What's new

Pakistan gets first part of power plant gifted by UAE

It is used by Sheikhs from middle east for personal purposes and nothing more, if it isn't official residence then I am sure they pay their bills.

As for pics, I will take another from further away to show everyone how big it is. Look it up on google maps, type this 'sheikh zayed palace karachi'.

Pictures of Karachi and Pakistan in particular are limited online, cannot find them anywhere for some areas.

Makes me want to be a sheikh too.

I think so it is nice business opportunity for Pakistan by providing them nice landscape to build their palaces , which will increase prices of land and infrastructure around the area as well as foreigners will visit Pakistan more so extra tourist income and more job creation.

Another thing I would like to point it out is that this particular area and adjourning areas do not undergo load shedding, load shedding is far and in between. However the poorer neighbourhoods, suffer from much longer hours of load shedding.

It is unfortunate that the poor have to suffer continuously, we need high MW power plants in our country if we are to meet the ever growing challenges that we face, especially in relation to electricity consumption.

As for Sheikh Zayeds palace, it was built some time ago, but the design and cladding has never looked dated or old.

Btw, I have a lot of respect for Sheikh Zayed, he was very tolerant and well mannered.

Faz bhai ..we had same situation in my native place in India. Area of MPs and MLAs or where elite class is staying never face load shedding as well as they always get more water pressure in pipes during summer to fill their swimming pools.

I think so it is nice business opportunity for Pakistan by providing them nice landscape to build their palaces , which will increase prices of land and infrastructure around the area as well as foreigners will visit Pakistan more so extra tourist income and more job creation.

This is in defence so it was already well planned and located in an ideal area. Defence Housing Authority (DHA) are found in many of our cities and are overlooked by the army. You get all the rich and powerful owning houses in this area, adjourning areas too equally as impressive and well planned. Can't say the same about the rest however nut with prosperity and leadership, it should get there one day.

Faz bhai ..we had same situation in my native place in India. Area of MPs and MLAs or where elite class is staying never face load shedding as well as they always get more water pressure in pipes during summer to fill their swimming pools.

I remember one day when our neighbourhood underwent a couple of hours of load shedding, more than people are used to. The committee president made one call to KESC and all was sorted from then onwards. Money and power works here, nothing else.

Rather than picking on Arabs and Sheikhs here, lets thank them!

320 MW power is alot when we face 2000 MW Deficit everyday.

I think a lot of small plants are in the pipeline. I see situation improving in the next 12 months. Though we still won't get rid of complete loadshedding.

Just imagine the damage that lack of electricity and war on terror has done to our economy!

We have everything but at the same time we don't have much!

Time to start a revolution.....French style.

How a 320 MW powerplant can 'arrive'? it must be huge. Some kinda generator type?

you think they are going to send the whole plant just as it is?
They will disassemble the machineries....convert them into parts once again....load them to the containers and send it to Karachi port via Sea.

As per the proposal.....these plants were gifted and the delivery costs were to be paid by the UAE government so they were cost-free until Karachi port.

PS: From there....they will load them into local containers and take them to Faisalabad....and there they will assemble them once again and the plant is ready to go

Back
Top Bottom