What's new

Pakistan hits 1 million daily vaccinations milestone: Asad Umar

does this mean that 1 million Pakistanis have been vaccinated so far or does this mean that the RATE of vaccinations has reached 1 million per day?

does this mean that 1 million Pakistanis have been vaccinated so far or does this mean that the RATE of vaccinations has reached 1 million per day?

1 million+ doses administered in a day.
Out of which, 937K got their first dose, while 201K got their 2nd dose.
Mind you, we also administer single dose vaccine called CanSinoBio which is considered as just 1st dose only(booster shot might be available later on in the year). So, our 'fully vaccinated' are higher than 6.9 million. (around 2-3 million single dose vaccine has been administered, I think).

PKvaccineStats.jpg

This is great news, made my day

But need to up the rate to around 2 million

937K got their 1st dose. Around 90% would be coming back to get their 2nd dose in 3-4 weeks as most of our vaccines are double dose ones. Add to that the momentum of new people showing up for vaccination. In other words, we will be reaching 2 million doses per day mark in less than a month.

Last edited:
As a comparison here are 1st dose figures(to nearest thousand) for BD over the previous 24 hour period:

1. Sinopharm - 217,000
2. Moderna - 82,000
3. Pfizer - 50,000

The stocks of AstraZeneca currently in hand will be used to give to the 1.5 million that are waiting for their 2nd dose after India stopped supply of the vaccine a few months ago.

Last edited:
1.15 million jabs given yesterday in Pakistan and it is between 800K to 1 million for the last one month.
As a comparison here are 1st dose figures(to nearest thousand) for BD over the previous 24 hour period:

1. Sinopharm - 217,000
2. Moderna - 82,000
3. Pfizer - 50,000

The stocks of AstraZeneca currently in hand will be used to give to the 1.5 million that are waiting for their 2nd dose after India stopped supply of the vaccine a few months ago.
good to see Bangladesh have started vaccinating people.

i hope now Bangladeshis learn hard way ho to trust as a reliable partner and friend, mostly Chinese and US has power to provide vaccines to other countries US prefers own people over all others while Chinese provide help to others as well.

nothing to say about Hasina best friend Indians :lol:

Last edited:
1.15 million jabs given yesterday in Pakistan and it is between 800K to 1 million for the last one month.

good to see Bangladesh have started vaccinating people.

i hope now Bangladeshis learn hard way ho to trust as a reliable partner and friend, mostly Chinese and US has power to provide vaccines to other countries US prefers own people over all others while Chinese provide help to others as well.

nothing to say about Hasina best friend Indians :lol:

Around 15 million jabs delivered so far.

BD government has plan to deliver 10 million a week soon and so the programme is really getting back on track. China so far is contracted to deliver 30 million Sinopharm vaccines and the US has pledged to deliver as many Pfizer/Moderna as BD needs to fight the pandemic.

Modi is a totally incompetent and immoral turd - I look at it as a good thing as it makes the pro-India forces in BD weaker and that can only be a good thing.

BD has no real need anymore of the 23 million AstraZenca jabs that India should have but failed to deliver by end of July.

In Pakistan, you're tagged vaccinated, before you even enter the vaccination room.
Because I travel all lot and work with Public Health Units I can tell you that is the case in all lot of western states also --- helps to cut down on processing times....
They will take your personal details & have you sign off on the document. Once that has been done and you await your turn, system gets updated that dose was administered.

Once dose has actually been administered, person is handed the complete paper...

Around 15 million jabs delivered so far.

BD government has plan to deliver 10 million a week soon and so the programme is really getting back on track. China so far is contracted to deliver 30 million Sinopharm vaccines and the US has pledged to deliver as many Pfizer/Moderna as BD needs to fight the pandemic.

Modi is a totally incompetent and immoral turd - I look at it as a good thing as it makes the pro-India forces in BD weaker and that can only be a good thing.

BD has no real need anymore of the 23 million AstraZenca jabs that India should have but failed to deliver by end of July.
It would be great to administer 10m doses in a week, but not sure how they can advertise that before it happens? It's a tough number to hit so they should hit the number first.

it is to vaccinate 40% eligible population in all big cities.
Suppose even if we take 40% of entire eligible population that’s about 40-45 million. And we have already reached 35mil (at least one dose). So why would we need 5mil jabs per day till the month end to reach the target? If I am not wrong, even if we average 1-1.2mil a day we are on our way to shoot beyond the target.

Because I travel all lot and work with Public Health Units I can tell you that is the case in all lot of western states also --- helps to cut down on processing times....
They will take your personal details & have you sign off on the document. Once that has been done and you await your turn, system gets updated that dose was administered.

Once dose has actually been administered, person is handed the complete paper...

Something like this was happening in Expo Lahore, also because when people enter the vaccination hall, they can't leave without handing back the paper. Compared to that, in PKLI I witnessed that the paper was handed over to the person and he could just go out of the center, and his cnic will be tagged and he can just download the certificate later.
This is great news, made my day

But need to up the rate to around 2 million

They'd be a minuscule amount of people

Who drives all the way, wastes his time and than not get vaccinated?

Thier might be some people but a very very very small minority

For the certificate, mate. But I agree, these people are in minority.

Good job. The eventual challenge with vaccination becomes sustaining high levels of daily vaccinations, the rate eventually slows down everywhere. And in the medium term, you go from having to find vaccines that are not enough to cover all takers, to finding enough takers by promoting vaccine drives, despite a decent amount of supply.

Back
Top Bottom