What's new

Pakistan helicopter plans

we possibly have chinooks - - somebody please confirm.

as for our helicopter plans - - -if u guys remember, some kid in sheikhupura made a helicopter in his workshop and flew it himself some years ago. it was all in the newspapers.
That kid has not been seen since. we don't know where he is now or what he's upto.

Yeah it's been something like that Haha. But we've managed to excel in this field beyond wonders. InshAllah we'll keep it that way. And now, The pakistan Naval aviation is going to operate the Chinese Z-9. And not to forget the british Lynx.

the lynx are all grounded for lack of spares and maintenance (navy pilot source)

This indeed is awesome to hear, I always wondered why our forces didn't operate this useful beast. Maybe the Chinese will help us reverse engineer it? Reaching domestic production capability of helis would be a huge milestone, and long awaited!

Along with that, the Army will finally have a dedicated platform for their massive airborne infantry deployment. No offence to C-130's of course :P

the lynx are all grounded for lack of spares and maintenance (navy pilot source)

That's sad to hear. We were using them for Anti-Submarine role weren't we? Would you by any chance know who's not providing us with the spares?

Well guys , belive it or not but USA, isnt willing to give us "CHINIOOKS", thts why they paid the money to buy "MI-17". they are not ready to open it up to chinese?;)

Well guys , belive it or not but USA, isnt willing to give us "CHINIOOKS", thts why they paid the money to buy "MI-17". they are not ready to open it up to chinese?;)

Let's just hope we get the approval. Our fleet could definitely benefit from a heavy weight contender. ;) Besides, our relations with the United States are on a respirator. We should procure as much equipment as possible from them before they go AWOL on us again.

none that i know of. they have re-build expertise. puma's and older Mil-8's are being rebuilt at dhamial (lalazar) and multan (qasim AB).

on a different note pakistan army's procurement of various types of helo's must be a logistical nightmare. french, american, russian, german systems. i wouldnt want to be logistics officer in the PAA.

off topic (sorry for that) but what exactly is and isnt involved in a "re-built"? Is it like cannibalizing and re-assembling from the parts?

Let's just hope we get the approval. Our fleet could definitely benefit from a heavy weight contender. ;) Besides, our relations with the United States are on a respirator. We should procure as much equipment as possible from them before they go AWOL on us again.

Bezerk;sir
my dear sir,
With "democrats" in power in the white house, i really dont expect any thing at all, & i guss the time has already passed , for getting some wish lists things!:disagree::wave:

i guss, our militry planners were absoutly right, when they chose "Mi-17", because its still ezy to get them, & also about thier spares, most importantly?:agree::tup:

Bezerk;sir
my dear sir,
With "democrats" in power in the white house, i really dont expect any thing at all, & i guss the time has already passed , for getting some wish lists things!:disagree::wave:

i guss, our militry planners were absoutly right, when they chose "Mi-17", because its still ezy to get them, & also about thier spares, most importantly?:agree::tup:

Yeap! definitely! If Mccain came to power, we definitely would've received support from the U.S like the old days. Unfortunately, that won't happen in the Obama administration. Exactly why we're gradually shifting to CHINA for our Arms and Equipment needs. Soon they'll be recognized as our major arms supplier.

"But then again Turkey recently placed an order for Havocs, I don't know what that's about...."

You know, Turkey are operating many attack helicopter to destroy assymetric treats in Sounth-East of Turkey. Moths ago, Turkey has choosed A-129 Mangusta (T-129 Atak) to meet the future attack helicopter need

According to agreement;

The planned duration of the ATAK Program is 114 months from Contract Effectivity with T-129 ATAK Helicopter qualification planned for 58 months and delivery of the first serial production helicopter planned for 60 months after Contract Effectivity. Delivery of the first 7 helicopters to the Turkish army will be once every two months, with the remaining helicopters being delivered once a month, with the last ATAK Helicopter being delivered to the Turkey at 114 months from Contract Effectivity.

With the Collaboration Agreement signed with AgustaWestland, TAI shall have;

· Intellectual property rights of the new configuration of the helicopter

· Sole sourcing rights in the world for the fuselage, including Final Assembly and Flight Operations

· Sales rights for the whole world excluding Italy and England..

but Turkey has announced an emergency stop-gap order need for some second hand attack helicopter until T-129 will be operational so Turkey is searching a solution to buy some helicopter until 2013...About Mi-28, I do not suppose that Turkey will buy some Mi-28 (An anti-Tank mission Heavy Armoured Attack helicopter) for stop-gap solution...

ATAK_06.jpg

atak_1.jpg

65f1bc0bcf6a591bfeaec932cadd95cd.gif

Last edited:
^ Thanks Cabatli, so is the Havoc deal confirmed as a stop gap measure? And when is T-129 going to be fully operational? Pakistan would require at least 25-30 or so initially.

"so is the Havoc deal confirmed as a stop gap measure? And when is T-129 going to be fully operational? Pakistan would require at least 25-30 or so initially."

No Bro, There is not any official announcement about Hovac and I also do not suppose that Turkey will order any Hovac. The media (Zaman media) which has threw into this type news, are not a safe source in Turkey so Any of us do not trust their news about military intelligence...

About T-129;

-All Qualification works will be finished in 2013
-First serial producted T-129 will be delivered in the end of 2013.

Regards...

Back
Top Bottom