What's new

Pakistan helicopter plans

Salahadin

Reaction score
Hey Guys does pakistan have the capability to built there own helicopters or are they working on some project like this, please advise

Thank you

Hey Guys does pakistan have the capability to built there own helicopters or are they working on some project like this, please advise

Thank you

Currently there's no such plan in progress. We're going to purchase alot of Helo's soon but that's the only progress in that sector for now.

Thank you

none that i know of. they have re-build expertise. puma's and older Mil-8's are being rebuilt at dhamial (lalazar) and multan (qasim AB).

on a different note pakistan army's procurement of various types of helo's must be a logistical nightmare. french, american, russian, german systems. i wouldnt want to be logistics officer in the PAA.

Well perhaps Pakistan could so some reverse engineering and invest in Military science and R & D for several years then build it's stock of modern domestic Attack Helicopters...

Trouble is if Pakistan began making it's own Helicopter's it would be expensive. Who would buy our Helicopter's? (If we decided to market them, truth is there are higher quality helicopter's already out in the market like from Russia and Europe)

As of now Pakistan simply purchases it's helicopters from abroad no domestic capability as of yet...

But I think since the engineering of the JF-17 Pakistan feels confident it can also develop it's own modern fleet of high-tech Attack Helicopters for military purposes...It's a real possibility.

Also I would like to see Pakistan engineer new helicopter's for medical and hospital purposes...We really need to technologically modernize our country..

on a different note pakistan army's procurement of various types of helo's must be a logistical nightmare. french, american, russian, german systems. i wouldnt want to be logistics officer in the PAA.

Yeah it's been something like that Haha. But we've managed to excel in this field beyond wonders. InshAllah we'll keep it that way. And now, The pakistan Naval aviation is going to operate the Chinese Z-9. And not to forget the british Lynx.

I really think Pakistan should push hard to build Chinook's (Ch-47)!!! Seriously they are great transport air crafts for both cargo and people...

Especially since the earthquake, the Chinooks helped greatly in the relief effort.

They are also great for combat, we could really deploy our troops in strategic locations in India in case of war, and in case of another tragedy ALLAH FORBID!!!! But we must be prepared to help ourselves out...I think we can all agree.

It would be great to have them.

Iran, Egypt and UAE operates the chinooks. If we can get a sample somehow and send it to the Chinese, I'm sure we'll be inducting our own batch of Chinooks by the end of 2015 :P

2e70cf30c1d5dd2bd68df3c932bd9787.jpg

288f3e05b80b8137cfa7d26900d6691e.jpg

Iran, Egypt and UAE operates the chinooks. If we can get a sample somehow and send it to the Chinese, I'm sure we'll be inducting our own batch of Chinooks by the end of 2015 :P

Are any countries offering to sell Chinooks? Specifically to Pakistan...

I'm sure UAE would be willing...If not we should threaten to nuke them :lol: (just kidding!!!!!! Don't get upset anyone)

Are any countries offering to sell Chinooks? Specifically to Pakistan...

I'm sure UAE would be willing...If not we should threaten to nuke them :lol: (just kidding!!!!!! Don't get upset anyone)

Haha precisely! But it's not a question of selling us the chinooks but the question is if we're looking to buy some. United States wouldn't have had a problem selling us the chinooks if we really wanted them. Our workhorse for the Army right now is MI-17 and SA-330 Puma. But they're not enough for some operational needs. We truly are in need of a dedicated heavy lift helicopter.

We truly are in need of a dedicated heavy lift helicopter.

Yeah from what I understand the Chinook (Ch-47) can carry twice the weight more than our MI-17 helos...Also it's capacity to transport larger number of troops is better and much needed.

Yeah from what I understand the Chinook (Ch-47) can carry twice the weight more than our MI-17 helos...Also it's capacity to transport larger number of troops is better and much needed.

We rely on Pakistan Airforce for that. C-130's do the job quite well. BUT army needs their own transportation system for the troops. I vote for Chinook! Or the MI-26!

Theek hain yaro so be it Chinook I will tell Bush to have them deliver to Pak Forces by Tuesday what you think ohh I will ask him for b2 also (sike)

Don't whats the status , but supposed to get Chinook from Italian NATO storage , after US approvel.

Any word on the T-129 proposal? They cost just as much as Apache but perhaps a payment method and buffer plan can be worked out with the Turks? They would be a great asset.

But then again Turkey recently placed an order for Havocs, I don't know what that's about....

I recently read a article published, that confirmed Turkey has begun the process of it's own domestic production of T-129...It is likely the Turks will sell some to Pakistan.

By the way the T-129 is one mean and aggressive looking Helicopter!!! WOW!!!:agree:

Back
Top Bottom