What's new

Pakistan helped evolve UAE armed forces, says consul-general By Press ReleasePubli

Actually, 30 out of the 69 Mirage 2000s the UAE has are relatively newly built which means all what they may need is a minor upgrade on them, while a major upgrade may be needed for the rest - even thought the rest was also modernized but the PAF might need to re-customize it a bit further -

That is a good point. The only reason Pakistan could not get the UAE Mirages was the price and the PAF Budget. Those Mirage 2000s are useless for UAE Air Force because they have State of the Art F-16 E/F's. They have not bothered to upgrade those Mirage 2000's because they want to unload them. Upgraded Mirage 2000's can be brought to 4.5 Generation standards. I think it is a Robust and Proven Platform that could be very useful for Pakistan Air Force.

Did you read the article the article " Pakistan's Amazing Mirages " and how Pakistani Aeronautical Engineers were able to have them upgraded and kept them going by buying extra Mirage III's for spare parts and making Pakistan the largest operator of Mirage III's/ We could have done the same with Mirage 2000's.

Yeah, I read about the Rose project and all it looked amazing.

The currently Libyan leadership made the UAE upset recently over their support for the MB - of which some of them are on trial in the UAE -
@Yzd Khalifa | What about the mirages?

@Pakistanisage | There is no way we can pay for them. If we had the cash, they would have made our Naval Air Arm impeccable for the forseeable future in regards to the new MIG-29K threat from the Indian Navy.

I don't think acquiring the Mirages is a mission impossible. You probably are underestimating Pakistan influence over the UAE, but I'm sure Pakistan can get them brother.

Forget about India wanting to buy them, the UAE does understand that such thing would be a red line.

Actually, India may prefer to acquire them but most likely impossible from the UAE's end.

@Yzd Khalifa | I know, India won't buy them, and we don't have any cash left. They would have been a great tool for our naval aviators against Indian Mig-29Ks though.

Idk about the pricing, but the Mirages would probably be a bit more expensive than the JF-17 but certainly not as bloody expensive as the Rafael.

@Yzd Khalifa | What about the mirages?

@Pakistanisage | There is no way we can pay for them. If we had the cash, they would have made our Naval Air Arm impeccable for the forseeable future in regards to the new MIG-29K threat from the Indian Navy.

We could pay for them if the price was right.....:P

UAE is still flying them but at some point in near future if they put them in the warehouse, they may prefer to sell to us rather than the aircrafts rusting away. Pakistan is always looking for 4th Generation used aircraft and Mirages are always a great possibility because of the past experience with earlier generation of Mirages. In fact both used F-16's and Mirages would be very useful for PAF.

France has nearly 315 Mirage 2000's and they will be replaced by Rafale's very soon Taiwan has 60, Greece 44, Egypt has 20 and Qatar, Peru and Brazil each have 12. Of course , UAE has 68 so Pakistan can conceivably buy used from this market of 548 plus Mirage 2000's. The main issue is price and as more of them hit the warehouses , the price I bound to come down.

Actually, India may prefer to acquire them but most likely impossible from the UAE's end.

Idk about the pricing, but the Mirages would probably be a bit more expensive than the JF-17 but certainly not as bloody expensive as the Rafael.

As i said, if we had the luxury of funds, those upgraded Mirage-2000-9s would have been a potent defense against the Indian navy. Navy now will go for newer block JF-17s.

The thing to remember is that there is no other Air Force That has interest in these Mirages.

I just don't think that these Mirages will be sold at a high price, but Aeronaut says the Thunder is the Navy's best pick.

Point taken sir :smart:
As i said, if we had the luxury of funds, those upgraded Mirage-2000-9s would have been a potent defense against the Indian navy. Navy now will go for newer block JF-17s.

I don't think acquiring the Mirages is a mission impossible. You probably are underestimating Pakistan influence over the UAE, but I'm sure Pakistan can get them brother.
For Few Years PAF we till try to use every saved penny on JF 17, till paf have more then 100 jf 17s talking about buying any thing else will only be waste of time

Interesting.

How many JF-17s the PAF is going to build anyway?
Last news was around 150 But china gets a proper engine, then i m pretty sure paf will go for more jf 17
and instead of buying different platforms paf will try to upgrade this platform to their future needs like other nations have done but still a little spice can make it only taste better

~ 250 for now - all made at home :kiss3:
wasnt that 150 ?

I just don't think that these Mirages will be sold at a high price, but Aeronaut says the Thunder is the Navy's best pick.

Point taken sir :smart:

Aeronaut is right because as the newer Blocks of JF-17 come out with Aesa Radar and better Avionics and and Air to Air Refuelling capability, JF-17 will edge out other options. Especially , now with JF-17 already mated with CM-400AKG ( Carrier Killer Missile ), the value of JF-17 is much greater in the eyes of Pakistan Navy....

Back
Top Bottom