What's new

Pakistan has second strike capability against India

I'm the source here :) plus it tallies with the statement of the President SVI Dr Zafar Iqbal Cheema in the post # 1. Pakistan, like many countries, does many things but discloses later at a proper time. We have the second strike capability but we don't want to let go the first strike option thus avoiding any war that is why it will not be made public. That is why Pakistan is acquiring 8 new submarines from China to augment this capability even further.

instead of embarrassing you i would rather give you a basic understanding

read this

Ballistic missile submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please tell me does Agosta 90b have hatches to launch ballistic missiles? if that is even possible in the first place

Remember the tube cannister launch.....

images
Yes I do

ISLAMABAD: Former defence secretary retired Lt Gen Naeem Khalid Lodhi has claimed that Pakistan possesses second strike capability against India.

He was speaking at a seminar at Strategic Vision Institute (SVI), an Islamabad-based think-tank that works on strategic issues.

The issue of second strike capability came up in the context of the conventional superiority enjoyed by India and the options for Pakistan.

The second strike provides a military the capability to hit back at an enemy in a situation where its land-based nuclear arsenal had been neutralized.

The former defence secretary said that despite the growing conventional imbalance, Pakistan had certain strengths including the nuclear parity with India and credible nuclear deterrence.

The nuclear deterrence, he said, had been augmented by the second strike capability, efficient delivery systems and effective command and control system.

He did not explain any specifics about the second strike capability, which could be sea, air or land based.

It is still unclear if Pakistan was any closer to the submarine based ‘assured second strike capability’ for stable deterrence, particularly at time when India has already made the moves towards it.

Discussing Pakistan’s second strike capability, President SVI Dr Zafar Iqbal Cheema said that Pakistan had improved its second strike capability.

Pakistan’s second strike capability, Dr Cheema said, has been augmented by deployment of Hatf-VII/Baber nuclear capable cruise missile that is launchable from aircrafts and conventional submarines. It is further fortified by the deployment of Hatf-VIII/Ra’ad air launched cruise missile, he added.

Technically speaking, he maintained, the best mode of second strike capability is submarine launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs), which neither India nor Pakistan have deployed as yet.

Pakistan has second strike capability against India - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Two same threads needed to be merged
upload_2015-9-17_15-31-47.png

Pakistan should invest in space laser weapon

That would require like 200 bliion USD to develop base infrastructure and another 200 billion USD for specific R&D. A 100 billion to launch and maintain satellite networks to support this. About two decades of sustain scientific work and a decade more to produce highly trained professionals and scientists to run this project. Now let me see if there is half trillion and a time machine lying under my bed!

P.S. After all this, there is no guarantee that project will be a success.

There is hell lot of a difference between second strike capability and credible second strike capability. Sorry General, unless Pakistan acquires and operates quiet submarines (that too in great numbers) with the capability to launch ballistic or cruise missiles submerged, there is no such thing as credible second strike capability.

Second strike yes. Assured second strike, hell no.

That would require like 200 bliion USD to develop base infrastructure and another 200 billion USD for specific R&D. A 100 billion to launch and maintain satellite networks to support this. About two decades of sustain scientific work and a decade more to produce highly trained professionals and scientists to run this project. Now let me see if there is half trillion and a time machine lying under my bed!

P.S. After all this, there is no guarantee that project will be a success.
:raise: can i suggest an easier way to break the logjamm :azn:

make peace with india hand over dawood and forget about kashmir and it will be buisness as usual whats more your nation just might save billions of dollars and lives of 20crore pakistanies who are now looking at an inemittent neuclear threat turing real ..... P.S ....dont take it as trolling :coffee:

make peace with india hand over dawood and forget about kashmir and it will be buisness as usual whats more your nation just might save billions of dollars and lives of 20crore pakistanies who are now looking at an inemittent neuclear threat turing real ..... P.S ....dont take it as trolling :coffee:

Your suggestion doesn't make any sense from any side.

You make peace with Pakistan.. Stop terrorism & proxy war in our country. Of course you will definitely pay for what you have done through TTP, BLA etc. But, Peace will prevent you from getting more damage. As far as Kashmir is concerned, let the Kashmiri people decide whom they want to live with. You must've seen Pakistani flag is being raised every second day despite having your army there :omghaha:. It means Kashmir belongs to Pakistan not India. :smart:

Your suggestion doesn't make any sense from any side.

You make peace with Pakistan.. Stop terrorism & proxy war in our country. Of course you will definitely pay for what you have done through TTP, BLA etc. But, Peace will prevent you from getting more damage. As far as Kashmir is concerned, let the Kashmiri people decide whom they want to live with. You must've seen Pakistani flag is being raised every second day despite having your army there :omghaha:. It means Kashmir belongs to Pakistan not India. :smart:
OK then .... its war war chest thumping as ususal :sarcastic:

good luck.jpg

instead of embarrassing you i would rather give you a basic understanding

read this

Ballistic missile submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please tell me does Agosta 90b have hatches to launch ballistic missiles? if that is even possible in the first place
Instead of embarrassing you, I would say just look at my answer to you on post # 13. I explained it that it does not even require a VLS and torpedo tubes can be used but I think in heat excitement you forgot. But it happens this is life so no worries just read it. If you really want to in technical details, I can provide some which I deem fit to be made public and even available on the internet too. I really don't need any wikki-kiddo articles.

Sea based second nuclear strike capability already exists since the naval version of Babur CM has been readily adopted and deployed on Agosta-90 Bs and other submarines. The modification was done a few years back. The ingenious system does not even need a VLS and conventional torpedo tubes have been used. The future submarines will be fitted with VLS also.
Source?

Wah baniya sb the threat is same for both countries even more for Indians as they have more economic hubs to protect unlike Pak.

There is not much info about this on the internet however here is one link with some info
New Chinese Submarines to Pakistan | Popular Science
Babur LACM was fired from Agosta-70 and 90-B in 2009. This will also be integrated with new S-20 subs also.

and then india will made 3rd strike pakistan will make 4th strike . or ye drama chalta rahy ga
No it just stops on second strike capability however it has different dimensions but the most credible is the sea based. Even USA and Russia have 2nd strike capabilities only no 3rd, 4th etc. It is a nuclear war...not much is left after the second strike.

There is not much info about this on the internet however here is one link with some info
New Chinese Submarines to Pakistan | Popular Science
Babur LACM was fired from Agosta-70 and 90-B in 2009. This will also be integrated with new S-20 subs also.

No it just stops on second strike capability however it has different dimensions but the most credible is the sea based. Even USA and Russia have 2nd strike capabilities only no 3rd, 4th etc. It is a nuclear war...not much is left after the second strike.
and one thing please not . humans are so so so stupids without a damn brain

here we live fight and want to nuke each other on this tinny spot
voyager1palebluedot.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom