What's new

Pakistan FUTURE soldier Program Ambitions

Don't know if these guys actually manufacture their stuff or import but the first time someone in Pakistan actually has a Plate Carrier not the crap from LYRA or POF:

1938.COM.PK

Alibaba 1938.com.pk
New-Infantry-Gear-Pakistan-Heavy-Industries-Taxila-HIT-01.PNG

Pak-Army-PCS-01.jpg

To fight a modern war size alone is not enough. Pakistan Army is rather large as it is. We need to increase ‘lethality’ of an average private in combat. In other words we need to make Pak army jawan, lean & mean. This requires improvement in three areas:

First is the physical aspect, which means that the soldier should be physical strong and fit thus able to withstand long marches in extreme weather conditions fully loaded with his kit.

Secondly, weapons available to the ordinary soldier must be deadly and reliable. Such weapons may not necessarily be state of the art, but each soldier should be trained to the extent that he is able to use his weapons with his eyes shut.

Last and IMO the most important quality is courage & mental capability. We need Pakistani ‘private’ to be moderately well educated; be able to respond quickly to changing environment and have the initiative to take necessary action in critical situations without having to wait for the orders. Ideally I would like all the army jawans to have training & fighting ability of the Royal Marines or close to it.

While Pak army planners appear to be doing all they can to improve the first two aspects, are they doing enough to improve mental capability?

In a fast changing world, technology is of paramount important. Most Pak army Jawans come from uneducated rural background and would probably find it difficult to keep pace with technical advancements in the art of war. IMHO couple of hours, 2 or 3 times a week in a class room to improve their education & technical skills will go a long way towards improving their combat effectiveness.

To fight a modern war size alone is not enough. Pakistan Army is rather large as it is. We need to increase ‘lethality’ of an average private in combat. In other words we need to make Pak army jawan, lean & mean. This requires improvement in three areas:

First is the physical aspect, which means that the soldier should be physical strong and fit thus able to withstand long marches in extreme weather conditions fully loaded with his kit.

Secondly, weapons available to the ordinary soldier must be deadly and reliable. Such weapons may not necessarily be state of the art, but each soldier should be trained to the extent that he is able to use his weapons with his eyes shut.

Last and IMO the most important quality is courage & mental capability. We need Pakistani ‘private’ to be moderately well educated; be able to respond quickly to changing environment and have the initiative to take necessary action in critical situations without having to wait for the orders. Ideally I would like all the army jawans to have training & fighting ability of the Royal Marines or close to it.

While Pak army planners appear to be doing all they can to improve the first two aspects, are they doing enough to improve mental capability?

In a fast changing world, technology is of paramount important. Most Pak army Jawans come from uneducated rural background and would probably find it difficult to keep pace with technical advancements in the art of war. IMHO couple of hours, 2 or 3 times a week in a class room to improve their education & technical skills will go a long way towards improving their combat effectiveness.

What is your experience in military matters which makes you such an expert? The so called modern technologically superior militaries have lost wars to under equipped, uneducated militias in Vietnam, Afghanistan and even Iraq including the venerated Royal Marines.

What is your experience in military matters which makes you such an expert? The so called modern technologically superior militaries have lost wars to under equipped, uneducated militias in Vietnam, Afghanistan and even Iraq including the venerated Royal Marines.

Hon Sir,

Your objections are valid and require an answer.

Pakistan has no plans to invade a faraway country like Afghanistan, Iraq or Vietnam where, in addition to the opposing military; the soldier has to face a hostile population as well. Pakistan’s perceived enemy is our erstwhile neighbour India. Any Indo –Pak war would not be a guerrilla war but a conventional war with thousands of troops facing each other. Therefore examples quoted by you are not applicable in the Indo Pak conflict scenario.

Indian military enjoys vast superiority in numbers as well as in available financial resources. Hence Indian military hardware is more modern and of the quality equal to if not better than what Pakistan has. Unless you would like to press the nuclear button from the word go; how do you propose we can even the odds if not through the quality of the ordinary soldier. Many acknowledge Royal Marines as one of the foremost Light Infantry in world. Hence I gave their example. However you are welcome to consider them rubbish if it pleases you.

You can’t have forgotten the OBL affair, where US employed stealth technology to blind Pakistani Radar and / or that F-117 destroyed Iraq communication network without any losses in the first Gulf war?

How can a fighter without BVR successfully challenge a hostile jet which can destroy 6 targets simultaneously beyond the visual range and / or a stealth fighter that you cannot see? Regrettably, modern wars are technology based and even to operate & maintain modern convention weapons, a minimum level of educational & technical skills are required. Majority of the Pakistani army recruits originate from the Potahar, KPK and central Punjab region and possess only rudimentary education. You don’t think that it would be beneficial to improve their level of education?

This is a defence forum but not many of the members are military professionals. Admittedly, I do not have a military background either. However, being retired for a few years I read a lot to pass the time and this includes articles of military, air force and the navy. I joined this forum because of my interest in the defence matters and therefore reserve the right to post my opinion.

If you are a military professional, I would respect any criticism that you have with open arms. Even if you are not, you are free to disagree with my views. However, there is no need to be rude and disagreeable as well.

@niaz has a point the major fighting component of any army is made of nco's and jco's they need to be on top of their game to achieve mission success. The qualified the will be the more efficiently they can be used by their officer.

Since 2012, small tiny steps we have taken

a)Assault Rifle evaluations are under way Polish , Russian , Turkish all have gone thru evaluation
b) Possible small arms enhancements
c) Some rifle improvements
d) We got our own APC , Hamza APC

Still behind a bit on technology integration on ground units

flexible-display-2010-10-08-600.jpg

china-bangun-ribuan-tentara-drone-iuFz7sjSuK.jpg

Always good to have a bird eye view of situation

yc4460j.jpg

BlackHornet.jpg

talon-robot.jpg

Last edited:
22K is basic and normally they got 38K with allowances, Utility bills and other things like schools fesses are Cheaper then normal citizens. much other things if you want to know

i think G-36 is better
G36 has so many issues and the you wish to replace a 7.62 with a 5.56 ? Looks and video game stats don't determine guns in real life

ACOGs could significantly enhance combat effectiveness. Would cost PA $10 to $20 per unit. If you bought 100,000 to arm PA, it would cost about 1 million USD.

The US marines puts one of these on every single assault rifle.

This is how effective they are:

Apparently US soldiers who can use these effectively completely blew away the enemy in combat.

Its little things like these that I will never understand why the professionals in PA never think about.

@Signalian

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom