What's new

Pakistan has been offered the Chinese 4th generation J-11 (SU27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait...

I bet most of you were saying that PAF won't buy Block-52+ only a couple years ago.

From what I've read, it seems China won't export J-11B to Pakistan simply because their local requirements won't allow it - there aren't enough being produced. Firstly China will complete their original Su-27 contract with J-11B, thus far they only produced 100 out of the 200 agreed with Russia. Then the PLAAF & PLAN will probably order more J-11B and the 2-seat J-11BS, but likely under only slight production increases. Right now production is slow and requirements are big...the J-11B export has nothing to do with politics IMHO.

So if cutting orders were actually meant that we will go for the J-11, then why in the hell did we go for the initial 18 Block-52 at the first place? It seems rather odd for the PAF to have four different platforms ( JF-17, F-16s, J-10, J-11B)

Chinese have license to build J-11s and now they have found a way to revers engineer and now offered the illegal copy version to pakistan, which is really cheap.

So if cutting orders were actually meant that we will go for the J-11, then why in the hell did we go for the initial 18 Block-52 at the first place? It seems rather odd for the PAF to have four different platforms ( JF-17, F-16s, J-10, J-11B)
The original source is not reliable; if the first 18 Block-52+ are delivered, the PAF will execute the option for 18 additional platforms. I think the PAF will look to keep the total F-16 fleet in the 100-150 range, so we may see some used Block-32s given CCIP upgrades.

As for J-11B, I don't think China would export it soon as the PLAAF & PLAN require a good number for their local requirements. Plus over the next few years the J-11B will also see improvements, I think China's goal is to make J-11B on par with SU-35BM. Future J-11Bs will probably be equipped with AESA radar, new avionics-ECM/EW and possibly TVC+supercruise capable WS-10A developments.

Nonetheless the J-10-series is expected to be their key air superiority fighter, while the J-11B-series their primarily long-range strike & maritime fighter. PLAAF may procure JF-17s as backbone fighters for general use and to absorb losses. If the PAF were to procure J-11B, it would likely be a future variant that is equivalent to Su-35BM - and would likely use it in maritime & long-range strike roles.

The priority of Chinese fighters over US F-16s is good cause no strings are attached to it. Now we should come out of F16 fobia. We should look for the equipment with ToT and guranteed availability in all situations. Pak Ckina Friendship Zindabad:pakistan::china:

First of all i doubt that the PAF will go with Ruski tech. even if we are buying these aircraft the radars wont be a problem because we are incorporating western radar and weapons in the jf-17 we could do the same thing with this J-11B

But Russia will never let that happen with its intellectual property. it will never let this happen..... its controls oil flow to Europe...and they will never take panga with russian for few million...

with Copy SU 27 Copy it will be difficult....for Chinese and PAK to move ahead

But Russia will never let that happen with its intellectual property. it will never let this happen..... its controls oil flow to Europe...and they will never take panga with russian for few million...

with Copy SU 27 Copy it will be difficult....for Chinese and PAK to move ahead

remember mig-17/19/21 t-55/59.... all reverse engineered..
though f-11 is just an offer but unlikely to be executed..
it will be foolish of PAF to acquire same platform as IAF Su-30mk. the chance are just slim as IAF acquiring F-16s as PAF F-11s..

Its new era, everything for sale. Whole Europe, US, USSR selling their top of line fighter either in open market or their allies. Why China has restriction to make money?. Specially selling to Pakistan has motive behind that, which is securing the trade from Gawadar port.Which will be the life line of Chinese trade from goods to oil delivery in the emerging Chinese industry.
More we buy from China more Pakistan will be technical slave of China. Thats what every big power wants. Plus it will be extraordinary leverage against enemy. Bring in J11 will partially neutralize Indian air superiority in the region, also disturb the balance of power. And all these power will push India to buy more arms with better technical advancement from either Russia or US.

wel i guess
Self Reliance is the first and the last key to success.
If J11 comes with a technology transfer then its a good deal..
guys i m an electronic engineer and i think that people here definately have the potential to devlop almost anything weather its the radar or any electronic equipement in a fighter plane.. they just need financial support. I personly know some people in Pakistan who can make even a space shuttle for you ... But you know This is Pakistan .We dont have any respect of talent ...

23march;

In terms of airframe, I don't think IAF would have much trouble figuring out the performance parameters of the F-16 or any Western fighter. The advantage J-11B holds over the Su-27 series is that it is a Chinese built version...i.e. no one knows the materials, design concepts or airframe performance parameters outside of China. Beyond that, the Indians wouldn't even know about the internal systems used on Chinese platforms. In the greater scheme of things, the J-11B would be more of an advantage compared to Eurofighter, Rafale, Gripen and F-16.

H2O3C4Nitrogen

I think it depends on requirements, IMO PAF might see use in the J-11B series in the advanced fighter-bomber and maritime/naval support role. Pakistan is definitely putting more investment in local talent, for instance the JF-17's avionics are being developed indigenously. I imagine the PAF would push for greater localization and subsystems such as radar, avionics and ECM/EW are on the top of the list. With foreign assistance from China, E.U and co-development with Turkey, Ukraine and South Africa - I think Pakistan will be able to customize its aircraft the way it sees fit.

Here is the recent link from major Indian news paper.
MOSCOW: Russia has threatened to sue China for copying its Sukhoi Su-27SK fighters and its pirate production
for export to Pakistan and other Third World countries at much cheaper prices, a leading Russian daily reported
on Tuesday.

"Russia has officially notified China that the production of J11 (fighters), a copy of Russian Su-27SK, violates inter-governmental agreements. Moscow has vowed to launch legal procedures for the protection of its intellectual property," Nezavisimaya Gazeta said.
Sukhoi piracy: Russia threatens to sue China-Europe-World-The Times of India

News reflects China already made decision of exporting this fighter to Pakistan. Otherwise Russia didn't need to threat China. Well it look like both Russia and India are worried about export of this plane.

Here is the recent link from major Indian news paper.

News reflects China already made decision of exporting this fighter to Pakistan. Otherwise Russia didn't need to threat China. Well it look like both Russia and India are worried about export of this plane.

If China does export the J-11 to Pakistan, it will severely dent Sino-Russian defence co-operation. Further, any major international arms manufacturer (Russian, Isreali, etc.) will think twice about dealing with China, especially in high-tech weapons, an area where China is very weak.

Actually, i doubt that China will supply J-11 to Pakistan without getting approval by the Russian defence ministry. Russians are playing from behind these days in getting everything transfered to Pakistan wherever it is interested. The issue is not getting the J-11, the issue is Pakistan willing to buy it or not.

I really doubt J-11B will be available for export in the short future, because even PLAAF is complaining about Shenyang's incapability to manufacture enough J-11B within the time frame (before J-xx coming out) to accommodate the urgent domestic demand for heavy-weight long-range multi-role fighters. Besides such move will unnecessarily undermine the Sino-Russo alliance against USA which remains paramount for China's strategic interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom