What's new

Pakistan has formally proposed Siachen pullback - India

i wish this issue is finished and done as early as possible.too much money being spent by both sides and too many lives at stake just because of trust deficit
Trust deficit is not a small thing my boy, unless a clear demarcation happens, there can be and should not be any solution

Any with drawl by Indian Army from Sianchen glaciers is not and should not be on the table to negotiate peace with a country who has never lived up to previous agreements. We should take back all the illegally occupied Kashmir, Baltistan and Gilgit by force when the opportunity presents itself.

I think India will be willing to withdraw if Pakistan recognizes the current positions. India can simply ask for this assurance and the ball is back in Pakistan's court forever.

I think India will be willing to withdraw if Pakistan recognizes the current positions. India can simply ask for this assurance and the ball is back in Pakistan's court forever.

Touche. I am still waiting on any Pakistani (sane ones here, not the Rafi's of this forum) to explain why this is not anything but a logical , common sense request. To date everyone of them has skirted explaining why, if their military does not intend to obfuscate, do they not agree?

i dont see such concession in near or even far, distant future.

India has already done the asking. But such an assurance is not and will not be forthcoming (at least till the future change of guard in Pakistan). So status quo will remain. India does not need to do anything else, since it is not in any disadvantaged position. So India controls the glacier. Cold, barren, inhospitable and forlorn as it is; the glacier is the meat of the matter.

Siachen is all about the glacier.

We pay our diplomats well to obfuscate the "Yes" & the "No". Any goddamn fellow can say things clearly. It is an art when you leave everyone wondering what you just said. If Pakistanis want clear answers , they better read the comments on this forum & others like it.

Sometimes: "Diplomacy is the art of saying many things without saying anything".

That is used well in case of difficult negotiations. Just as it can be used in romancing. :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/179532-talking-indians-dawn-com.html

Discussion on Siachen in NDTV

Siachen: Time for a thaw?

I was pleasantly shocked when I heard that there is a waiting list in IA for serving in Saichen.

Pay for a soldier deputed to Siachen is atleast twice than those serving elsewhere, or atleast that is what I heard.

Back
Top Bottom