What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ what is IK/PTI saying or doing with regards to HEC devolution??

HEC should remain intact: PTI:

Daily Times

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) believes that the concept of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) should stay despite devolution of education to the provinces according to the 18th Amendment, said PTI secretary general Arif Alvi at party delegation of educationists here at a party secretariat.

He said HEC should remain as an important directional body that could continue to play a major role in a sector where Pakistan was severely deficient.

Dr Alvi said that it was surprising to note that even appointments of vice chancellors in Pakistan were political and it was not even necessary for the appointee to have a PhD. The result was that such appointees who had no academic excellence ensured that meritocracy in academia was defeated.

I had a perception that Imran Khan was JOKE in Pakistan politics. Now he going to form the government??? Persistence always pays off.. GOOD LUCK to him.:tup:

If shah mehmood qureshi will go to make a party then i will vote for him.

As per my common sense, Imran Khan has to learn a lot and pass many bridges before eventually going to become ZAB or NS.

I know, he is the darling of establishment (both military and civil) in next general election for his general acceptance among people due to his fame and big talks posture, but sure they will penetrate their people around him in the months to come before elections (renowned sardars, amirs etc.. Once he got the top post for one way or another by the help of establishment, these exact people will bargain for their masters, after some time Imran khan eventually declares that "I will not take dictation anymoer"....Sure he will loose top post because many will sided with establishment once again as they do for past 63 years, than he is own his own and in that period he will eventually got maturity...if all goes well and than he learns to effectively move around without the help of establishment.

So why vote for a man who has still to learn A..B..C of politics, still to be fool around in the years to come????

My 2 Cents

Ha.

Elections 2013? Reality on ground is more like Elections 2011. Just wait for a while, everything will be clear then.

Bezerk , its finally good to see you back bro !

I don't think we should hurry for the elections this time , NOT until we get the clean picture of voters list and a reliable electronic voting system and a mechanism of getting degree authentication from HEC.

btw i have changed my username -- formally known as Black Blood aka Kala Khoon :lol:

Zinda hai Bhutto zinda hai, tum jitnay bhutto maro gay har ghar se bhutto niklay ga, Jiyea zardari
aaah meh pagal ho gaye ho:taz::chilli::bounce::hitwall::no::wave:

You will vote for Shah? Brother he is a escape goat of PPP so that since PPP image is badly destroyed by their policies, they knew they have to let go of RD so they decided to make shah go against him then have him removed and then people loved him but they forgot his close relations in Pakistan, Do you know that all RDs are in Pakistan because of Shah quraishi? Our people are surely naive and they intend to forget fast, PPP will make him run for Prime minister, they will try a hype that zardari has to go and then real ppp will take over and people like you will vote and in the end if they win zardari is still there... I wounder when Pakistanis will get political understanding. Why Pakistanis can't see clear and have vision! Why people don't realize that what game is played with them by political parties! :china: :hitwall::pakistan: :usflag:

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

oh that jiye bhutto was just a joke for you guys to have your BP up haha

Just checking out if this thread is still running because it should. I would much appreciate if some MOD can stick this thread as it doesn't support one party.

Ha.

Elections 2013? Reality on ground is more like Elections 2011. Just wait for a while, everything will be clear then.

it won't happen because then our establishment will have a hard time to eat and capture plots freely

I think Pakistanis have some good options in the coming elections as compared to the ones they had in the past. I think the PTI, APML & MQM are good, nationalistic parties. While I believe the PTI under the leadership of Imran Khan has a lot of potential, I am not sure of the party itself, if it has able workers, if they reject extremism. In other words, Imran Khan (& hence the PTI) don't have any kind of proven record. The APML under Musharraf should be a good party, as Musharraf has a proven record of tackling extremism. But I do not know if his party is mature enough, although I would trust the APML more than the PTI. I think the MQM has gone past its days of thuggery, & appear to be the most refined party of middle class Pakistani moderates focused on development & fighting extremism. I do not know if they have overwhelming support either, but I would trust them as well for their unflinching record in Karachi in recent times. I hope Imran Khan can take a better stance against extremists, that is the only thing that is keeping me from supporting him. While I do not support the drone attacks on innocent civilians, Imran Khan should take a more hard hitting approach against terrorist networks as well.

All in all, many good & wide ranging options for the Pakistani people. I would personally think Musharraf is the most reliable candidate out there, although I would need to know more about his party. I hope these 3 parties contesting support each other once the elections are over, work towards the betterment of Pakistan & take a nationalistic approach, rather than taking actions now to increase their vote bank. The MQM has been sincere in its development of Karachi, & I could see them as working to tackle extremism & developing Pakistan even if they lost the 2013 elections. Interesting times ahead! :pakistan:

I think Pakistanis have some good options in the coming elections as compared to the ones they had in the past. I think the PTI, APML & MQM are good, nationalistic parties. While I believe the PTI under the leadership of Imran Khan has a lot of potential, I am not sure of the party itself, if it has able workers, if they reject extremism. In other words, Imran Khan (& hence the PTI) don't have any kind of proven record. The APML under Musharraf should be a good party, as Musharraf has a proven record of tackling extremism. But I do not know if his party is mature enough, although I would trust the APML more than the PTI. I think the MQM has gone past its days of thuggery, & appear to be the most refined party of middle class Pakistani moderates focused on development & fighting extremism. I do not know if they have overwhelming support either, but I would trust them as well for their unflinching record in Karachi in recent times. I hope Imran Khan can take a better stance against extremists, that is the only thing that is keeping me from supporting him. While I do not support the drone attacks on innocent civilians, Imran Khan should take a more hard hitting approach against terrorist networks as well.

All in all, many good & wide ranging options for the Pakistani people. I would personally think Musharraf is the most reliable candidate out there, although I would need to know more about his party. I hope these 3 parties contesting support each other once the elections are over, work towards the betterment of Pakistan & take a nationalistic approach, rather than taking actions to increase their vote bank. The MQM has been sincere in its development of Karachi, & I could see them as working to tackle extremism & developing Pakistan even if they lost the 2013 elections. Interesting times ahead! :pakistan:

Well said!

I'm leaning more toward Musharraf too just because Imran Khan isn't clear on his polices except for the drone issue and America. I want to hear him talk more education, religious intolerance in Pakistan, extremism, security, economy, diplomatic relations with other countries, etc. I'm sure he has ideas on where he wants to go with those issues but he never really brings them up. He's a good and charismatic guy but he needs to start talking about other things besides drones/American relations

Zinda hai Bhutto zinda hai, tum jitnay bhutto maro gay har ghar se bhutto niklay ga, Jiyea zardari
aaah meh pagal ho gaye ho:taz::wave:

and some one replied
Har ghar main sathi rakhein gay phir kaisey bhuto nikley ga..:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom