What's new

Pakistan friends, I think you should buy this two warships

instead of getting more F-22Ps we should have gone for 04 Type 54As and if these Type 52s can be upgraded to at least 52C with economical price then PN should try to get them.

These two Type 52 Destroyers were upgraded in 2011 and are a much heavier punch than F-22P's which are only light Frigates. Even if we were paying little more than what we paid for F-22P's, it would still be a Bargain because there is plenty of room on these 5000 ton destroyers and they can be rigged for heaviest and latest VLS Air Defence Systems far more deadly than the one on F-22P.

China would be glad to sell us the latest Frigates - Type 54A's , but we are limited by our lack of Funds

Last edited:
Type 54A is the new Stealth FRIGATE and NOT a DESTROYER.

I think you meant we were planning on leasing two Type 52 Destroyers...

Well these two our friend @zhang5521 is suggesting are Type 52 destroyers ( 112 Harbin- 1994 and 113 Qindao - 1996) except that instead of leasing he is suggesting and outright Sale at a Cheap Price. I guess it will all depend on how Cheap is the Cheap Price and if China be willing Transfer of Technology for newer Frigates or they want to sell 20 year old TOT for these non Stealth Destroyers.

sir with due respect , you are saying that its 20 year old Tech and than you are saying we should buy this ?! doesn't make any kind a sense ?
shouldn't we go for 10 year lease of type 54A frigates at least they have stealth ....

Meray Bhai, dono may bohut farq hai.

Aik Frigate hai aur dosra Destroyer hai.

Dou different class say taluuq rukhtay hein.

Agar aap ko aik Destroyer, aik Frigate ki qimat pay mil reha hai to uus kay khareednay may kia kharabi hai.

Aaj kal aik Destroyer aik Billion dollar ka aata hai.

Iss liyay hamaray pass aik bhi Destroyer nahi hai.

Agar yeh destroyer 100 ya 200 million dollars kay baichtay hein to ye bargain hooga.

Yeh destroyer 4800 Tons kay hein or in pay medium or long range VLS Air Defence System lagaya ja sakta hai.

Uus say hamari Navy ki strength may baytahasha izzafa ho ga.

Technology kay difference jis ki mein baat kar raha tha wo Stealth technology hai. Yeh destroyer non-stealth hein pur phir bhi bohut Potent or Powerful hein.

Iss ko aisay samjhein kay agar mujhay istamaal shuda 15 saal purani Mercedes Benz bohut cheap qimaat per mil rehi hai to mei uus ko khareed loon ga. Mercedes aakhir Mercedes hai.

Aab aap kahain gay latest technology ki Mercedes kyon nahi khareedi ?

Agar aap ki jaib may $250,000 dollar hein to zaroor khareedein, warna $ 12,000 dollar mein 12 se 15 saal purani mercedes aik bargain hai kay nahi.

Yahan per baat aik Bargain ki hoo rahi hay, kyonkay Aap ki jaib khali hai pur phir bhi shauq NAWABOAN WALAY rakhtay hein.:enjoy:

This the same reason we buy old used F-16's ( 1980's Technology) at cheap prices and upgrade them. These are considered COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTONS.

Last edited:
@Rashid Mahmood Would appreciate your input.

Although the 052 DDG's are almost 20 years old, they were upgraded in 2011 and if PN buys them, we can further upgrade them to serve another 15 years easily.

They can be used as a training platform for the 052D, which should be our main focus after the Sub deal.

Although the 052 DDG's are almost 20 years old, they were upgraded in 2011 and if PN buys them, we can further upgrade them to serve another 15 years easily.

They can be used as a training platform for the 052D, which should be our main focus after the Sub deal.

Rashid Bhai where is the money going to come from ? :unsure:

Rashid Bhai where is the money going to come from ? :unsure:

Well that is "the" question. :)

The sub deal is principally approved and probably will be signed by July/August.
These 2 destroyers can be leased for a period of 10 years with the option to buy, this won't cost that much money.

The next planning for a ship, should be for the 52D's, instead of the the FFG's.
Money will come in slowly, but our planning should be complete.

The sub deal is principally approved and probably will be signed by July/August.
These 2 destroyers can be leased for a period of 10 years with the option to buy, this won't cost that much money.

The next planning for a ship, should be for the 52D's, instead of the the FFG's.

What about that F-22P upgrade we were hearing about ? :unsure:

Waisee as a Navy Man do you think we can hold our own if the Indians decide to blockade us ?

You should buy China type 052 destroyers, 112 and 113 destroyer, and the best available technology transfer. Can production the two destroyer
这种驱逐舰目前在中国海军是反潜的主力驱逐舰,但是未来会被配给中国北海舰队的4艘052C取代,
The destroyer is currently in the Chinese Navy is anti submarine force destroyers, but in the future will be rationed China Beihai fleet of 4 052C substitution,
1340105085.18839922.jpg
154008_328.jpg

152216_445.jpg

The two ships is still relatively new, they served in the 90's, which belongs to the second generation China guided missile destroyer, although I was reluctant, but I think he is very suitable for Pakistan, first of all need to be emphasized, the two destroyers is anti submarine destroyers, they are the true sense of the destroyer

They were equipped with HHQ7 missiles, there is also space HHQ16VSL, they were equipped with two doors and 730 recent anti gun, also equipped with twin 100 mm gun and YJ83 anti-ship missiles,

Most importantly, they were equipped with towed line array sonar advanced, they can carry two helicopters, hangar can accommodate two helicopters, anti submarine capability is very strong, can effective against general submarine

There is a little more important, they gradually lost the main destroyer role in Chinese Navy, but Pakistan should now lack of medium and large surface ships, especially the lack of a real sense of destroyers, 052 destroyers drainage volume of 4000 tons to 5000 tons

If they are given with HHQ16VLS. Then the 052 missile destroyer will be air defense, anti-ship, anti submarine are very strong and balanced guided missile destroyer, the overall combat capability is in India's Delhi class destroyer,

But due to accelerate China naval missile destroyer change speed, Pakistan is likely to use a very cheap price to buy the two strong anti submarine and anti-ship capability of the destroyer,

And I think Pakistan should buy the two destroyers construction technology, such, can help Pakistan to establish their own destroyer manufacturing capacity, I think that Pakistan should be helpful, and buy two type 052 destroyers and independent production than to buy four 054A ship more cost-effective, more useful
If you are ready to give them free we would love to have other wise our Economy really sucks these days we need at least 4 more F-22 and also 4 Type 54 Frigates and if we can get 3 more Frigates from USA that will do it for us until our economy improves we can't think of getting Destroyer although how much we love them even the ships we mentioned we may take money from some Gulf country to buy these

Type 54B FFG 5000 tonnage [development announced 2013] should be priority Type 52D is too much to digest and costs alot and may not be available for sales. From Pakistan's perspective Type 54B is considered Destroyer, just my opinion. PN should be able to afford 4-5 Warships in a decade 10 Year span costs 1.3b-1.5b or even that is impossible? your comments...

What about that F-22P upgrade we were hearing about ? :unsure:

Waisee as a Navy Man do you think we can hold our own if the Indians decide to blockade us ?

The F-22P are new platforms, so they will serve as they are.
With the presence of 90B's, a blockade is out of the question. :)

Type 54B FFG 5000 tonnage [development announced 2013] should be priority Type 52D is too much to digest and costs alot and may not be available for sales. From Pakistan's perspective Type 54B is considered Destroyer, just my opinion. PN should be able to afford 4-5 Warships in a decade 10 Year span costs 1.3b-1.5b or even that is impossible? your comments...

I agree that 052D is costlier and may not be available for sale, but that's what I consider the PN to go for.

054B can also be a viable option keeping the costs in mind, but a balanced PN needs to have at least 4 X DDG's and 10 X FFG's.
We have 10 FFG's already, which can serve some time, so instead of going for additional frigates we should go for 052D.

We have alot of money, we just need to spend it at the right place.

Last edited:
The F-22P are new platforms, so they will serve as they are.
With the presence of 90B's, a blockade is out of the question. :)

I agree that 052D is costlier and may not be available for sale, but that's what I consider the PN to go for.

054B can also be a viable option keeping the costs in mind, but a balanced PN needs to have at least 4 X DDG's and 10 X FFG's.
We have 10 FFG's already, which can serve some time, so instead of going for additional frigates we should go for 052D.

We have alot of money, we just need to spend it at the right place.
Sir first we need to achieve the number of around 12 Frigates Sir at least than try to go for something else and if economy some how dramatically improves than we can take number to 20 other and than think of going for Destroyers or not

Back
Top Bottom