What's new

Pakistan faces no threat from India?

Gin ka Pakistan

Reaction score
British foreign secretary David in an interview to a US news channel said Pakistan faces no threat from India. Obama said the same thing in the past and so did our own President.
My question is then why we have deployed our Army at Eastern boarders in greater numbers then Western boarders were a war is going on, if India is no threat?

British foreign secretary David in an interview to a US news channel said Pakistan faces no threat from India. Obama said the same thing in the past and so did our own President.
My question is then why we have deployed our Army at Eastern boarders in greater numbers then Western boarders were a war is going on, if India is no threat?

One shouldnt get carried away from such reports as these reports will keep surfacing from time to time as certain international powers want Pakistan to loose its focus from the real threat and rather focus on an illconceived one. And of course GOP is a part of such plans however there are saner heads which will keep GOP on track irrespective of how much it wants to deviate from it.

I don't understand what they meant with the word "threat" !:what:

maybe they missunderstood the Indo-Pak relations!:lol:

There is a difference between "no threat" and "little threat". I believe that India poses little immediate military threat, and a significant amount of immediate and future non-conventional threat, in the form of support for internal insurgencies and dissent, foreign influence, economic blockout etc. We don't need British or the American permission to defend ourselves against these threats. It really doesn't matter to me one bit what the British Foreign Minister says. It may well be an act to appease India and make them feel more secure in teh region. It certainly helps Pakistan if India thinks that Pakistan does not consider it a threat.

As for the Brits. Britain faces no threat from anyone in the region, yet it maintains one of the largest, most modern conventional militaries in the world today. It is also upgrading and modernizing everything, from the Army to the Air Force. Therefore, if the objective here is to slow down Pakistan's military modernization or expansion, it is pure hypocrisy.

Well I am not bothered about what ameicans or Brits are saying but yes our president got it right that India is not a threat for us , because of the same reason , the threat within i.e., Mr. Zardari himself.:pakistan:

1st) Why is this in the land forces section!?

2nd) Yes, India is Pakistan's largest threat! Our politicians are retarded, but gladly our Army still has some sense, Alhamdulillah!

Obama can spew all of his lies and nonsense, but Pakistan's security comes first!

America and it's servant, India, exposed by Zaid Hamid:

Last edited by a moderator:
India had better things to do as a major power than be involved in a standoff with Pakistan - British Foreign Secretary David Miliband

Pak society caught in vicious circle: Miliband | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Pak society caught in vicious circle: Miliband
NEW YORK - British Foreign Secretary David Miliband on Sunday said that while India has progressed as a democracy over the past 62 years (and said India is a model for the world), the Pakistani society is “deeply challenged”, citing 31 years of military rule.
“We have to support a credible strong government in Pakistan,” he said on CNN’s GPS programme with Fareed Zakaria, an Indian-American journalist . The interview was conducted at Miliband’s office in London.
Asked whether the Pakistan Army and ISI were still playing a double game - sometimes supporting the militants for use against India and clamping down on them on and then - and whether this vicious cycle has been broken, Miliband replied, “This cycle has to be stopped,” who earlier said that 70 percent of British terrorism problem had roots in Pakistan.
The British Foreign Secretary said terrorism poses real threat to Pakistan and not India, adding that India had better things to do as a major power than be involved in a standoff with Pakistan.
On the other hand, Miliband said Pakistan was caught up in a host of problems, including disputes among its provinces (he said like between Punjab and Baluchistan) . But mentioned that there had been some change in Pakistani people’s attitude towards the militants when the extremists threatened Islamabad from their bases only 60 miles away.
As regards radicalisation among Muslim in Britain, including social exclusion and lack of really serious efforts aimed at promoting the welfare of minorities, Miliband viewed, “We must show respect (the Muslims), not buy respect.”

He also mentioned that unlike India Pakistan has 2/3 disputed borders.

Wow!

This man is hopelessly uninformed.

The British version of George Bush?

Does anyone even want to bother correcting the inaccuracies?

Yup he's useless. After his visit to India which can only be regarded as a fiasco, the Indian media doesn't miss a opportunity to take pot shots at him.

The British Foreign Secretary said terrorism poses real threat to Pakistan and not India, adding that India had better things to do as a major power than be involved in a standoff with Pakistan.

Major powers don't have standoffs?

NO THREAT!!??!!

Is more than half of the Indian Armed Forces deployed along the Pakistan border their for sight seeing?

What a bunch of bull $hit!!

I have very simple philosophy! about whether india is threat to pakistan or not. If somebody can answer why Sultan mehmood Ghaznavi had to attack 17 times on Hindu states. Because hindus each time created problems in area of Mehmood Ghanavi, he attacked and each time hindus agreed on peace and next time they created problem again and then rushed to peace and so on. At last Mehmood Ghanavi decided for final blow. Now see histroy what india did in 60 years. War and peace at same time. When they feel they are in serious problem they try to run to UNO. When they think they have upper hand they try to teach lesson to other without thinking what world is saying. In 1948 they ran to UNO. Now they say kashmir is not a problem. When Pakistan tries to highlight the issue by using some sort of pressure tactics, india says ok first normalize the situation and then we will talk on all issues. When situation is normalized India says there is no problem. And if some peace process is going in some +ve direction they manage some terrorist attacks in india and they all blame on pakistan. All hard work done goes rubbish. Again start from zero state.

That's why my conclusion is that inida is threat and it will remain therat to Paksitan.

Pakistan’s foreign office is useless in promoting Pakistan's point of view any were in the world and Pakistan’s ambassador to UK should resign.

These guys are tragically mistaken. Its pretty much obvious that the threat imposed by our hostile nieghbours is far more criticall then the threat imposed by the millitants fighting in Waziristan.

We can tame and Negotiate with the terrorists along the westren borders but We can Never Negotiate with the Untrustfull Indian Army in the East.

Moving Troops from Eastren borders is a task which can only be done when all the disputes between both Sides is rightfully addressed.Even then it will take time to build up confidance. Untill Then its like throwing stones in a deep ocean.

NO THREAT!!??!!

Is more than half of the Indian Armed Forces deployed along the Pakistan border their for sight seeing?

What a bunch of bull $hit!!

Nope, they are there to make sure no more Kasabs are comming to india for SIGHT SEEING. :agree:

Nope, they are there to make sure no more Kasabs are comming to india for SIGHT SEEING.

But still Kasab did went to mumbai . Didnt he . Man you guys need more Army on the Pakistani Border. One soldier per meter. Even still i dought you guys could stop the Kasabs coming to Rock on. ;)

:oops: i started the fire works again :hitwall:

:pop:

Back
Top Bottom