What's new

Pakistan First ! The case for Pakistani Nationalism.

@DalalErMaNodi @Atlas @Michael Corleone
@SpaceMan18
This Bihari is too much, talking bad about Bangladesh in every post.
Let them bark brother, I really do not care . He is not the only Pakistani here who bark against Bangladesh . Once I used to protest them , now I do pity them, and do not consider it wise to waste my time on them ( whoever love mudslinging instead of participating in a fruitful discussion). They and their counter part Sanghis are actually the same..

Last edited:
To::
@DalalErMaNodi ; @Atlas ; @X-ray Papa; @Michael Corleone
Try to understand Pakistani Nationalism , I understand Bengali nationalism, and have praised Bengali language, literature, music and culture in every post. Show me ONE post where I have badmouthed Bengali culture.
But you should reflect on this proverb. ( Rough Translation: What goes around comes around )

পরের জন্য গর্ত খুঁড়লে নিজেকেই সে গর্তে পড়তে হয়

😀I sometimes wish I was a Bihari. .Great people from a great land !
If "Biharis" can cause you so much pain, then I should send my congratulations to Shri Nitish Kumar the current Chief Minister of Bihar in India because he kicked off Bihari Nationalism in India.
As they say in Bihar : Ek Bihari sau par bhari ( One Bihari overcomes 100 others).

We are Pakistan's First ....

It is necessary now as never before to emphasize our identity.

We are Pakistanis, dwellers of Sindh, Baluchistan, KPK, Gilgit, Baltistan, Punjab and Azad Kashmir. We are defined by a common cultural thread of Saraiki linking our provinces and our peoples.
Ours is an ancient culture going back to the dawn of civilization established in the Indus River Valley 5400 years ago. We have evolved over the centuries absorbing other cultures and religions.

Over the last 50 years our cultural and national identity has been transformed and redefined.
We are redefining our cultural traditions to as they were centuries back with deep roots to Central Asia and the Middle East. In dress, language, and cuisine we are now different than we were 50 years back. Few nations in the world have culturally transformed so rapidly.

To further redefine it is necessary to emphasize who we are NOT...
Pakistanis are Not :

1. "Indian" Muslims - We are not part of "India" and yes a majority of our population is
Muslim
but religion has nothing to do with our national identity. We have no
connection with the Muslim population of "India" as defined by its
territory today.

2. "West" Pakistanis - There is no "East" or "West" Pakistan but simply Pakistan.

3. "South" Asians- Pakistanis are Asians and our population similarity is with West or Central
Asia.

What do PDF members think?

Are the other South Asian populations at all relevant to us?

I absolutely loved it, until you said religion has nothing to do with our national identity. Religion is always part of every nations national identity, that is just a matter of fact, it cannot be rejected.

I am far more secular then I can tell you, but Islamic values form a core of my thinking, it is natural because that is the environment, the familial environment everyone grows up in, among every religious groups, even among secular nations, they look to the historical religious associations, so you absorb those ethos as part of your identity.

If you adjust to religion is not the "ONLY" part of our identity, then, it would be beautiful and factually correct :)

Sorry, I missed the bit after that,
Brother, we are South Asians, that fact cannot be rejected, South Asian is a geographical term, you cannot uproot and place yourself in a different part of the world, it is not physically possible.

Geographically, we are South Asians, and we do have historical cultural linkages, its is just a fact.
But we also have cultural, plus religious affiliations and links with the West and Central Asia.

Why must we choose,
lets just be honest with our history, we are the children of the incus, I am happy with that.
But don't tear away East Pakistan, it was once part of our body, at least for me, it will always have a special place in my heart, I have no wish for unification, but, neither do I wish to reject them.

Let them bark brother, I really do not care . He is not the only Pakistani here who bark against Bangladesh . Once I used to protest them , now I do pity them, and do not consider it wise to waste my time on them ( whoever love mudslinging instead of participating in a fruitful discussion). They and their counter part Sanghis are actually the same.

Abar kobe ban hoiben hujur ektu janaiyen amare ! Apni to beshirbhag time ajkal ban ei thaken ! :lol:

Who is barking against Bangladesh?
Sorry I tried to find it but must have missed few posts.

Last edited:
Nowadays I do not bother reading posts from many marked users , both Pakistani and Indian . So can not find such posts for you sorry. But I see those people are still posting here ( In Bangladesh defense forum).

However I have no problem with Pakistan or Pakistanis , I just have problem with few people and I avoid reading their posts., because I know their mentality very well. I do not want any frustration with Pakistan and that's why I avoid reading the posts of some people whom I found offensive at past! I believe that PDF Pakistanis do not represent majority Pakistanis, but reading posts from such haters will affect my mentality !

Last edited:
I absolutely loved it, until you said religion has nothing to do with our national identity. Religion is always part of every nations national identity, that is just a matter of fact, it cannot be rejected.

I am far more secular then I can tell you, but Islamic values form a core of my thinking, it is natural because that is the environment, the familial environment everyone grows up in, among every religious groups, even among secular nations, they look to the historical religious associations, so you absorb those ethos as part of your identity.

If you adjust to religion is not the "ONLY" part of our identity, then, it would be beautiful and factually correct :)

Brother, we are South Asians, that fact cannot be rejected, South Asian is a geographical term, you cannot uproot and place yourself in a different part of the world, it is not physically possible.

Geographically, we are South Asians, and we do have historical cultural linkages, its is just a fact.
But we also have cultural, plus religious affiliations and links with the West and Central Asia.

Why must we choose,
lets just be honest with our history, we are the children of the incus, I am happy with that.
But don't tear away East Pakistan, it was once part of our body, at least for me, it will always have a special place in my heart, I have no wish for unification, but, neither do I wish to reject them.

They insinuated in no uncertain terms that Bangladeshis aren't 'muslims',... By putting the word Muslim in quotes when referring to Bangladeshis.... If you cannot see that, then we cannot help you.

Indian masters, holding leashes and what not.....

Sad little Bihari.

Living in the West with 'kafirs' and talking smack about who is Muslim or not lol.... Idiot Child.

👍 " religion is not the "ONLY" part of our identity " . I changed that sentence on the OP. Check. Thanks for pointing this out.

Why must we choose,

May I differ here.? Being honest with our history is exactly the reason why we must see future in a different light. "East Pakistan" is history.
There is no reason for the wish for fantasy "unification" or for that matter even a "special place in our hearts". We have already rejected each other politically, geographically, and massacred each other's populations over language and culture. Not recognizing the viable identity of Pakistan has cost us precious lives of our armed forces, and the intervention of our mortal enemy. We can't dwell on the past but the road to the future is clear. We are transforming as rapidly as a boy transforms to a youth in adolescence. The physical, and mental, changes are stark. The transformation of a boy to adulthood is permanent so also is the establishment of our national identity.

They insinuated in no uncertain terms that Bangladeshis aren't 'muslims',... By putting the word Muslim in quotes when referring to Bangladeshis.... If you cannot see that, then we cannot help you.

Sad little Bihari.

Living in the West with 'kafirs' and talking smack about who is Muslim or not lol.... Idiot Child.

Easy bro, lol
I wasn't asking for help, just a little clarification, atlas seemed more reasonable then you.
Surely, between attack and defence, there is room for discussion, and I cannot partake in a discussion without asking for clarification, and that's all it was.

If I did not see it, it is not out of deliberate blindness, oversights do occur sometimes, especially, if the insult is not directed directly at you, and it is easy to miss if it is not so obvious. But your point is taken, thank you for replying.

Sad little Bihari.

Reply to below please instead of name calling.

To::
@DalalErMaNodi ; @Atlas ; @X-ray Papa; @Michael Corleone
Try to understand Pakistani Nationalism , I understand Bengali nationalism, and have praised Bengali language, literature, music and culture in every post. Show me ONE post where I have badmouthed Bengali culture.
But you should reflect on this proverb. ( Rough Translation: What goes around comes around )

পরের জন্য গর্ত খুঁড়লে নিজেকেই সে গর্তে পড়তে হয়

👍 " religion is not the "ONLY" part of our identity " . I changed that sentence on the OP. Check. Thanks for pointing this out.

May I differ here.? Being honest with our history is exactly the reason why we must see future in a different light. "East Pakistan" is history.
There is no reason for the wish for fantasy "unification" or for that matter even a "special place in our hearts". We have already rejected each other politically, geographically, and massacred each other's populations over language and culture. Not recognizing the viable identity of Pakistan has cost us precious lives of our armed forces, and the intervention of our mortal enemy. We can't dwell on the past but the road to the future is clear. We are transforming as rapidly as a boy transforms to a youth in adolescence. The physical, and mental, changes are stark. The transformation of a boy to adulthood is permanent so also is the establishment of our national identity.

Whatever my personal feelings,
As brothers, if the majority holds your thinking, then we stand united. For united we stand, divided we fall.

But, just go easy with Bengali brothers, if I can try and adjust to your requirements, at least have the courage to create little room for me :)
Good and bad, you will find everywhere, but on balance, they are a decent lot.

Pakistani territorial nationalism is a reactionary sentiment to non-Pakistani Muslim mistreatment of Pakistan. But I still don't agree with it. Its a clone of Indian territorial nationalism. Allowing territorial nationalism will open the way for Punjabi ethno-nationalism and dreams to reunited both sides of Punjab which were divided on religious basis.

Great.

As brothers, if the majority holds your thinking, then we stand united. For united we stand, divided we fall.

But, just go easy with Bengali brothers, if I can try and adjust to your requirements, at least have the courage to create little room for me :)

Religion or identity what came first?, I was a Khilji before Islam & I am still a Pakistani Khilji after Islam.

I don’t see a none Pakistani Muslim as my brother, no sir no, watan comes first everything else comes after.
You identify yourself as a Muslim but refute basic tenets of Islam such Muslim unity and borderless Islamic regions. There is no such thing as a Pakistani Muslim or Indian Muslim but only a Muslim. Putting your own skewed interpretation questions your motives.

Says a man who hails from the most nationalist ethnic group.

Last edited:
True, and we are never going to fall again.
I believe the younger population born after 1971 ( and the majority of members on this forum feel that way), which is why this thread will be a good measure of how we feel. The pre-1971 population will soon pass on.

I understand Bangladeshi's ( the proper term, not "Bengali brothers" ) far more than most of them understand Pakistan or Pakistanis.
I have intermittently lived and worked in Bangladesh and though I can't read or write Bengali, I do speak a tiny bit of street Bengali that I picked up from my stint in Kolkata. I adore Bengali patriotic music, and poetry, theater, and movies. I appreciate Bengali nationalism as distinct from rabidly parochial linguistic nationalism directed solely and only at Pakistan which is my nation. I am sorry but I have to draw the line here.

I do make room for you, and take your comments very seriously which is why I changed my OP on this thread. I simply enjoy reading your posts, and admire your secular stance. If it is all the same to you I am a non-practicing pork eating liquor drinking half Muslim but I will raise my glass to toast Pakistan's health and prosperity till my last breath.

Last edited:
No Such thing as South Asian !!! 8-)
Terminology was invented by Indians , so they can win Electoral votes in various western Agencies get votes from Pakistani and Bangali overseas to get in to power posts

Our Grouping is with G8 or Central Asia or Shanghai Corporation

South Asian = Bhikari Grouping

In Past our 95% effort was wasted , with Bhikari Trade forums we need to focus on G8 and Central Asia or Shanghai Corp

Also the term is technically not correct

1610889944051.png

Last edited:

Why must we choose,

The term "south Asians" was first used by the British during the raj to describe the inhabitants of "British united india". However, the term "south asian" is inaccurate as Pakistanis, indians and others from so called "south asia" are ethnically and racially different.

The term "south Asians" was first used by the British during the raj to describe the inhabitants of "British united india". However, the term "south asian" is inaccurate as Pakistanis, indians and others from so called "south asia" are ethnically and racially different.

Or the word sub continent , still used by our journalists, writers etc, mind you they are still mentally enslaved.
The word desi is another one, usually Indians & homosexuals are called desi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom