What's new

Pakistan has only a month’s worth of water left: Report

You got a problem with Pakis using "xyz amount of H2O"??? Do you not bath everyday?? Do you really understand how much water is needed not only in everyday life but as commercially too?

Is that "logical" enough for you?? No one really "overuses" water. That is really the absurd thing I have heard.

And no text is unnecesary. Those dams are there to store any excess amount of water which comes only in certain times of the year. Ever heard of the monsoon?? Yeah, that part of the year.

Lastly, this is a thread concerning Pakistan and not even we (Pakistanis) are really concerned. Since we know all of this in the first place is absurd.

You know what??? You should really visit the dams of Pakistan and firstly, the Tarbela one. The view of the Tarbela dam should really clear your mind of all thoughts concerning about the water of Pakistan. Just my 2 cents. :enjoy:

:pakistan:

Yes there are dams in Pakistan but many more most be build. Especially big ones like in Gilgit or Kalabaghdam. At the moment Pakistan is simply wasting water.

At the moment Pakistan is simply wasting water.

Wow, that is a very absurd claim. Really, it is.

Let me ask you this. HOW do you know that??? Have you gone to every Pakistani's house and asked them the question "Sir/Ma'am, Are you wasting water?"??? Hmmm??? Have you done that??? Until than, we can all laugh at what you wrote above.

And please don't put any strong statements like the above anymore. You should be grown up to see how the world works. :disagree:

Let me ask you this. HOW do you know that??? Have you gone to every Pakistani's house and asked them the question "Sir/Ma'am, Are you wasting water?"??? Hmmm??? Have you done that??? Until than, we can all laugh at what you wrote above.

And please don't put any strong statements like the above anymore. You should be grown up to see how the world works. :disagree:

EH? Pakistan is wasting water in sea, remember we get 80% of waters and India 20%. More dams most be build to store water.

EH? Pakistan is wasting water in sea, remember we get 80% of waters and India 20%. More dams most be build to store water.

Ehh?? What??? Please do explain.

man you are funny

You got a problem with Pakis using "xyz amount of H2O"??? Do you not bath everyday?? Do you really understand how much water is needed not only in everyday life but as commercially too?

Is that "logical" enough for you?? No one really "overuses" water. That is really the absurd thing I have heard.

And no text is unnecesary. Those dams are there to store any excess amount of water which comes only in certain times of the year. Ever heard of the monsoon?? Yeah, that part of the year.

Lastly, this is a thread concerning Pakistan and not even we (Pakistanis) are really concerned. Since we know all of this in the first place is absurd.

You know what??? You should really visit the dams of Pakistan and firstly, the Tarbela one. The view of the Tarbela dam should really clear your mind of all thoughts concerning about the water of Pakistan. Just my 2 cents. :enjoy:

:pakistan:
ok.. I will try again.. this time slowly..
I have no problem how much water pakistanis use for whatever purpose (domestic as well as industrial and agri and everything else you can think of).
What we are talking about it, whether the current storage capacity is more than 30 days of that daily average usage.(all sorts of usage)

I am not saying the report is true, but at least need to point out what we are discussing about. you seem to go off a tangent and post unnecessary text.

Are you this thick, are you are pretending to be thick. Dont need to respond, its a rhetorical question. :hitwall:

Ehh?? What??? Please do explain.

Punjabi rivers start from China, runs through India and IOK. India get 20% of the water and we 80% as per treaty. Major part of our water get wasted in sea. Instead of filling sea which is already full Pakistan need to store water. Remember if Pakistan complete major dams in next 10 years, and also medium sizes then millions of acres of agriculture land will be added.

It will change face of Pakistan. Pakistan is blesses with great locationa for dams. I remember there is also potential of 15.000MW huge dam in gilgit, but i think to much land will be submerged.

man you are funny

Thank You!

ok.. I will try again.. this time slowly..
I have no problem how much water pakistanis use for whatever purpose (domestic as well as industrial and agri and everything else you can think of).
What we are talking about it, whether the current storage capacity is more than 30 days of that daily average usage.(all sorts of usage)

lol, no need to try to be slow. I guess I have to go slow than.

Again, this is a absurd report. It came only from a single organization. SINGLE! You can't just go make a thread on it like its God's word and that "ohhh, Pakistan has only 30 day storage cap". :lol:

Seeing how much dams Pakistan has and how much Tarbela alone can store. I can assure you. No need to worry.:disagree:

Thank You!

lol, no need to try to be slow. I guess I have to go slow than.

Again, this is a absurd report. It came only from a single organization. SINGLE! You can't just go make a thread on it like its God's word and that "ohhh, Pakistan has only 30 day storage cap". :lol:

Seeing how much dams Pakistan has and how much Tarbela alone can store. I can assure you. No need to worry.:disagree:

FIrst of all no one is expecting Pakistan to be without water in next 30 days.

It will change face of Pakistan.

Your right and I do advocate the making of more dams but the thing here is that his op. Who is actually in research and development posted that Pakistan only has like 30 days of storage!!! :o:

Now that is one absurd claim. :cheesy:

FIrst of all no one is expecting Pakistan to be without water in next 30 days

Some people and I do say "non-Pakis" are acting as if Pakistan is in peril.

By the way, Are you a ****? (just thinking) :unsure:

Islamabad, Feb 4: In a shocking report, it has emerged that Pakistan is left with "one month of water supply" on hand. According to a 2013 report from the Asian Development Bank, 80 percent of Pakistan's agriculture relies on irrigation from the overstressed water system. Pakistan's average temperature is likely to increase around 3 degrees Celsius within the next 50 years, that's why people, especially in rural areas, have already started migrating out of the country for these reasons. Pakistan has lot of major challenges before combating the climate change woes. Another worrisome news is for those whose major source of income comes from timber industry, because deforestation is a major problem. The report says that Pakistan manages to retain only two and five percent of its tree cover. With high population, timber mafia and flooding due to deforestation, Pakistan has lot of major challenges before combating the climate change woes. In December last year, the World Bank gave Pakistan nearly $4 million to study deforestation and how to address it.
Pakistan has only a month’s worth of water left: Report - News Oneindia

I think this is a crucial issue for our nation and we should urgently work on it to enhance/protect existing agriculture before it is too late. India has similar issues and at some places, they have effectivley solved the problem. We have to do a study of ways to increase water table level at places where underground water reservoirs are fast decreasing, it could be done in several ways.

Gujarat CM’s vision in water management yields outstanding results | Home | www.narendramodi.in

Checkdam to increase water table in 10 villages - The Hindu

There could be other more innovative ways that our engineers could find, using which water due to floods in moonsoon season could be distributed through existing canals and fed to underground water deposits by building small dams/reservoirs at interesting locations.

There is also another relevant interesting post.
Do we need Kalabagh dam?

just curious How much it rains in pakistan anually?? and what is the ground water table level in major population centers??
It seems that most of pakistan is exclusively dependent on rivers..

Seriously..........are there more sources available on this report ?

I posted the adb report on the first page, and an article from a Pakistani newspaper. The title of this thread is misleading though. What the report is trying to say is that Pakistan water storage is capacity is only worth 30 days. So if there was to be a drought in the region, for whatever reasons, Pakistan will not be able to sustain its population/agriculture/industry for more than 30 days.

I posted the adb report on the first page, and an article from a Pakistani newspaper. Th title of this thread misleading, what the report is trying to say is that Pakistan water storage is capacity is only worth 30 days. So if there was to be a drought in the region, for whatever reasons, Pakistan will not be able to sustain its population for more than 30 days.
Kkk.......but still lets say if any mishap does happen in the future then really Pakistan is in a hell lot of danger .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom