What's new

Pakistan helped evolve UAE armed forces, says consul-general By Press ReleasePubli

@Yzd Khalifa , @Aeronaut , Check this out :

DUBAI: China details performance of 'carrier killer' missile for JF-17
By: Stephen Trimble Dubai
02:47 19 Nov 2013
Source:

Chinese aerospace giant AVIC has quietly advertised critical details about the accuracy and performance of a secretive project to develop a supersonic cruise missile reportedly dubbed an “aircraft carrier killer” by the launch customer.

A full list of specifications for the CM-400AKG missile was played on a loop inside the AVIC exhibit stand at the Dubai air show; a marketing venue for the JF-17 fighter jointly developed between China and Pakistan - the latter of which operates the type as the "Thunder".

getasset.aspx

Pakistan air force

News reports have indicated the CM-400 has entered service with the Pakistan air force. The AVIC video notes vaguely that the 910kg (2,000lb) weapon “can be carried by JF-17, etc”. It is usually compared with the Indian/Russian Brahmos high-speed cruise missile.

For the first time, the AVIC video details claims for the accuracy of each of the CM-400’s three major guidance systems, starting with a 50m (164ft) circular error probable (CEP) for an inertial navigation system coupled with satellite positioning. A weapon's CEP is defined as the 50% probability that it will hit within a given radius of the target’s position.

The accuracy of the CM-400 improves by an order of magnitude - to a CEP of 5m - when an onboard infrared (IR)/TV seeker activates to provide terminal guidance. The list also claims that the CEP of the weapon actually worsens to 5-10m when an IR/TV seeker is supplemented by a passive radar during the terminal phase. It is not clear why the passive radar – identified as occupying the L, S and X bands of the electromagnetic spectrum – would not improve the CM-400’s accuracy.

AVIC lists the 0.4m-diameter missile as having a range of between 54-130nm (100-240km), while carrying either a 150kg blast warhead or 200kg penetration warhead.

A list of system features appears to confirm an unusual characteristic associated with the CM-400. Unlike most high-speed cruise missiles, which fly at low altitude to avoid detection, the CM-400 uses “high [altitude] launching” to achieve “higher aircraft survivability”, according to the video.

A fighter such as the Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 would launch the missile at speeds between Mach 0.7 and M0.9 at an elevation between 26,200ft and 39,400ft, according to the AVIC specifications.

Here are some videos on the JF-17 in Dubai.

It literarily stole the show :lol:

This was a few years ago

This was this year

This is a report on the JF-17, Saudi TV

@Aeronaut

@Yzd Khalifa , @Aeronaut , Check this out :

By: Stephen Trimble Dubai
02:47 19 Nov 2013
Source:

Chinese aerospace giant AVIC has quietly advertised critical details about the accuracy and performance of a secretive project to develop a supersonic cruise missile reportedly dubbed an “aircraft carrier killer” by the launch customer.

A full list of specifications for the CM-400AKG missile was played on a loop inside the AVIC exhibit stand at the Dubai air show; a marketing venue for the JF-17 fighter jointly developed between China and Pakistan - the latter of which operates the type as the "Thunder".

getasset.aspx

Pakistan air force

News reports have indicated the CM-400 has entered service with the Pakistan air force. The AVIC video notes vaguely that the 910kg (2,000lb) weapon “can be carried by JF-17, etc”. It is usually compared with the Indian/Russian Brahmos high-speed cruise missile.

For the first time, the AVIC video details claims for the accuracy of each of the CM-400’s three major guidance systems, starting with a 50m (164ft) circular error probable (CEP) for an inertial navigation system coupled with satellite positioning. A weapon's CEP is defined as the 50% probability that it will hit within a given radius of the target’s position.

The accuracy of the CM-400 improves by an order of magnitude - to a CEP of 5m - when an onboard infrared (IR)/TV seeker activates to provide terminal guidance. The list also claims that the CEP of the weapon actually worsens to 5-10m when an IR/TV seeker is supplemented by a passive radar during the terminal phase. It is not clear why the passive radar – identified as occupying the L, S and X bands of the electromagnetic spectrum – would not improve the CM-400’s accuracy.

AVIC lists the 0.4m-diameter missile as having a range of between 54-130nm (100-240km), while carrying either a 150kg blast warhead or 200kg penetration warhead.

A list of system features appears to confirm an unusual characteristic associated with the CM-400. Unlike most high-speed cruise missiles, which fly at low altitude to avoid detection, the CM-400 uses “high [altitude] launching” to achieve “higher aircraft survivability”, according to the video.

A fighter such as the Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 would launch the missile at speeds between Mach 0.7 and M0.9 at an elevation between 26,200ft and 39,400ft, according to the AVIC specifications.

yes and we got them so deep inside us that now they are interfering; no causing problems; in our internal issues. long live brotherhood

Pakistan Air Force Helped set up UAE Air Force. There first Pilot Ahmed Khamis was a term junior to me at the PAF Academy, Risalpur. I am sure similar help was given by PA and PN, the other two arms of Pakistan Armed Forces.

Even Emirates was set up by PIA.

I had a lot of UAE cadets training with me in the Naval Academy along time back.

Yes we have helped them built their forces I have only one question the Forces of UAE are they mostly arabs or other nationals and by the way if Saudi Arabia helps we should go for Mirage 2000 from UAE or even UAE can help us in that by some delaying payments it would be good boost to our Air Force and we need cash and have to arrange it by any means possible we need to increase our Navy and Air Force and time is running out @Yzd Khalifa @Aeronaut @Pakistanisage

They're Arabs of course.
Yes we have helped them built their forces I have only one question the Forces of UAE are they mostly arabs or other nationals and by the way if Saudi Arabia helps we should go for Mirage 2000 from UAE or even UAE can help us in that by some delaying payments it would be good boost to our Air Force and we need cash and have to arrange it by any means possible we need to increase our Navy and Air Force and time is running out @Yzd Khalifa @Aeronaut @Pakistanisage

Idk, the guys here said that the PN is going to get the new block of JF-17.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, we never no(ed) anything Pakistan wants :pakistan:

I had a lot of UAE cadets training with me in the Naval Academy along time back.

Rashid, are a serving Officer from Pak Navy ?

If not , how long did you serve ?

We need some Naval Analyst on PDF to advise us.

yes and we got them so deep inside us that now they are interfering; no causing problems; in our internal issues. long live brotherhood

Give it a rest, Pal......

Rashid, are a serving Officer from Pak Navy ?

If not , how long did you serve ?

We need some Naval Analyst on PDF to advise us.

Give it a rest, Pal......

if that makes you sleep better i will give it
I dont think there is any other nation on this planet whose people are so gullible they put the interest of other countries before their own interest. maybe you dont read but UAE is interfering in Baluchistan according to our intelligance agencies.

Pakistan Air Force Helped set up UAE Air Force. There first Pilot Ahmed Khamis was a term junior to me at the PAF Academy, Risalpur. I am sure similar help was given by PA and PN, the other two arms of Pakistan Armed Forces.

Even Emirates was set up by PIA.

Late Ahmed Khamis Al Hamli احمد خميس الهاملي

Pakistan also made Emirates Airlines, Pakistani top spy Shuja Pasha was regional head of UAE Intelligence, hundreds of Pak pilots fly UAE jets, train them.

Pakistan has done so much for UAE.

Back
Top Bottom