frigate” by Turk and Pakistani engineers and Fourth ship will be the first ship which is designed/developed by Pakistan.

That makes perfect sense now.

How much extra benefit it will provide compare to type 22p frigate unless it kept basic version . I think I-class with VLS would be value for money giving both anti submarine as well as ASW capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom